Huffman vs. Coldspring Game Thread/Coldspring Wins 29-20

WOSgrad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow soungs like it was a great game. It looks like these 2 teams are a lot closer than people thought. The Huffman D sounds like it came up with some big stops. I was told that the Huffman O problem came from stupid mistakes more than the coldspring D, however I was not at the game so I'm not sure if this was acurate. But great game and congrats coldspring on the district championship good luck in the playoffs. Here we come silsbee.

[quote name="Bigboss" post="891193" timestamp="1288410161"]
Huffman had a scoop and score with two min left. But the runner was called down but yet the runner fell down without the ball, hate too see that happen to a team.
[/quote]
Shepherd know's the feeling.  ;) the shepherd huffman game last year they let huffman retain the ball after it had been stripped a couple times in the game. Its tough but sadly there's nothing we can do :( good game by both teams

[quote name="GoPanthers99" post="891278" timestamp="1288411994"]
I actually attended the game... The guys in stripes were the reason for he Huffman loss...but overall both teams played great and mad props goes out to huffmans defense, they surprise the heck out of a ton f people.
[/quote]

I completely agree i was at the game, there was some calls that should of been made every play against CS and somehow they werent, i saw instances where the stripes would see it and quickly turn there heads away so they wouldnt see it. What really got me hot was the opening kick off how can we kick an onside kick, it not go 10 yards but it get touched by an opposing player on the receiving team and a Huffman player land on the ball and the whistle be blow with the ball in the arms of a Huffman player on top of it and come up to be CS ball? ??? ??? ??? Maybe i'm blind i hope not but everyone around me saw exactly what i saw and wasnt too happy with the call. Other than the stripes it was a GREAT game and for those of you that said it would be CS by a ton of points i guess you didn't really pay attention when you posted those numbers. Congrats CS. Good luck next week. I will be going to watch Silsbee play against HF. Good luck in Play-Offs CS & Huffman. Until next year CS gets another victory over Huffman.

we can play the blame-the-stripes game all day long, (but yes, there were calls that both sides didn't like), but CS simply outplayed Huffman at many points.

Both teams fought real hard, and our guys have no reason to hang their heads after last night.. they played a hellov-a game.

Both will do well in playoffs.  ;)

First great job to both teams.  A few bounces or calls the other way and this game could have been different. 

Now, I was at the game, and have to say I was very surprised.  Huffman showed up to play and made us work for every thing.  We have went this whole year living on the big play and not having to change anything.  We had a team come into our place and seemed to know everything we were doing before we did it.  There were times they had 10 people around the line of scrimmage.  For someone to come on here and say Coldspring outplayed Huffman in many points must of watched a different game than I did.  The defenses were about equal.  We scored on about a 5 yard drive (had to convert a 4th down) and a kick off.  That is 2 TD's we actually scored.  They scored 2 TD's.  It was a very hard fought game and both teams deserve a lot of credit.  Wish they were in the same division for playoffs because I would like to see them play on a netural field.

Great Job to Coach Barbay and his staff for the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP

Great Job to Coach Mac and his staff.  Go represent 22-3A and take care of Silsbee. 

Okay I am going to start out by saying right off the bat YES I am a die hard Huffman fan. But do want it said this was anyones game and the refs sucked but although in alot of cases they stopped momentem with bad calls and made me wonder if these were full time refs or scabs for the strike. In no way were they the only reason we lost. the game was ended and tehre should have been 2min 15 sec on the clock where they were hashing out bad flags and letting the clock run when they do so.The run back the kick off team alowed ended the game.
I wish both Tems good luck in the playoffs but If you were to talk to the CS coach this morning in no way bwe he say CS should have won by more thatn 29 to 20 against a team like "Huffman" as he said this was anyones game and we had in on edge at times.
So when you post thing like "A team like Huffman" next time look at the stats look at the game and use your head instead of your loyalty nif just makes you look like a dum ass

The kickoff run back for Coldspring didnt end the game for Huffman. The 3rd pick the qb threw on the 1 yard line ended the game for Huffman, and it was still up in the air there because of  the way Huffmans D was playing the second half they could have gotten a saftey and got the ball back and scored. There was enough time on the clock to do so.

[quote name="mwm4795" post="891688" timestamp="1288453880"]
I wish both Tems good luck in the playoffs but If you were to talk to the CS coach this morning in no way bwe he say CS should have won by more thatn 29 to 20 against a team like "Huffman" as he said this was anyones game and we had in on edge at times.
So when you post thing like "A team like Huffman" next time look at the stats look at the game and use your head instead of your loyalty nif just makes you look like a dum butt
[/quote]

Please tell me I'm not the only one who enjoys the irony of this post!  :D

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Ulrich von Lichtenstein" post="891834" timestamp="1288465119"]
[quote author=mwm4795 link=topic=75225.msg891688#msg891688 date=1288453880]
So when you post thing like "A team like Huffman" next time look at the stats look at the game and use your head instead of your loyalty nif just makes you look like a dum butt
[/quote]

Please tell me I'm not the only one who enjoys the irony of this post!   :D
[/quote]

Your enjoyment is bc of?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder