Dayton vs. Kingwood Park "Round 2"

Guest cheese

Same here. All I can remember is that if we hadn't fumbled, we may have needed 1 more first down or a good punt and a little D and we would have sealed it. I try to forget the bad stuff too. It would have been nice to play Tivy again. Although I didn't mind not having to deal with that Tivy74 guy or whatever his screen name was. He was a piece of work!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="910282" timestamp="1289875747"]
Same here. All I can remember is that if we hadn't fumbled, we may have needed 1 more first down or a good punt and a little D and we would have sealed it. I try to forget the bad stuff too. It would have been nice to play Tivy again. Although I didn't mind not having to deal with that Tivy74 guy or whatever his screen name was. He was a piece of work!
[/quote]

I still think that was Tyrone pirating a screen name to get us all worked up. 

[quote name="rollinac" post="910293" timestamp="1289875970"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76085.msg910282#msg910282 date=1289875747]
[/quote]

I still think that was Tyrone pirating a screen name to get us all worked up.  
[/quote]
:D :D Yea maybe I guess. But judging from the extraordinary amount of nastiness and racial overtones from that guy, I would guess BH89-2.  ;D ;D Note the two cheesy grins which means thats a joke, to steal a page from his playbook.

Don't jump on me as a Hater. look to my reasoning.

I going to pick KP by 1 so basically think im picking any score.

Reasoning is this... whats the MOST dangerous team in the playoffs? A CONFIDENT ONE.

WHO IS MORE CONFIDENT THEN KP right now. they could have easily folded muiltiple times to Brenham and didn't.

also you look at the Dayton/Brenham efforts from last week and theirs 1 difference... Dayton made the plays to win the game and Brenham didn't i partially think this is because Dayton has a better offense.
BUT! KP has a VERY good offense. and a decent defense.

i think that Daytons D has thier first major test of the year and gives up 30. (I know how unbelievable) and i think they get 4 TDS but lose a really close one.

However i hope Dayton wins. 19-4a needs to keep our reputation up.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="910300" timestamp="1289876317"]

Reasoning is this... whats the MOST dangerous team in the playoffs? A CONFIDENT ONE.

WHO IS MORE CONFIDENT THEN KP right now. they could have easily folded muiltiple times to Brenham and didn't.

also you look at the Dayton/Brenham efforts from last week and theirs 1 difference... Dayton made the plays to win the game and Brenham didn't i partially think this is because Dayton has a better offense.

[b]i think that Daytons D has thier first major test of the year and gives up 30. (I know how unbelievable)[/b] and i think they get 4 TDS but lose a really close one.

[/quote]
Gotta COMPLETELY disagree with you there.  Since Elkins is now the local HS for me I've caught 4 of their games this year(neat how these big school districts play some games on Saturdays).  They were far and away the most talented offense Dayton played this year and held them to 8.  I think part of it was a bad night for them but I don't think anyone else held them under 20. 

BUT! KP has a [b]VERY good offense[/b]. and a decent defense.

i think that Daytons D has thier first major test of the year and gives up 30. (I know how unbelievable) and i think they get 4 TDS but lose a really close one.

[/quote]

I don't consider you a hater.

I don't doubt that KP has a good offense but 150 yds of total offense is not very good. They did what they needed to in order to win, but...... I guess when you're getting the ball on the 7 yd line, the only offensive production that is important is touchdowns. :-\

[/quote]

scoreboard...

[/quote]
Are u serious Goobtalk ??? KP by 1 ??? This coming from a person who posted 8 times on the CROS / MONT thread and never predicts a score on his so called own team! KP by1 ??? First major test ??? So by admition your saying that nobody in 19-4A tested us. Shall we go back to the DAY / CROS thread a see some of those famous "Goobtalk" quotes? The real "test" is keeping the players hungary knowing you are going to see the likes of 2nd rate teams like CROS ;D Just playin with ya Goob but KP by 1 :D

[/quote]

Kingwood Park beating Brenham this year was like Crosby beating Dayton last year.  The blind squirrel found a nut. Points were scored by KP because Brenham fumbled and gave them a short field. 

With that being said, every playoff team has the potential to win their next game, KP included.  BUT, This Bronco team will be ready to play.  The Broncos are about to take it to another level.  All the hardwork put in by the players, coaches, and support people will pay dividends as the Broncos look to go on ANOTHER deep playoff run.

Looking at the KP vs. Humble box score, seems like the big factor in that game was 2 pick sixes by Humble. First downs and yardage was fairly close. 31 - 3 was the final so the score wasn't that close. What does this mean for our match up? I have no idea. It's 2 o'clock in the morning and I'm just trying to stay awake.

Still patiently waiting for the unleashing of spirals zipping thru the air into Bronco wrs hands.After looking @ comparison stats #8 in 09 w/6 games108/186=58.06=1,415=8 td=4 int  2010-11 games 102/145=1,265=(70.34%)=13 td=4 int  Career tot.2,670 yds @64.21%=21tds=7 ints.Percentages plainly show there's reason to throw the rock more often and throw in a few more of those XB trickarooski's plays from the wildcat >:( ;) 8)

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="910338" timestamp="1289877821"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=76085.msg910300#msg910300 date=1289876317]

[/quote]

scoreboard...
[/quote]

That pretty much sums up ole nut case.  Always yelling at someone.  :o

The 08' defense played a much tougher backfield in the Livingston Lions then what we saw Saturday. Our defense is doing good but it is a different defense than 06'-08'. It's hard to make comparisons from year to year and I know everyone is excited but this is not our best defense in the last 5 years.

Statistics for District Play:
[b]Year      PF      PA[/b]
2006    269      49
2007    252      28
2008    319      71
2009    284      101
2010    353      47

This years defense is good but, when you consider the quality of the opponents in 06'-07' defenses would have held Livingston 2010 to little or nothing.

[quote name="#5 fever" post="910492" timestamp="1289918061"]
In 08 they (livingston) had two big backs that had a big night rushing the ball the big back did nothing the little fast backs and QB did it mostly with trick plays I still say this D is better.
[/quote]

That was exactly my point we weren't well suited in 08' for Livingstons offense but we held them in check. We didn't have an issue with speed in 08' we had very fast secondary it was the size that we struggled with. Don't get me wrong I believe this years defense is good, but if you asked a player who played on that team in 08' and is still playing I would imagine he would agree with me.

True what Bronco 1 said however 06-07-08-09 teams never ever played 3 tuffer pre-dist teams than this years group.But in comparison looking down the playoff road ahead I don't see any Garret Gilbert's/Tyrik (the freak) Rollinson's either standing in our way ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="910512" timestamp="1289919073"]
True what Bronco 1 said however 06-07-08-09 teams never ever played 3 tuffer pre-dist teams than this years group.But in comparison looking down the playoff road ahead I don't see any Garret Gilbert's/Tyrik (the freak) Rollinson's either standing in our way ;)
[/quote]

There is no doubt with the way the first round worked out our chances are much greater for a deep run.

[quote name="bronco1" post="910489" timestamp="1289917508"]
The 08' defense played a much tougher backfield in the Livingston Lions then what we saw Saturday. Our defense is doing good but it is a different defense than 06'-08'. It's hard to make comparisons from year to year and I know everyone is excited but this is not our best defense in the last 5 years.

[b]Year      PF       PA[/b]
2006     269      49
2007     252      28
2008     319      71
2009     284      101
2010     353      47

This years defense is good but, when you consider the quality of the opponents in 06'-07' defenses would have held Livingston 2010 to little or nothing.
[/quote]

Good post about the defense. I'll take the second best in the last 5 years considering those were some salty groups!  ;) The best offense in the last 5 years? Hmmmmm.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="910627" timestamp="1289927907"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=76085.msg910489#msg910489 date=1289917508]

[b]Year      PF       PA[/b]
2006     269      49
2007     252      28
2008     319      71
2009     284      101
2010     353      47

[/quote]

Good post about the defense. I'll take the second best in the last 5 years considering those were some salty groups!  ;) The best offense in the last 5 years? Hmmmmm.
[/quote]

'07 - that D was really good. Hated to go out like we did but LT was on a different planet once they grabbed the momentum.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="910659" timestamp="1289929303"]
[b]"'07 - that D was really good. Hated to go out like we did but LT was on a different planet once they grabbed the momentum."[/b]

No doubt. A great defense and an offense that was really clicking. Definitely got beat by the best in the state that year.
[/quote]

Remember this  ;D my favorite highlight of that game.
[img]http://images.chron.com/photos/2007/12/14/11902882/600xPopupGallery.jpg[/img]

[quote name="bronco1" post="910696" timestamp="1289931224"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76085.msg910659#msg910659 date=1289929303]
[b]"'07 - that D was really good. Hated to go out like we did but LT was on a different planet once they grabbed the momentum."[/b]

No doubt. A great defense and an offense that was really clicking. Definitely got beat by the best in the state that year.
[/quote]

Remember this  ;D my favorite highlight of that game.
[img]http://images.chron.com/photos/2007/12/14/11902882/600xPopupGallery.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Yep,it happent at the begining of the game. I thought i was getting a sack and he got red of it,through a pick to dillon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder