Dayton vs. Kingwood Park "Round 2"

Guest cheese

Our offense seems to sputter at times then shine bright all of a sudden. HUM398, if you were an offensive coodinator planning a game with KP, how would you attack their defense? Outside, inside, heavy pass attack? BrenhamFan, you might chime on this as well. The cubs did seem to have success on drives when they didn't have the turnovers.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not too worried about the turnover bug hitting the Bronco's this week. I think that we already had that bug in the first 3 games and Im sure that it has been fixed. One turnover a game is not that bad, but its hard to win when you let the rock go more than 2 or 3 times. I dont live in the Houston area anymore but what are the weather conditions for this game? I only get the Dallas weather up here and its supposed to be sunny and windy. If its windy I would think that it would favor the Bronco's because of the running game and the short passes. I still dont like playing an early game, hopefully we play under the lights for the remainder of the season if we can get past KP.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="913066" timestamp="1290192864"]
Our offense seems to sputter at times then shine bright all of a sudden. HUM398, if you were an offensive coodinator planning a game with KP, how would you attack their defense? Outside, inside, heavy pass attack? BrenhamFan, you might chime on this as well. The cubs did seem to have success on drives when they didn't have the turnovers.
[/quote]

If i was a OC planning on playing Kingwood park, id attack the outside and get my play makers in space. Attack the flats ALL DAY.  id also throw quite a flew slant routes in there to soften up that LB unit who tend to like to come down and put a hand in the dirt.   If you spread Kingwood out enough, you have quite a bit of running room.  

My objective would be to dink and dunk and get them worn out, keep about a 55-45 Pass-Run ratio... If you are up at halftime, you will win the game.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="913066" timestamp="1290192864"]
[/quote]

When we didn't turn the ball over, our offense was about 80% effective.  I'd say they are about as talented as Waller with a little better offense.

Okay now. That's what I'm talking about. A gameplan!! Only problem with it is, the Broncos don't throw quick slants. I've been begging (me and Liltex) all year on the message board for some but we're still waiting.  :D

On the other hand though, the coaching staff does a great job of getting the playmakers in space the way you described. So I'm sure they'll open it up and see what happens. Sounds like another key might be downfield blocking in this type of game. Another one of the Broncos attributes.  ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="913087" timestamp="1290194463"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76085.msg913066#msg913066 date=1290192864]
[/quote]

When we didn't turn the ball over, our offense was about 80% effective.  I'd say they are about as talented as Waller with a little better offense.
[/quote]

Theyrre better then Waller.  They are on par with Stratford Offensively.  If you were to switch Waller and Kpark, you'd get an upgrade.

[quote name="HUM398" post="913102" timestamp="1290195165"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76085.msg913087#msg913087 date=1290194463]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Theyrre better then Waller.  [b]They are on par with Stratford Offensively.[/b]  If you were to switch Waller and Kpark, you'd get an upgrade.
[/quote]

wow.... that says a little. could their defense not get off the field against you guys? 31-3 and 23-13 are 2 very different outcomes, IMO.

[quote name="HUM398" post="913102" timestamp="1290195165"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Theyrre better then Waller.  They are on par with Stratford Offensively.  If you were to switch Waller and Kpark, you'd get an upgrade.
[/quote]

That's why I said, Waller with a better offense.  Defense about the same.  I don't think they are as good as Stratord though. 

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="913088" timestamp="1290194495"]
Okay now. That's what I'm talking about. A gameplan!! Only problem with it is, the Broncos don't throw quick slants. I've been begging (me and Liltex) all year on the message board for some but we're still waiting.  :D

On the other hand though, the coaching staff does a great job of getting the playmakers in space the way you described. So I'm sure they'll open it up and see what happens. Sounds like another key might be downfield blocking in this type of game. Another one of the Broncos attributes.  ;D
[/quote][b]Sounds like another key might be downfield blocking in this type of game[/b]HOLY POOP BATMAN I actually understood that. ;D Ok carry on... I's learnen  ;)

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="913088" timestamp="1290194495"]

[/quote]
Early in the year when McBride(JD was RB) was in the slot the Broncos ran him on some slant routes with X and Fowler wide and they when for about 20 everytime. If they ran that same play with X it would be nasty.

[b]Early in the year when McBride(JD was RB) was in the slot the Broncos ran him on some slant routes with X and Fowler wide and they when for about 20 everytime. If they ran that same play with X it would be nasty.[/b]

Those were more of swing passes to a running back out of the backfield rather than wide receiver slant routes. But like HUM398 says, it's getting the playmakers in space with blockers. If it works, I'm all for it! I love to see Mcbride in the open field. The kid is exciting!

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="913197" timestamp="1290203804"]
[b]Early in the year when McBride(JD was RB) was in the slot the Broncos ran him on some slant routes with X and Fowler wide and they when for about 20 everytime. If they ran that same play with X it would be nasty.[/b]

Those were more of swing passes to a running back out of the backfield rather than wide receiver slant routes. But like HUM398 says, it's getting the playmakers in space with blockers. If it works, I'm all for it! I love to see Mcbride in the open field. The kid is exciting!
[/quote]
McBride was lined up as the 3rd reciever and JD was the RB. They threw it to McBride in the GP game twice on a slant. What opened it up was the safey havin to come up to run support when JD was eatin em up. I still believe you run the ball until KP stops it. Early in the year they would run X on an end around with the RB blocking and it would go for 10 everytime. Got to mix it up but nothing takes it out of a team when a 4'11" / 150# little pony is running all over you and theres nothing you can do about it ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="913104" timestamp="1290195350"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76085.msg913102#msg913102 date=1290195165]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Theyrre better then Waller.  [b]They are on par with Stratford Offensively.[/b]  If you were to switch Waller and Kpark, you'd get an upgrade.
[/quote]

wow.... that says a little. could their defense not get off the field against you guys? 31-3 and 23-13 are 2 very different outcomes, IMO.
[/quote]

First thing Good luck to both teams and let all players walk away with no injuries.
KP hs only been behind at half in one game all season. (Humble10-KP3) We were ahead of Willis the whole game until the last 1:30 of the game, when their QB ran for 50+ to take the lead and the win. Aqainst Humble we came out after halftime and had 3 pick 6's early in the third. Humble has a very good defense as well, but after the 3 picks we were down (lack of experience) IMO.
This game could have any of the above stated outcomes.

[quote name="kphs66" post="913299" timestamp="1290214321"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76085.msg913104#msg913104 date=1290195350]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76085.msg913102#msg913102 date=1290195165]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

First thing Good luck to both teams and let all players walk away with no injuries.
KP hs only been behind at half in one game all season. (Humble10-KP3) We were ahead of Willis the whole game until the last 1:30 of the game, when their QB ran for 50+ to take the lead and the win. Aqainst Humble we came out after halftime and had 3 pick 6's early in the third. Humble has a very good defense as well, but after the 3 picks we were down (lack of experience) IMO.
This game could have any of the above stated outcomes.

[/quote]
First post ;D Welcome to SETEX... Im glad to see a KP fan on here. Been kinda boring on here lately (used to 19-4A smack talk) Did not see your prediction? How is KP gonna win this one?

I really don't know anything about Dayton other than they have dominated us the last two years. We are a different team now than before, but do not have the experience/success of your program. Our young men play good as a team and our D has vastly improved from the mid point of the season.
I think we will need to have a couple big plays for us to win this game.

C'mon 2pm Saturday afternoon. I'm ready for some Broncos foozball.

After last week's performance, this game just might be a blowout.

I predict a 20 + margin of victory.

General speaking;You turn the ball over and you'll prolly lose.We know that from early on.But nobody is talking about how they would do without their #1 player out.We missed some golden opportunities last week and we'll fix that.We're still the top dog until somebody can stop us.We've done our job so now the kiddos have to execute.Go Broncs ;) 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder