Dayton vs. Kingwood Park "Round 2"

Guest cheese

[quote name="HUM398" post="908575" timestamp="1289746269"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=76085.msg908521#msg908521 date=1289725986]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76085.msg908494#msg908494 date=1289716779]
What O does KPark run... can't remember from 08 and 09.
[/quote]

Pro style I formation.
[/quote]

No really.   They run a Spread 70% of the time, they go I only when they are going to run or play action.  They are much improved offensively.  The biggest surprise for me is how improved their defense is over last year...They aren't Dayton, Brenham or Humble good....but they are pretty salty Dunit.
[/quote]
Things have changed then.  My bad then....they "used" to run the pro style I but apparently have now switched to a pseudo-spread.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="#5 fever" post="908832" timestamp="1289763188"]
We have owned kp in the past, but still have to bring our a game think we need to mix it up a little this week get the players that brought us here #5,20 & 9 who got the winning td.
[/quote]

I love how #5 fever thinks #5 should see the ball more. 

I think that we are saving some plays for #5 and #20 and we will see them utilized when it's big play time.  No reason to show everything to those that are scouting the broncos.  Also, McBride needs the touches against fresh playoff caliber defenses if we want to see the Broncos continue with a balanced (and hard to defend/prepare for) offensive attack.

So, what do we know about Kingwood Park other than the fact that they beat Brenham and should not be taken lightly?  Skill positions?  Standout players?  Strengths/Weaknesses?

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="908844" timestamp="1289764077"]
[quote author=#5 fever link=topic=76085.msg908832#msg908832 date=1289763188]
We have owned kp in the past, but still have to bring our a game think we need to mix it up a little this week get the players that brought us here #5,20 & 9 who got the winning td.
[/quote]

I think that we are saving some plays for #5 and #20 and we will see them utilized when it's big play time.  No reason to show everything to those that are scouting the broncos.  Also, McBride needs the touches against fresh playoff caliber defenses if we want to see the Broncos continue with a balanced (and hard to defend/prepare for) offensive attack.

So, what do we know about Kingwood Park other than the fact that they beat Brenham and should not be taken lightly?  Skill positions?  Standout players?  Strengths/Weaknesses?
[/quote]

Definitely can't base anything on the two years we played them in district since they now run a new offense.  The #31 that shows up on all the youtube looks pretty descent but who knows.  They won all of 1 district game in two years and are now in the playoffs.  Whodathunkit.  Obviously they are talented to have beaten Brenham. 

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="908844" timestamp="1289764077"]
[/quote]

I think that we are saving some plays for #5 and #20 and we will see them utilized when it's big play time.  No reason to show everything to those that are scouting the broncos.  Also, McBride needs the touches against fresh playoff caliber defenses if we want to see the Broncos continue with a balanced (and hard to defend/prepare for) offensive attack.

[b]So, what do we know about Kingwood Park other than the fact that they beat Brenham and should not be taken lightly?  Skill positions?  Standout players?  Strengths/Weaknesses? [/b]
[/quote]

Kingwood Park Panthers

Record: 8-3

Offensive Scheme: Spread/ Pro Style set

Note: Have a tendency to utilize multiple offensive sets, expect the majority to be run out of the Spread.  But a Power I and Pistol Formation (Similar to what is run out of Nevada on Power running plays) are seen from time to time.  When in the I or Ace formations, it is generally going to a ISO or Sweep to the outside...or of course play action.   When in the Pistol, it is Zone Read Option...Generally the QB will take it up the middle.   Will also occasionally run two full backs and use #31 Ragan Robichaux as the running back. (Though i tend to believe this is only against weaker opponents.)

Key Players on Offense:

QB- Zach Vorencamp (6'2 175)  Comp %: 54%   Yards: 1385  TD: 14  INT: 10
RB- Chris Smith(5'9 170)           Attempts: 165   Yards: 1346  TD:14   AVERAGE YPC: 8
WR-Collis Brown (6' 175)           Catches: 28    Yards: 445   TD: 4  
WR- Ryan Cooglet (6'3 180)       Catches: 21    Yards: 330  TD: 6
RB/DE Ragan Robichaux (6'1 185)  Attempts: 39  Yards: 320  Average YPC: 8   HIGHLIGHTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL4V98Moy9g&feature=related

Note:  WR Ryan Coogler is a threat in the red zone, is one of Vorencamps go to guys when inside the 20.  Generally favoring him on  a TE Drag on the play action fakes out of the Ace or I Formation.  Rarely does K-park go Spread in the red zone.   Also, Chris smith loves to bounces things outside.  rarely follows full back inside on ISO...Generally tries to run to the edges and hope to make a defender miss.

Defensive Scheme: 33 Stack

Defensive notes:  Are small up front, and occasionally find the need to put 5 on the line.  Will show multiple defense looks, but their base is the 3-3-5.   Have a weak secondary, but they are quick.  Do well against the run, and have good speed throughout the defense.

Key Players:
FS-  Ian Ebow (5'11 175)
DE- Ragan Robichaux (6'1 185)
DB- Cullen Craft (5'11 170)
DB- Eric Burciaga (5'11 190)

Notes: Ebow and Robichaux are hands down their best defensive players.  They entire unit plays well together, they aren't very big but they have a lot of fight in them.  Cullen Craft is also their return man on special teams, has a set of jets.  He is a danger to take bring it back deep.

[quote name="#5 fever" post="908832" timestamp="1289763188"]
[/quote]
This is not the same team we saw a couple years ago. Dont not think that KP is not going to show up. The worst thing you can do is give a team hope in the beginning of the game. (see the LIV game) Got to come out fast and take the fire out of em.

[quote name="HUM398" post="908953" timestamp="1289771523"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=76085.msg908844#msg908844 date=1289764077]
[/quote]

I think that we are saving some plays for #5 and #20 and we will see them utilized when it's big play time.  No reason to show everything to those that are scouting the broncos.  Also, McBride needs the touches against fresh playoff caliber defenses if we want to see the Broncos continue with a balanced (and hard to defend/prepare for) offensive attack.

[b]So, what do we know about Kingwood Park other than the fact that they beat Brenham and should not be taken lightly?  Skill positions?  Standout players?  Strengths/Weaknesses? [/b]
[/quote]

Kingwood Park Panthers

Note: Have a tendency to utilize multiple offensive sets, expect the majority to be run out of the Spread.  But a Power I and Pistol Formation (Similar to what is run out of Nevada on Power running plays) are seen from time to time.  When in the I or Ace formations, it is generally going to a ISO or Sweep to the outside...or of course play action.   When in the Pistol, it is Zone Read Option...Generally the QB will take it up the middle.   Will also occasionally run two full backs and use #31 Ragan Robichaux as the running back. (Though i tend to believe this is only against weaker opponents.)

Key Players on Offense:

RB- Chris Smith(5'9 170)           Attempts: 165   Yards: 1346  TD:14   AVERAGE YPC: 8
RB/DE Ragan Robichaux (6'1 185)  Attempts: 39  Yards: 320  Average YPC: 8   HIGHLIGHTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL4V98Moy9g&feature=related

Note:  WR Ryan Coogler is a threat in the red zone, is one of Vorencamps go to guys when inside the 20.  Generally favoring him on  a TE Drag on the play action fakes out of the Ace or I Formation.  Rarely does K-park go Spread in the red zone.   Also, Chris smith loves to bounces things outside.  rarely follows full back inside on ISO...Generally tries to run to the edges and hope to make a defender miss.

Defensive notes:  Are small up front, and occasionally find the need to put 5 on the line.  Will show multiple defense looks, but their base is the 3-3-5.   Have a weak secondary, but they are quick.  Do well against the run, and have good speed throughout the defense.

Key Players:
FS-  Ian Ebow (5'11 175)

Notes: Ebow and Robichaux are hands down their best defensive players.  They entire unit plays well together, they aren't very big but they have a lot of fight in them.  Cullen Craft is also their return man on special teams, has a set of jets.  He is a danger to take bring it back deep.
[/quote] Is this your personal acquired info or is this from another source / Because if its your own then you you missed your calling to be a scout !

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="908955" timestamp="1289771567"]
Kp has a very good qb I believe he was hurt last year. But from what I have heard the kid has a freakin cannon. Other than that they seem to have pretty balanced O based on the stats.
[/quote]

I think we played against the QB Vorenkamp as a sophomore in '08 and Robicheaux(sp?).

KP has some speed and some good athletes. This should be fun!

[quote name="jayhawk" post="909017" timestamp="1289774689"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76085.msg908953#msg908953 date=1289771523]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=76085.msg908844#msg908844 date=1289764077]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Kingwood Park Panthers

Key Players on Offense:

Key Players:
FS-  Ian Ebow (5'11 175)

[/quote] Is this your personal acquired info or is this from another source / Because if its your own then you you missed your calling to be a scout !
[/quote]

The stats are cross referenced between Chron/Max/and my own personal stats.  This is MY breakdown.

appreciate the compliment.

[quote name="dayton" post="909023" timestamp="1289775007"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=76085.msg908955#msg908955 date=1289771567]
Kp has a very good qb I believe he was hurt last year. But from what I have heard the kid has a freakin cannon. Other than that they seem to have pretty balanced O based on the stats.
[/quote]

I think we played against the QB Vorenkamp as a sophomore in '08 and Robicheaux(sp?).

KP has some speed and some good athletes. This should be fun!
[/quote]

Robicheaux is a 3 year Varsity starter to my knowledge, and Vorenkamp has been on and off the field for two.  From what i gather he has been injured for the first couple years of high school.  The majority of his experience is drawn from the later part of last season.

Vorenkamp has an arm, but his inability to move within the pocket causes him to make some questionable passes.  But if he stands back there, he is generally pretty good.  Most of his INT are from pressure inflicted throws.

id rate him a B- passer. 

Kingwood park is generally incapable of making the deep throw, one of the reasons i gathered from watching some game film of them is that the offensive line isn't able to sustain a pass blocking scheme long enough to allow him to set his feet and let it rip.  Deep throws often lead to broken up balls, or INT's for Vorenkamp.

Never take any team light in the playoffs a reason they got in and watching film on brehnam i was not impressed. Dayton could have beaten teams by 70 also but not our style this should be a good game nothing gets easy from this point on I do believe this is the best dayton D I have seen in the 5yrs i have followed them.

[quote name="#5 fever" post="909119" timestamp="1289778900"]
Never take any team light in the playoffs a reason they got in and watching film on brehnam i was not impressed. Dayton could have beaten teams by 70 also but not our style this should be a good game nothing gets easy from this point on I do believe this is the best dayton D I have seen in the 5yrs i have followed them.
[/quote]
I agree about the D but RIP needs to have his hand on the ground. I think he is a D end and against LIV he would have been more effective on the line. KP is gonna run to the edges and mix it up with the passing game. I look for X to have a pick 6 in this one and the rest of the DBs making plays on the ball. One thing I have heard is the KP QB doesent have any wheels so if you can get pressure in the back field he will be easy to run down. One thing is this is a great offense but we turn it on and off. There isnt any reason with the talent thats on the field the BRONX should score under 40 every night. I have said it over and over again on here the Broncos are a force to be dealt with and hopefully after Sat wake-up call its not gonna be nice for KP ;)

My $0.02, for what it's worth.

KP may have improved their play since we met last, but the key to their win over Brenham was recovering the fumbles....something good teams take advantage of to come out on top.  I hope the Broncos don't go into this game thinking it will be a cakewalk, cause it won't by any means of the word. Any team still playing at this point wants to come up with a win and they will fight to the end to accomplish just that.  Saturday was a very good lesson in "anything can happen on any given day" in football and I hope it caught everyone's attention (not just the Broncos, but all teams) and they took notes. 

With all that said, I think the Broncos can (& will) win this game, but it won't be easy and thinking otherwise is plain foolish. Take it one game at a time, cause next week isn't guaranteed!

GO BRONCOS!!!

[quote name="liltex" post="909390" timestamp="1289792684"]
I don't care who we're playin just put some pts.on the board inside the 30.By golly Carranco is human after he missed his 1st fg of his young career.Go Broncos 8)
[/quote]

couldn't believe it when Carranco missed that. You know that made him mad.

We seemed to change some things up in the red zone this week. Maybe cause we were running it so well....

[quote name="Mike George" post="909505" timestamp="1289828558"]
Couldn't believe I couldn't find a thread on this one already.
Sat. 2 pm Woodforest Stadium at The Woodlands. 95% sure Dayton is Visitors.

[/quote]lol, that's the way Stewart likes it. He loves to wear the visitor whites. i say 44-17 Broncos!!!!!

[quote name="liltex" post="909689" timestamp="1289839957"]
I saw on another site that we were the home team.I likes our chances Broncos by 14 8)
[/quote]

visitors...

http://dayton.tx.schoolwebpages.com/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=8132&&cms_mode=view

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder