BC vs. Coldspring Predictions? Fri. 7:30 In Huffman

[quote name="kvillecats9876" post="901893" timestamp="1289252696"]
as far as i'm concerned.. it should be OF in the playoffs not BC..

as for the matchup of kville/BC.. there was a lot of busted plays and for
whatever reason.. teams like BC and OF usually put up numbers even when they
are not having good seasons at all (i.e. KVILLE 49 OF 42 a couple years back)

BC is going to get blasted in this game i think .. sorry ..

but for Coldspring only beating one good team?? Huffman is GOOD .. believe it.
[/quote]

I heard that BC pulled key players since they were not depending on a win against OF. Is that true?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kville68" post="901923" timestamp="1289254171"]
[quote author=kvillecats9876 link=topic=75632.msg901893#msg901893 date=1289252696]
as far as i'm concerned.. it should be OF in the playoffs not BC..

as for the matchup of kville/BC.. there was a lot of busted plays and for
whatever reason.. teams like BC and OF usually put up numbers even when they
are not having good seasons at all (i.e. KVILLE 49 OF 42 a couple years back)

BC is going to get blasted in this game i think .. sorry ..

but for Coldspring only beating one good team?? Huffman is GOOD .. believe it.
[/quote]

they were depending on a win/loss of less than 5 to get in the playoffs.
i believe that OF's last drive ended on an interception? anyways, had they got down the field enough to kick
a field goal, they would be in the number three spot (Orangefield that is)
I heard that BC pulled key players since they were not depending on a win against OF. Is that true?
[/quote]

[quote name="kville68" post="901937" timestamp="1289255190"]
I was not at the game. I have a guy that works for me that said that Menard was pulled. You hear a lot thats why I asked.

Pulling for a BC win but have to bring their A game against Coldspring.
[/quote]
Menard threw an INT with less than a minute left in the game, after that they pulled him because the defense was on the field.  Every starter for BC played because the game and playoff spot was not decided until the very end.

Guest bleed orange
Making the playoffs is no big deal today. Being the district champion is they earned it. Not saying the other playoffs teams did not but the playoff system is watered down. I can see taking two teams but not 3 and 4. What is next 5, why not all? Orangefield was playing the best ball at the end of the season not Bridge City but in reality who cares if BC is going instead of Orangefield. Orangefield would have extented their season by one week and so is Bridge City. The Bridge City fans were chanting "We are In" after the game. It will be short lived and I promise you the BC players would have rathered the "Win" that night. So as far as I am concerned we won and the better team that night was Orangefield. I want to make this clear no poster got on here and disrespected Orangefield from bridge city. Just being "REAL", Coldspring is good plain and simple. No team in our district has a chance against them but WOS and you guys saw what WOS did to the rest of the district. No game was close.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="902034" timestamp="1289260606"]
Making the playoffs is no big deal today. Being the district champion is they earned it. Not saying the other playoffs teams did not but the playoff system is watered down. I can see taking two teams but not 3 and 4. What is next 5, why not all? Orangefield was playing the best ball at the end of the season not Bridge City but in reality who cares if BC is going instead of Orangefield. Orangefield would have extented their season by one week and so is Bridge City. The Bridge City fans were chanting "We are In" after the game. It will be short lived and I promise you the BC players would have rathered the "Win" that night. So as far as I am concerned we won and the better team that night was Orangefield. I want to make this clear no poster got on here and disrespected Orangefield from bridge city. Just being "REAL", Coldspring is good plain and simple. No team in our district has a chance against them but WOS and you guys saw what WOS did to the rest of the district. No game was close.
[/quote]

KV district had only 5 teams.. nobody came within 50.. THATS SAD ..

but even if its one playoff game.. its not just extending the season one game.. the playoff atmosphere
is MUCH more than that. every senior on that OF team would LOVE to get that playoff game.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="kvillecats9876" post="902038" timestamp="1289260833"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75632.msg902034#msg902034 date=1289260606]
[/quote]

but even if its one playoff game.. its not just extending the season one game.. the playoff atmosphere
is MUCH more than that. every senior on that OF team would LOVE to get that playoff game.
[/quote]

I agree with you but being district champions would have meant more. Very proud of this Orangefield team. Nobody expected this Orangefield team to accomplish what they did. The kids showed everone. Got to love it. In my day only one team went. The playoff experience mean't more back then. It was the best against the best in each district every playoff game. Think about this, it is not hard to get up if you are playing a district champion. What good does it do to play a third place team and beat them 50-0. That does not prepare you for the road ahead.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="902034" timestamp="1289260606"]
[/quote]Man You Sound Like A 10 Yr Old. If The Bobcats Would Have Beaten Silsbee They Would be In. It Mite Not Be A Big Deal To You. But Go Ask The Bobcat Team If They Would Like To Be In The Playoffs. I Bet They Would Say Yes. Even If It Is One Game. You Need To Remember that They Or 15,16,And 17 Yr Old Young Man. So Please Quit Crying.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="hunter" post="902360" timestamp="1289311033"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75632.msg902034#msg902034 date=1289260606]
[/quote]Man You Sound Like A 10 Yr Old. If The Bobcats Would Have Beaten Silsbee They Would be In. It Mite Not Be A Big Deal To You. But Go Ask The Bobcat Team If They Would Like To Be In The Playoffs. I Bet They Would Say Yes. Even If It Is One Game. You Need To Remember that They Or 15,16,And 17 Yr Old Young Man. So Please Quit Crying.

[/quote]

No crying here, We won. You missed my point but I guess a five year old would.  I would expect them to say yes. My point is, the PLAYOFF system is watered down.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="hunter" post="902417" timestamp="1289316058"]
Wlling To Bet If The Bobcats would Have Made It You Would Not Have Posted That. ;)
[/quote]

Yes I would have. Because I have always thought the playoff system was watered down just like the all districts picks and I have voiced my opinion on the picks many times. Going to the playoffs would have been the icing on the cake for Orangefield but it did not happen. Still very proud of the Orangefield kids. Bridge City has had a very successful season and I am happy for those kids also. But I will never be happy with second, third or fourth place.
Coldspring 42 Bridge City 14. I predicted that score because I think Coldsprings is better plain and simple. They are better than Orangefield also. I also picked Bridge City to beat Orangefield in the pick'em contest. I love it when they prove me wrong. 

[quote name="bleed orange" post="902408" timestamp="1289315332"]
[quote author=hunter link=topic=75632.msg902360#msg902360 date=1289311033]

[/quote]

No crying here, We won. You missed my point but I guess a five year old would.  I would expect them to say yes. My point is, the PLAYOFF system is watered down.
[/quote]

and how many non-district champs have gone to win State or farther than the team that won 1st in their district?
the playoff system just gives more HS teams a chance to get noticed and more talent to be realized.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="FootballFan96" post="902491" timestamp="1289321584"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75632.msg902408#msg902408 date=1289315332]
[quote author=hunter link=topic=75632.msg902360#msg902360 date=1289311033]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and how many non-district champs have gone to win State or farther than the team that won 1st in their district?
the playoff system just gives more HS teams a chance to get noticed and more talent to be realized.
[/quote]

Like I said in another post, I can see two teams going but not 4 like in 4A-5A. I would say not many. Maybe someone can do some research on that.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="902057" timestamp="1289262013"]
[quote author=kvillecats9876 link=topic=75632.msg902038#msg902038 date=1289260833]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with you but being district champions would have meant more. Very proud of this Orangefield team. Nobody expected this Orangefield team to accomplish what they did. The kids showed everone. Got to love it. In my day only one team went. The playoff experience mean't more back then. It was the best against the best in each district every playoff game. Think about this, it is not hard to get up if you are playing a district champion. What good does it do to play a third place team and beat them 50-0. That does not prepare you for the road ahead.
[/quote]

Bc some districts third place teams are better than others champions. Theres some really tough districts and some winners of district get beat bad by 2nd or 3rd place. If it were still only the top team u would see more fire to start the district race but after u lose say one game u may be completely out. Some districts are extremely competitive in both div I and div II. Some districts can WIN both.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Gabe" post="902523" timestamp="1289324274"]
bleed orange has always stood by this type of remarks regarding the # of playoff teams, even when his own daughters teams were making the playoffs in OF. He has never waivered
[/quote]

Thank you Gabe. I agree it does help out the districts that have a bunch of quality teams in it. But that does not happen very often. This really helps out the west texas teams because some of their districts are small. Every once in a while there is a feel good story about a team who sqeaked in and made it to the state final or even won it but not very often. Most of the time the team that wins state is 15-0 or 14-1, not 2-8. We could debate this all day. I am not going to change my opinion just like some of you are not and that is OK. Lets drop it. This thread is about predicting the score between Coldspring and BC. I am sorry I brought this subject up.  ;D ;D Then again maybe I was trying to stir the pot a little. ;D ;D

There are 5 pages of posts on this thread.... but bottom line is Coldspring is WAY too good for BC.  It's great when they play the game and all the talking can stop.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wew
    Newest Member
    wew