Suggest a bat for a 9 year old

Booger

[quote name="Booger" post="909897" timestamp="1289853276"]
Thanks BD Dad, can you specifiy whether you like the Amp or the Progidy ? When I put in Google I get several options for "Worth Lithium"

Thanks.
[/quote]

I think you'll be happy with either. I would certainly go with one of the two.

There are some better bats out there , and you don’t want to go with a Wal-Mart special -  but honestly – It aint the bat.

Been down this road. It is very easy to get caught up in the bat hype. Fell victim to it myself. The kid that has always had the highest BP and SLP on my teams for past 4 years, has always swung the most inexpensive bat on the team. Since 9U he has used the basic solid aluminum TPX Omaha - bout  a $135 bat and if you wait until  the new bats for the next year  are released you can get a new left over bat from previous year, for a very reduced price. They are the same bats , the new releases  just have better paint jobs. Just my thoughts on the subject.

I realize that it is the swing and not the bat, but the Easton Stealth last year made a huge difference last year.  I watched as my 8 yr old played around the area all last year.  I never bought into the hype until it was too late.  The bat was that much hotter than anything else.  JMHO.

SWB is a wise man!!  Bottom line...The Easton Stealth is the only bat that stood out and now it's illegal and should be. Hitting with that thing was like a video game and I saw kids with the worst swing ever driving balls in the outfield. I know kids with $700.00 worth of bats that can't hit their way out of a wet paper sack cause they think it's the bat.. If you want your kid to be a good hitter and develop long term then get off of the BAT HYPE... Get him a wooden bat or at least a 2 1/4 barrel and only let him hit with that...Come game time let him grab one of those big barrels from one of those bat HYPE kids you have on your team and let him show'em how to hit with it..You'll save $$ and your kid will see the benefit..Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Long Ball" post="911404" timestamp="1290011479"]
SWB is a wise man!!  Bottom line...The Easton Stealth is the only bat that stood out and now it's illegal and should be. Hitting with that thing was like a video game and I saw kids with the worst swing ever driving balls in the outfield. [b]I know kids with $700.00 worth of bats that can't hit their way out of a wet paper sack cause they think it's the bat.. [/b] If you want your kid to be a good hitter and develop long term then get off of the BAT HYPE... Get him a wooden bat or at least a 2 1/4 barrel and only let him hit with that...Come game time let him grab one of those big barrels from one of those bat HYPE kids you have on your team and let him show'em how to hit with it..You'll save $$ and your kid will see the benefit..Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
[/quote]

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.
It's not the bat, it's the batter that counts.
Develop the swing first, then you can hit with ANYTHING!

[quote name="Long Ball" post="911404" timestamp="1290011479"]
SWB is a wise man!!  Bottom line...The Easton Stealth is the only bat that stood out and now it's illegal and should be. Hitting with that thing was like a video game and I saw kids with the worst swing ever driving balls in the outfield. I know kids with $700.00 worth of bats that can't hit their way out of a wet paper sack cause they think it's the bat.. If you want your kid to be a good hitter and develop long term then get off of the BAT HYPE... Get him a wooden bat or at least a 2 1/4 barrel and only let him hit with that...Come game time let him grab one of those big barrels from one of those bat HYPE kids you have on your team and let him show'em how to hit with it..You'll save $$ and your kid will see the benefit..Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
[/quote]

I think this is the best advice.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder