Most Disappointing Season?

The season is not over yet for some of us, but I must admit, I have been a little disappointed as a Brook fan this year.  I thought this would be the year where we could finally compete physically with the big boys.  Maybe we put it together for a deep run, and I still think we can, but the bad losses have me concerned.

[quote name="westend1" post="902046" timestamp="1289261291"]
The season is not over yet for some of us, but I must admit, I have been a little disappointed as a Brook fan this year.  I thought this would be the year where we could finally compete physically with the big boys.   Maybe we put it together for a deep run, and I still think we can, but the bad losses have me concerned.
[/quote]I agree with you 100%. Admittedly, I am harder on our boys than most fans. If you consider the amount of returning starters we had coming back, and the talent on this years team....well, finishing the regular season 7-3 is not what I would consider to be a successful year. Granted, the season is not over yet. But if you look at how stacked R3, D1 is...it doesn't take a genius to see that we cannot yet compete with teams like Katy, Cinco Ranch, North Shore and Pearland on a regular basis. I believe our postseason run this year will be cut shorter than it should have been....or, could have been. I'm not giving up on our team, or our coaches, but to call this season a success, at this point, would be a moot point.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="902106" timestamp="1289265579"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75773.msg902046#msg902046 date=1289261291]
The season is not over yet for some of us, but I must admit, I have been a little disappointed as a Brook fan this year.  I thought this would be the year where we could finally compete physically with the big boys.   Maybe we put it together for a deep run, and I still think we can, but the bad losses have me concerned.
[/quote]I agree with you 100%. Admittedly, I am harder on our boys than most fans. If you consider the amount of returning starters we had coming back, and the talent on this years team....well, finishing the regular season 7-3 is not what I would consider to be a successful year. Granted, the season is not over yet. But if you look at how stacked R3, D1 is...it doesn't take a genius to see that we cannot yet compete with teams like Katy, Cinco Ranch, North Shore and Pearland on a regular basis. I believe our postseason run this year will be cut shorter than it should have been....or, could have been. I'm not giving up on our team, or our coaches, but to call this season a success, at this point, would be a moot point.
[/quote]
ditto

I would think that anyone that doesn't make the playoffs would be very disappointed. I think that the LCM fans probably thought that they had finally turned the corner though after a long playoff drought.

Starting out the first half of the season undefeated and then ending up with Nederland not having to win but only keep it within 11 points to make it to the big dance and still missing out has to be tough. After so many years of coming up dry and looking as it was a fairly sure bet and then missing the playoffs in the last half of the season has to be a hard one.

We folks can certainly understand what LC-M is going through.  The last two years that WO-S was in 20-4A, they went 8-2 each year and yet stayed home as both times the two losses for the season where in key district games which ended up biting the Mustangs.  It certainly does bite to see teams entering with .500 records.

I don't know if you could call it a disappointing season as a lot of teams DREAM of going 7-3. But I will agree that LC-M fans are probably the most disappointed.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="902135" timestamp="1289267509"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75773.msg902132#msg902132 date=1289267426]
All the Baytown ISD schools :o
[/quote]darn shame not one Baytown school made the playoffs

heck did any make it in volleyball??
[/quote]
thats the funny part that all made it volleyball

I felt bad for two teams. Jasper because the have a lot of talent and could not get it together. And Huntington.  It has got to be tough to be them sometimes. At least they get to see a lot of homecommings. Jasper will improve next season for sure and as for Huntington......you did beat a playoff team and things can only get better. Best of luck to both teams next year.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="902135" timestamp="1289267509"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75773.msg902132#msg902132 date=1289267426]
All the Baytown ISD schools :o
[/quote]darn shame not one Baytown school made the playoffs

heck did any make it in volleyball??
[/quote]Yet, you've got a 2-8 team in Tyler Lee that made the playoffs in D2. Whodathunkit? 4 playoff teams per district is too much. It's too watered down. But, I guess it's all part of the UIL's "No team left behind" program. They outta go back to a district champion, and the runner-up are the only two that make it. 2 teams per district, and 1 state Champion. This 2 Champions per classification is plain ridiculous. Off my soap-box now. ;D

Warren Warriors- Not because of the disappointing record but because of the low turnout of players.The kids that played have my utmost respect because they are young and will only get better if they stay with it.The young AD will bring the football program around if some of the kids that are in the stands will get on the field.

LCM for sure. those guys worked hard. i cant believe they didnt make it. best of luck to them next season.
btw im saying and a bunch o' ppl will agree, 204A has to be one of the best districts in Texas. every team in this district could be in a playoff bracket in most other districts.

[quote name="whsalum" post="902268" timestamp="1289275321"]
Warren Warriors- Not because of the disappointing record but because of the low turnout of players.The kids that played have my utmost respect because they are young and will only get better if they stay with it.The young AD will bring the football program around if some of the kids that are in the stands will get on the field.
[/quote]True, but everybody knows Warren is a baseball school, not a football school.

[quote name="bronco#34" post="902373" timestamp="1289312357"]
i would say the crosby cougars .if the district didnt take 4 teams ,they would be at home for the playoffs. c mon man they loss to goose creek memorial 
[/quote]

I think that a lot of teams that didn't make the playoffs would argue that not making it is a lot worse than making the playoffs but didn't rank higher.

I wonder if any of them would trade places with Crosby and still be playing this weekend..........

Guest Two-Dogs...
From a sheer disappointment to themselves standpoint I would have to say LCM. To have such a high powered offense led by the experienced and talented QB they had and such a strong start and then have the second half bring them into reality once the schedule got tough! They had their destiny in their own hands the last game of the season and quite simply were not good enough to put themselves in the big show! 20-4A can really be a bee-otch sometimes!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nilefa
    Newest Member
    nilefa