Astros 2011?

Guest jhamilton

Guest jhamilton
Now that I just reamped for season tickets saw this article on the blog. I dont know what they are going to to do with Lee but hopefully Wade has the minors cooking with some talent. just hope that Mr Drayton will let him do his job.
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101029&content_id=15907150&vkey=news_hou&c_id=hou

• 3 weeks later...
Astros are in the rebuilding process.. It will be slow and painful, but they have the brightest future now than they've had in 5-10 years. Fans are going to jump off the band wagon that don't fully support the team, but they are on the way up. The front office has already admitted they may not contend next year unless some miracles happen, but what they're doing is just like the Florida Marlins do so often; rebuild. And it usually works pretty well for Florida. I have faith in Houston, it'll be interested to see how many more people do.

I am not very optimistic at this time with McLane selling the team. A $700-800 million dollar price tag on a team that Forbes values at $453 million keeps me from getting my hopes up too much. I guess we will have to wait and see. I dont see too much good happening while there is a For Sale sign on the franchise.

Manzella cant hit a lick.. I'll take him for now, but we have 2 solid MIF coming up right now that're both 19. So Manzella can either figure out how to hit in the next 3 or 4 years, or I don't think he'll be playing anymore once they arrive.

As for the management, I don't think it really has an effect on the outcome at this level. Sure, it sounds stupid. But coaches aren't the one who gets out on the field and plays.. When you have players who aren't up to par for the big leagues, but are still out there every day.. You can't win. Hence, the Houston Astros.

[quote name="Boomhower" post="917177" timestamp="1290523081"]
Well, they added another utility guy in getting Clint Barmes for Paulino. Seems like they have had a whole roster full of these guys since the 06 season. Still love the stros but just can't watch them as long as lee is still around. [b][s]Plays[/s] [u]acts[/u] to much like Manny.[/b][/quote]

They are moving in a good direction i think.  Good young talent showed by Johnson and Castro.  I correct your statement about Lee, if he hit like Manny would be [i]more[/i] tolerable. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder