Dayton vs. Kingwood Park "Round 2"

Guest cheese

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="912594" timestamp="1290131957"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=76085.msg911986#msg911986 date=1290065273]
Next thing we're gonna hear about is you throwing back a couple of wine coolers while you "toss a salad"
[/quote]

[b]No only dayton people drink whine coolers... tbh i don't think i've ever even seen a whine cooler. Hows sheep salad i hear thiers a lot of sheep tossing going on over there. [/b] [/quote]

This from the "OMG/luv" guy! :D  :D

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="912598" timestamp="1290132244"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=76085.msg912594#msg912594 date=1290131957]
Next thing we're gonna hear about is you throwing back a couple of wine coolers while you "toss a salad"
[/quote]

[b]No only dayton people drink whine coolers... tbh i don't think i've ever even seen a whine cooler. Hows sheep salad i hear thiers a lot of sheep tossing going on over there. [/b] [/quote]

[/quote]

Yes. Question when you go to sleep at night do you hear bahing or is it the Silence of the Lambs?

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="912583" timestamp="1290131209"]
[color=navy][b]I'll give the nod to Dayton 26-18 but you guys/gals have to remember that even though Brenham fumbled numerous times including in their red zone, the balls weren't fumbled into the end zone and K-Park just fell on them. Brenham's "D" was touted as being strong prior to this game so what changed all of a sudden? Brenham didn't just lay down and allow K-Park to score at will. I know from past experience playing us that those guys don't quit when they are behind and came back several times to topple us in one of the last region finals we played in Katy. K-Park obviously can move the ball on "O" because they weren't stopped by Brenham after all of those fumbles.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Our defense still managed to hold them to under 200 yards.  (173 or something like that, I think) Can't put the loss on those guys. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="912628" timestamp="1290134172"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76085.msg912583#msg912583 date=1290131209]
[color=navy][b]I'll give the nod to Dayton 26-18 but you guys/gals have to remember that even though Brenham fumbled numerous times including in their red zone, the balls weren't fumbled into the end zone and K-Park just fell on them. Brenham's "D" was touted as being strong prior to this game so what changed all of a sudden? Brenham didn't just lay down and allow K-Park to score at will. I know from past experience playing us that those guys don't quit when they are behind and came back several times to topple us in one of the last region finals we played in Katy. K-Park obviously can move the ball on "O" because they weren't stopped by Brenham after all of those fumbles.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Our defense still managed to hold them to under 200 yards.  (173 or something like that, I think) Can't put the loss on those guys. 
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Given a shorter field due to fumbles why would there be a lot of total yards on offense, it wasn't called for by their offense? Regardless of how many yards they had, they scored when it counted on the Brenham "D" I'm not pinning the loss solely on your "D" but the last time I can recall, you win and lose as a team. Yes, fumbles were key to their victory but after the fact the Brenham "D" didn't prevent them from scoring.[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="912635" timestamp="1290134928"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76085.msg912628#msg912628 date=1290134172]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Given a shorter field due to fumbles why would there be a lot of total yards on offense, it wasn't called for by their offense? Regardless of how many yards they had, they scored when it counted on the Brenham "D" I'm not pinning the loss solely on your "D" but the last time I can recall, you win and lose as a team. Yes, fumbles were key to their victory but after the fact the Brenham "D" didn't prevent them from scoring.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

I agree, but the fumbles in our own red zone were the biggest problem.  Good luck to LaMarque! 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="912641" timestamp="1290135305"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76085.msg912635#msg912635 date=1290134928]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76085.msg912628#msg912628 date=1290134172]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree, but the fumbles in our own red zone were the biggest problem.  Good luck to LaMarque! 
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Thanks, we are gonna start needing it after this weekend is over...I'm still not sold on our coaching or our lack of discipline at times to not do us in. You can have all the talent in the world but if it's not utilized correctly and consistently it will catch up to you sooner or later.[/b][/color]

Hearing a lot of props for KP.  Most of Beaumont picking them to win....LaMarque chiming in with a close game prediction...Humble stating an opinion along with the facts to back it up.  I'm waiting to hear what Brenham fan thinks??  Brenham didn't play their game and it cost them the win. 

Didn't notice KP having that cannon legged kicker making 65 yarders in pre-game in any film....he must've been a senior last year.

[quote name="rollinac" post="912736" timestamp="1290140278"]
Hearing a lot of props for KP.  Most of Beaumont picking them to win....LaMarque chiming in with a close game prediction...Humble stating an opinion along with the facts to back it up.  I'm waiting to hear what Brenham fan thinks??  Brenham didn't play their game and it cost them the win. 

Didn't notice KP having that cannon legged kicker making 65 yarders in pre-game in any film....he must've been a senior last year.
[/quote]

BrenhamFan says, if Dayton doesn't turn the ball over in their own redzone like we did, KP's fairytale is over.  I doubt they catch that many breaks 2 games in a row.  I'm gonna predict that they are just happy to beat us and be in the second round.  Dayton wins this one rather easily, leaving everybody to wonder about the game that could have been. (Brenham vs Dayton)

Dayton 34
Kingwood Park 17

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="912757" timestamp="1290141898"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=76085.msg912736#msg912736 date=1290140278]

[/quote]

BrenhamFan says, if Dayton doesn't turn the ball over in their own redzone like we did, KP's fairytale is over.  I doubt they catch that many breaks 2 games in a row.  I'm gonna predict that they are just happy to beat us and be in the second round.  Dayton wins this one rather easily, leaving everybody to wonder about the game that could have been. (Brenham vs Dayton)

Dayton 34
Kingwood Park 17
[/quote] I can't put my finger on it but I like your post Brenham Fan ;) - see you at the game ! GO BRONCO'S

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="912757" timestamp="1290141898"]

[/quote]

Dayton 34
Kingwood Park 17
[/quote]

Given that Dayton has a had a problem with turning the ball over, i am inclined to believe that the same standards would follow suit.  The truth of the matter is that Kingwood Park's defense is actually a pretty decent unit.  They may have recovered the fumbles from dayton, but they did a pretty good job controlling the line of scrimmage against the cubs.  With all that being said, their are a lot of things about kingwood park that just don't add up to a likely victory.  Statistically speaking, they have a chance to squeak out a close one.

Key's to Victory:

Dayton- Keep the ball off the turf.  You can't expect to win when in the 2nd round when you are letting the turf monster gobble up your possessions. If you don't allow Kingwood Park to take advantage of your turnovers, you will be fine.

Kingwood Park- Create Turnovers on a Turnover prone offense.  Play a strong 3rd Quarter.  Statistically, KP has horrendous 3rd quarters.  If you can avoid the collapse in the 3rd, and create, recover, and take advantage of any turnover that comes your way.  You will win a close one.

i still say Dayton 28-21.

[quote name="HUM398" post="912833" timestamp="1290173112"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76085.msg912757#msg912757 date=1290141898]
Hearing a lot of props for KP.  Most of Beaumont picking them to win....LaMarque chiming in with a close game prediction...Humble stating an opinion along with the facts to back it up.  I'm waiting to hear what Brenham fan thinks??  Brenham didn't play their game and it cost them the win.  

[/quote]

BrenhamFan says, if Dayton doesn't turn the ball over in their own redzone like we did, KP's fairytale is over.  I doubt they catch that many breaks 2 games in a row.  I'm gonna predict that they are just happy to beat us and be in the second round.  Dayton wins this one rather easily, leaving everybody to wonder about the game that could have been. (Brenham vs Dayton)

Dayton 34
Kingwood Park 17
[/quote]

Given that Dayton has a had a problem with turning the ball over, i am inclined to believe that the same standards would follow suit.  The truth of the matter is that Kingwood Park's defense is actually a pretty decent unit.  They may have recovered the fumbles from dayton, but they did a pretty good job controlling the line of scrimmage against the cubs.  With all that being said, their are a lot of things about kingwood park that just don't add up to a likely victory.  Statistically speaking, they have a chance to squeak out a close one.

Key's to Victory:

Dayton- Keep the ball off the turf.  You can't expect to win when in the 2nd round when you are letting the turf monster gobble up your possessions. If you don't allow Kingwood Park to take advantage of your turnovers, you will be fine.

Kingwood Park- Create Turnovers on a Turnover prone offense.  Play a strong 3rd Quarter.  Statistically, KP has horrendous 3rd quarters.  If you can avoid the collapse in the 3rd, and create, recover, and take advantage of any turnover that comes your way.  You will win a close one.

i still say Dayton 28-21.

uote]

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="912842" timestamp="1290174207"]
With an exception of the first 3 games Dayton has not really turned the ball over very much at all so KP better not hope on that one. 
[/quote]

Ive looked at the stats.  Dayton has fumbled at least once and lost it, in every game leading up to this one.  Certainly Dayton hasn't been putting it on the turf as often as they were after lets say the Galena Park game, but as the level of competition decreased...so did the number of turnovers.

IMHO, Kingwood park has a better defense then Livingston.  we will have to see.  I see the Broncos coming out of this one, but i def. see the possibility of an "Upset"

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="912842" timestamp="1290174207"]
With an exception of the first 3 games Dayton has not really turned the ball over very much at all so KP better not hope on that one.  
[/quote]

Dayton turns the ball over twice as much as we did this year, (regular season) and saw where that got us...  I think Dayton puts those problems behind them, atleast for this game.

[quote name="dayton" post="912870" timestamp="1290176355"]
http://www.hcnonline.com/kingwood/sports/article_ead53ca8-20c6-52f3-87d6-a94d439ae3b0.html
[/quote] Good article. I believe that Dayton has regained their focus after the game last week. Dayton is very well disciplined, and will be ready come tomorrow.

[quote name="liltex" post="911252" timestamp="1289995675"]
Guys I will not be able to attend this game,keep my family in your prayers I was w/my mother when she passed yesterday.Sat will be the hardest day of my life.Go Broncos I'm w/you in spirit :'( :)
[/quote]

[color=purple][size=12pt][font=Comic Sans MS]i am truly sorry to hear that.  i'll keep you guys in my prayers.  [/font] [/size] [/color]

[quote name="NaturalBeauty80" post="912894" timestamp="1290178460"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=76085.msg911252#msg911252 date=1289995675]
Guys I will not be able to attend this game,keep my family in your prayers I was w/my mother when she passed yesterday.Sat will be the hardest day of my life.Go Broncos I'm w/you in spirit :'( :)
[/quote]

[color=purple][size=12pt][font=Comic Sans MS]i am truly sorry to hear that.  i'll keep you guys in my prayers.  [/font] [/size] [/color]
[/quote]

Keeping you in my prayers, as well. 

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="912598" timestamp="1290132244"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=76085.msg912594#msg912594 date=1290131957]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Wow the "OMG/Luv" guy showed back up.. Now he is talking about "whine" and "sheep salad".  Is that anything like a chicken salad or a taco salad?  Please explain.

I sincerely hope that turnovers are not a big factor in this game for either team. I hate all the looking back saying what if....  I'd rather beat or get beaten by good old hardnosed football.

I believe KP could be successful against the Broncos by spreading the field and utilizing the short to medium range passing game, mixed in with some draws, shuttle passes, etc. to their capable running back. If they line up and try to pound it up the middle or off tackle, that would be playing to Dayton's strength. IMO

Since I haven't seen KP yet, it's hard to say what the Broncos need to do to be successful against the Panthers. The obvious is hang on to the rock. Beyond that, I would say whatever it takes to sustain drives and move the chains. I hope the broncos don't fall into the run, run, then 3rd & 7 pass attempt. That's not the game they play best. Hopefully we can run the ball against this team, which would open the passing lanes a bit.

I would like to see if they can get Baldwin some more touches this game, and see if just maybe he can get outside and use his speed against this team. I have it all envisioned in my mind how this game should go. Problem is, it never quite works that way for me.  ;D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="913043" timestamp="1290190804"]
I sincerely hope that turnovers are not a big factor in this game for either team. I hate all the looking back saying what if....  I'd rather beat or get beaten by good old hardnosed football.

I believe KP could be successful against the Broncos by spreading the field and utilizing the short to medium range passing game, mixed in with some draws, shuttle passes, etc. to their capable running back. If they line up and try to pound it up the middle or off tackle, that would be playing to Dayton's strength. IMO

Since I haven't seen KP yet, it's hard to say what the Broncos need to do to be successful against the Panthers. The obvious is hang on to the rock. Beyond that, I would say whatever it takes to sustain drives and move the chains. I hope the broncos don't fall into the run, run, then 3rd & 7 pass attempt. That's not the game they play best. Hopefully we can run the ball against this team, which would open the passing lanes a bit.

I would like to see if they can get Baldwin some more touches this game, and see if just maybe he can get outside and use his speed against this team. I have it all envisioned in my mind how this game should go. Problem is, it never quite works that way for me.  ;D
[/quote]

Kingwood park doesn't generally utlize the mid range passes as often as you would think.  They like to take a shot at some lower compeltition higher reward passes.  It will not be unusal to see them trying to throw down the field some.  I honestly think they have the athletes to run with dayton, but their offensive game plan is a little niave.  They were lucky Brenham turned the ball over six times, because Kingwood park could of easily lost 21-0. 

If broncos play a mistake free game, they have a good shot at putting it away by 3rd quarter.  this should be a hard fought battle.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder