**SILSBEE vs. HUFFMAN BROADCAST**/Huffman Advances/Comments

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
Awesome offensive game! Great game to watch. It was my first time at Provost Stadium, and wow what a show. I hated to see either team lose, but factoring in the past two years, I am very glad for Huffman to get this win. If that RB really is a freshman....LOOK OUT for Huffman! Good Luck next week, too. 

Great game Tigers and Falcons. Feel bad for McDaniel, kid should've never been put in that position. Our defensive coaching staff needs a major overhaul if Silsbee ever expects to make noise in the playoffs. Offense has a strong urge to go away from plays that work. Middle of Huffman's defense was wide open all night, but yet we continue to put ourselves in third and longs with the side to side offense and screens that Huffman was obviously sitting on after the first couple of drives. All that said, score 44 points and you should win with a half way competent defense. Happens every year. Oh well off to the hardwood.

Silsbee Offensive line did an great job protecting their Quaterback tonight. Did very well on run plays also.
just a little love to the O line, they never get mentioned much, unless they do something wrong.  
Keep your heads up Tigers, time to start getting ready for next year.  Congrats to Huffman, good luck.      

Great game Tigers!  Congratulations and great game Falcons!  Got tired of watching the Falcons throw the ball downfield and us throwing it from sideline to sideline as well.  We needed to get Lane more involved earlier in the game but had a good offensive gae anyway.  Neither teams defense played well enough to make a deep playoff run.  Hopefully for the Falcons that will improve next week.  Yes Lazeek it is now time for the Tigers to hit the hardwood!!! Can't wait!

Just curious on why silsbee did not throw the deep ball at all to lane in stead of slanting him to the middle they had a mismatch with the smaller huffman defender most of the night lane could of had a much bigger game i mean drop back load one up and throw it lane had pleanty of one on one matchups i saw him catch a few balls but he really could have had a monster game plus he is a big playmaker on offense i could be wrong but i though we did not get him involve enought  untill very late in the game. Some playcalling was questionable. great game tigers

WOW what a game. To bad Silsbee had to lose. Boys you played a great game. Congrats on a good season. Huffman you played a great game and good luck next week. Both teams combined for 92 points and 929 yards of offense. 41 points in the first half and 51 in the second half with Silsbee scoring 30. You kinda new coming into this game that it was going to be a shoot out. Silsbee did what I thought they needed to do and that was run a time consuming offense to keep Huffman's offense on the side lines, to help out there defense. Silsbee did that, keeping the ball for 73 plays. And had time of possion. The two turn overs was to much for Silsbee to over come. In the second half Silsbee came out on fire and had that ole "Eye of the Tiger". A 97 yard kick off return for a TD, then held Huffmen to a three and out and drove down and scored again to take the lead. But Huffman did just enough in the end to get the win. I'm proud of you boys. Go Tigers!!! 

I always feel like I'm posting from an away bench.  ::)

Great game, both sides. That was probably the most energetic I've seen a HS football crowd, to be quite honest... any 1A-5A.

Lamar's stadium is beautiful, as we were approaching it... I asked the kid sitting next to me "what's that flashing on the horizon?" turns out it was the video-scoreboard.  :o

It was a battle of offensive titans, really. many good plays, real exciting. We'll see who wins out of Navasota And Sealy.  ;)

[quote name="bigcat" post="905062" timestamp="1289542017"]
Silsbee Offensive line did an great job protecting their Quaterback tonight. Did very well on run plays also.
just a little love to the O line, they never get mentioned much, unless they do something wrong.  
Keep your heads up Tigers, time to start getting ready for next year.  Congrats to Huffman, good luck.      
[/quote]

Yeah this is kind of the same situation with coaches. They never get mentioned unless they do something wrong!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="paintballove" post="905081" timestamp="1289555002"]
I always feel like I'm posting from an away bench.  ::)

Lamar's stadium is beautiful, as we were approaching it...
[/quote]

You are not alone, I was there pulling for Huffman! I have NOTHING against Silsbee at all -[u]I respect them much![/u]- but given the past two years, I am very happy the Falcons won. Oh yeah, BTW, I knew you would love Lamars Stadium! Its a GREAT venue. Hope many playoff games find their way there.  :)      

[quote name="mstngfan07" post="905020" timestamp="1289536504"]
WO-S will give 21-3A the win at the newly renovated field. great effort tigers and congrats on a good season. keep your head up. nothing to be ashamed about. the game could have went either way. you gave 112 percent. thats all anybody could ask for. congrats
[/quote]

I saw some WOS players show up. Thank you for supporting us!!

Silsbee Has alot of reasons to hold their heads high the best game I have ever watched and I would say that even if we were the one that lost. the Running backs and Rec for Silsbee have alot of Talent, QB straight up hard player thinks quick on His feet.The D was great on both sides
Thank you Silsbee for the best game ever.
GO FALCONS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder