Dayton vs. Kingwood Park "Round 2"

Guest cheese

[quote name="liltex" post="909689" timestamp="1289839957"]
I saw on another site that we were the home team.I likes our chances Broncos by 14 8)
[/quote]

if yall put that puppy on the ground, it will be a long day for the Broncos.  Take care of it, and yall will win by 14.

Just looking at the brenham game, you can see that the major factor was 4 turnovers early.  that and the Brenham offense was not what it was billed to be. Which was unstoppable

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HUM398" post="909704" timestamp="1289840662"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=76130.msg909689#msg909689 date=1289839957]
I saw on another site that we were the home team.I likes our chances Broncos by 14 8)
[/quote]

[b]if yall put that puppy on the ground, it will be a long day for the Broncos. [/b]  Take care of it, and yall will win by 14.

Just looking at the brenham game, you can see that the major factor was 4 turnovers early.  that and the Brenham offense was not what it was billed to be. Which was unstoppable
[/quote]

we know all too well.

turnovers late too right?? KPark outscored them 16-0 in the 4th. One of the fumbles was on the 7 yd line I believe.

HUM... was kpark stripping the ball or was it more Brenham's doing??

[quote name="dayton" post="909717" timestamp="1289840967"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76130.msg909704#msg909704 date=1289840662]
[/quote]

[b]if yall put that puppy on the ground, it will be a long day for the Broncos. [/b]  Take care of it, and yall will win by 14.

[/quote]

we know all too well.

turnovers late too right?? KPark outscored them 16-0 in the 4th. One of the fumbles was on the 7 yd line I believe.

[/quote]

Brenham's doing.  I only say one TRUE forced fumble and the cubs recovered.

The very first one on the kick off was a knukle ball that hit the KR hands funny and bounced out to the Kpark player...the rest were much of the same, just some poor ball handling skills.

[quote name="HUM398" post="909735" timestamp="1289841581"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76130.msg909717#msg909717 date=1289840967]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76130.msg909704#msg909704 date=1289840662]
[/quote]

[/quote]

we know all too well.

[/quote]

Brenham's doing.   I only say one TRUE forced fumble and the cubs recovered.

The very first one on the kick off was a knukle ball that hit the KR hands funny and bounced out to the Kpark player...the rest were much of the same, just some poor ball handling skills.
[/quote]

gotcha

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="909772" timestamp="1289843773"]
Going with Dayton,im hoping last game was just a fluke or atleast a wakeup call.
[/quote]

no fluke. Just puts more emphasis on the need to take advantage of your opportunities. Not being able to capitalize when we were in the red zone (penalties, turnovers, whatever) allowed the game to play out like LIV wanted with time consuming drives, etc.

Dayton goes into this game as a better team than they were before saturday.

Always Believe means more to me than once in awhile as I've heard some say.Remember 2007 when Cody got his leg hurt early and was out for the year and boom Gregory Charles steps in and guides us to the semi's vs.LT.Well here we go again losing JD in gm #9 and boom another star is in the making and playing w/heart soph.Ryan Mc Bride.Take every opportunity given and turn it into a positive as these are the days champions move forward for the ultimate reward for HS Football.Get You Some- Broncos Play w/heart ;)

[i]Always Believe means more to me than once in awhile as I've heard some say.Remember 2007 when Cody got his leg hurt early and was out for the year and boom Gregory Charles steps in and guides us to the semi's vs.LT.Well here we go again losing JD in gm #9 and boom another star is in the making and playing w/heart soph.Ryan Mc Bride.Take every opportunity given and turn it into a positive as these are the days champions move forward for the ultimate reward for HS Football.Get You Some- Broncos Play w/heart [/i]
ALWAYS BELIEVE!
http://dayton.tx.schoolwebpages.com/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=8132&&cms_mode=view

The picture at the bottom of the page was made by my students last year.  Will make another one this Friday.
It is such a great honor to have the opportunity to teach my students not only math, but a much larger lesson in life, that by believing you can succeed.  Videoing the high school kids say ALWAYS BELIEVE after each playoff win and then showing it to my current students impacts them so much.  Of course none of this would be possible with out the Coach Stewart and the amazing men he has as his assistants.  As a father to a high school kid involved in Dayton athletics, I am so glad that these men are having influence on him.  I think I speak for all parents in Dayton ISD, we are truly lucky to have Coach Stewart and his coaches (girls and boys).  They truly affect the school district, both athletically and academically.

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="910127" timestamp="1289868496"]
[quote author=Mike George link=topic=76130.msg909505#msg909505 date=1289828558]
Couldn't believe I couldn't find a thread on this one already.
Sat. 2 pm [b]Woodforest Stadium at The Woodlands[/b]. 95% sure Dayton is Visitors.

[/quote]

Any pics?
[/quote]This is a link to stadium information...
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1151

I'm rolling to the woodlands to watch this one. I'm going to make it a football weekend.

The Broncos survived a weekend of upsets and find themselves in Round 2.  While the Broncos trotted through district they had to be pretty salty to get the win over Livingston.  It's time to start working up to a gallop.  And when December comes, it means that it's time for something very fun to watch....

[b][color=purple][size=14pt][move]    s t a m p e d e    [/move][/size] [/color] [/b]

Take it game by game, one play at a time.

I would not be suprised to witness a blowout (advantage Dayton) in this game. Stewart will have the kids ready to play this week, and that's all there is to it.

Dayton 42
KP  17

How do I know that Dayton will win...
Because...
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs918.snc4/73180_1216452347738_1721730206_401131_364121_n.jpg[/img]

DAYTON BELIEVES IN THE BRONCOS!!!  Made me so mad on Saturday, my students made this sign and it was taped to the railing at the Butch.  After the team came back from shaking hands I was going to get some students to help me take it down and get a picture with the football team behind it, and the ground staff at the stadium already ripped it down and threw it away.  ARRRRRR!!!!  Told my students we would make another one this week.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="910180" timestamp="1289871013"]
Kingwood Park 24-21
[/quote]

Soulja tryin' to come on here and start stuff....

Could possibly be a mental factor in this game as well.  In the last two years this team has beat you 48-12 and 41-0.  A lot of this year's players were on those teams.  It's a new year and a different team but half the battle is KNOWING you can beat the other guys.  In process of looking this up I also realized KP won 2 district games last year and not just 1 as I've been saying.  Thanks to no one for correcting me there.

[quote name="liltex" post="910218" timestamp="1289872642"]
Nah we've been on top of Brenham 7 3/4 qtrs.in the past 2 yrs.I didn't see any kinda of SCARED in the last 50 sec vs.the Lions ;D ;D
[/quote]

Naw man 91 of the last 96 minutes we've played.  Maybe more than that because I remember Herrera fumbled when we were running clock AFTER he'd gotten a first down and I had thought to myself that we'd be able to run the clock out...then he got hit and fumbled :(.  Wasn't it like 2 touchdowns and a safety in the last 4 minutes of the game.  My memory is failing me.

[quote name="rollinac" post="910254" timestamp="1289874687"]

Naw man 91 of the last 96 minutes we've played.  Maybe more than that because I remember Herrera fumbled when we were running clock AFTER he'd gotten a first down and I had thought to myself that we'd be able to run the clock out...then he got hit and fumbled :(.  Wasn't it like 2 touchdowns and a safety in the last 4 minutes of the game.  My memory is failing me.
[/quote]

I've usually got a great memory for stuff like that..... I've let myself forget most of the details of that night though. That one hurt a bit. :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder