Jerry Stewart

Very inappropriate CougTalk. If anything Coach Stewart should be lauded for keeping him both eligible and playing football during his time in Dayton. No doubt that Dugat was given special treatment during his high school years, not necessarily by Coach Stewart alone, but by the entire Dayton ISD and surrounding community. Dugat is human and no one could keep this preferable attention from affecting his psyche. So when he goes to big university where he doesn't have the support system he had in his little hometown, he makes wrong decisions which AJ did. It is part of growing up--just that AJ's growth is documented in the media. Don't hate him or Coach Stewart OR let envy show on your part. He was a special player and they are not always the easiest to handle. But COach STewart in my eyes has always put team first. When I coached with him at CLear Lake, we had a potentially 3 or 4 round team in the spring that was a little void of skill players. We got a move in from Houston Madison who was first team receiver and cornerback, and was in all honor classes. After two weeks, he stole our noseguards Jordans. WHen Coach Stewart found this out, he told the kid that he was sorry, but family don't steal from family and he wouldn't be a part of his team. As a young coach, I was mentally hoping Jerry would give him a second chance- this kid was SPECIAL. Jerry had integrity. We still went 2 rounds that year with character. THis is why players run through brick walls for Coach Stewart. Give him his profs, but don't let the heat of the moment (game with Crosby)blur his integrity. His track record speaks for itself.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preach It, was wondering when a staff member was gonna chime in.In 08 before gm 0 Coach S booted 5 team members off the team for a altercation-2 were 07 all-dist pics-08 Broncos go the finals.Coach Stewart has helped parents w/ kids that parents couldn't get a handle on and turned them around.Pure and simply a passion for building character first.

[quote name="coach bear" post="888644" timestamp="1288179308"]
Very inappropriate CougTalk. If anything Coach Stewart should be lauded for keeping him both eligible and playing football during his time in Dayton. No doubt that Dugat was given special treatment during his high school years, not necessarily by Coach Stewart alone, but by the entire Dayton ISD and surrounding community. Dugat is human and no one could keep this preferable attention from affecting his psyche. So when he goes to big university where he doesn't have the support system he had in his little hometown, he makes wrong decisions which AJ did. It is part of growing up--just that AJ's growth is documented in the media. Don't hate him or Coach Stewart OR let envy show on your part. He was a special player and they are not always the easiest to handle. But COach STewart in my eyes has always put team first. When I coached with him at CLear Lake, we had a potentially 3 or 4 round team in the spring that was a little void of skill players. [size=18pt][b]We got a move in [/b] [/size] from Houston Madison who was first team receiver and cornerback, and was in all honor classes. After two weeks, he stole our noseguards Jordans. WHen Coach Stewart found this out, he told the kid that he was sorry, but family don't steal from family and he wouldn't be a part of his team. As a young coach, I was mentally hoping Jerry would give him a second chance- this kid was SPECIAL. Jerry had integrity. We still went 2 rounds that year with character. THis is why players run through brick walls for Coach Stewart. Give him his profs, but don't let the heat of the moment (game with Crosby)blur his integrity. His track record speaks for itself.
[/quote]

Permian and Odessa got "Move-In" players too.  ;D ;D ;D

Coach Stewart might not have the most wins in the history of high school football, but I can tell you 1 thing he is #1 in the kids eyes who play for him. He teaches you way more than football coach teaches you about life, and how to get through the up and downs in and outs. That's also 1 man who would go to bout for any 1 of his players starters too 3rd string he makes it a family. I'm personally proud to say i'm a better man for playing for Coach Stewart!!!

I luv how 90% of response have to do with football... FYI daytons not without trashing locker rooms. In fact i hear people take shit out of thier visitors locker rooms when dayton comes to town.

Luv how you dismiss your players actions, completely a laud someone as a legend... How many state titles has he won exactly? o yeah 0.

With that said, lets look at recent track records. Last 3 playrs to leave Dayton for D1 Yall had a Qb go to WVU, Cody Green go to Nebraska and AJ go to UH.

Cody Greens never going to see the field unless theirs injury. WVU kid quit and came home, and Aj got kicked out.

Crosby sent one to baylor... hes the Nickelback starting and has a 3.0+ GPA... AT BAYLOR. Merka's Going to TCU, he'll play because hes multidimensional and a good kid.

Funny how it works like that...

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="889209" timestamp="1288226242"]
I luv how 90% of response have to do with football... FYI daytons not without trashing locker rooms. In fact i hear people take censored out of thier visitors locker rooms when dayton comes to town.

Luv how you dismiss your players actions, completely a laud someone as a legend... How many state titles has he won exactly? o yeah 0.

With that said, lets look at recent track records. Last 3 playrs to leave Dayton for D1 Yall had a Qb go to WVU, Cody Green go to Nebraska and AJ go to UH.

Cody Greens never going to see the field unless theirs injury. WVU kid quit and came home, and Aj got kicked out.

Crosby sent one to baylor... hes the Nickelback starting and has a 3.0+ GPA... AT BAYLOR. Merka's Going to TCU, he'll play because hes multidimensional and a good kid.

[/quote]

I hope that all the kids do well and that the lessons they learn in the athletic forum are good ones.  I still like it when Dayton beats Crosby because I'm from Dayton and not Crosby.  Stewart has done a good job getting the most out of the players he has.  He has built a good program. 

I luv how 90% of response have to do with football... FYI daytons not without trashing locker rooms. In fact i hear people take censored out of thier visitors locker rooms when dayton comes to town.

[/quote]
Wow dude. Raggin on the kids now. That's lower than low. Feel good about it?

Cougtalk sorry for talking football on a football board. But since you brought it up let's not pretend Crosby High is a bastion of academic excellence and integrity. Trinity Lang never missed a game against us and I think everybody knows what he was involved in. I can name em off all day but thought I'd only mention Crosby's most esteemed criminal. But I'd rather just talk about the curb stomping that is going to happen on friday.  Cougtalk, just remember to bring your knee pads so you can bow down and call coach stewart daddy.

Silsbee's Jeremy Johnson went to WVU.... good try though.

Cody also has a GPA above 3.0 and the Brooks Berringer Citizenship award to go along.

Also... trying to win a QB spot (2 spots get PT... basically) at a top tier Big XII school compared to winning a CB spot (6-8 spots get PT) at a bottom 1/3 Big XII school are 2 vastly different things. Chance is a great kid from what I can tell, but so is Mr. Green.

Cougtalker -you must really been intimated ! If you can't handle Bronco fan's bragging on their coach and players then take a hike - I thought you were on some sort of sabbatical from posting anyway something about how Crosby stunk it up against GCM . If you have to lower yourself by reverting to demeaning personal phrases about our players and coaches then who really is the looser here !

Guest whoabroncos09
My senior year we didn't have mirrors in the girls locker room because Crosby busted them out after a basketball game. I know AJ personally he is a good person, always there for me when I need him. Yes he got into some trouble at UH but he is working on going back to school. Cougtalk do you feel better now that you dissed them? This is about Coach Stewart, I'm sorry you don't have a coach that the whole town is proud of. Coach Stewart is more than a coach to every single boy that plays for him. Coach would do any and everything for his boys. But if they mess up, he will take care of them properly. Just like somebody mentioned before. When those five players messed up, they were dismissed from the team, or what the coaches and players call it, they were fired. Stewart is a great guy and an awesome coach, congrats to him for 160 wins. It will be 161 on Friday.

[/quote]Ok cougtalk you got merka going to TCU. who else do you have. Darrian Wright (SMU) and Justin Booth (RICE) both are good kids and wil play because they came thru coach stewart's program.

[quote name="broncos92" post="889422" timestamp="1288265088"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75057.msg889209#msg889209 date=1288226242]

[/quote]Ok cougtalk you got merka going to TCU. who else do you have. Darrian Wright (SMU) and Justin Booth (RICE) both are good kids and wil play because they came thru coach stewart's program.
[/quote]I also forgot to mention the best linebacker in the district who is undecided right now but Ripkowski also. I am sure you want forget him come friday night

[quote name="B.M.F." post="889418" timestamp="1288264123"]
I'd love a chance to meet you cougtalk.
[/quote]

Ahhhhh, how sweet.  We're going to have our first SETX Sports hook-up and marriage........ ;D ;D ;D  I can see it now, B.M.F. standing over the shoulder of Cougtalk while Cougtalk mentions how great life is and how wonderful things are.  Cougtalk opens the fridge and pulls out his miller lite.  ;D ;D  Romance.............  :'( :'( :'( Just makes me tear up.....  :'( :'( :'(

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="889264" timestamp="1288229509"]
Cougtalk sorry for talking football on a football board. But since you brought it up let's not pretend Crosby High is a bastion of academic excellence and integrity. Trinity Lang never missed a game against us and I think everybody knows what he was involved in. I can name em off all day but thought I'd only mention Crosby's most esteemed criminal. But I'd rather just talk about the curb stomping that is going to happen on friday.  Cougtalk, just remember to bring your knee pads so you can bow down and call coach stewart daddy.
[/quote]

Thats preflanagan and i won't defend our previous coaching staff they were as bad (in discipline since) as Dayton if not worse.

[quote name="broncos92" post="889422" timestamp="1288265088"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75057.msg889209#msg889209 date=1288226242]

[/quote]

We had a kid go to UTEP and several go to other places including a 4 year starter at La Tech. I can name more as well. nice dismissal of Chance Casey By the way. Regardless your awe of Stewart is hilarious given his actual track record.

Guest Air Bisquit
Sorry Dayton, forgive me to break in on a conversation, but why dont you guys just take Crosby to the wood shed on Friday night and beat them senseless..Maybe knuckleheads like Cougtalk will go back into hibernation.
That guy is obviously jealous of Dayton's success.

[quote name="First Down" post="889456" timestamp="1288269848"]
Sorry Dayton, forgive me to break in on a conversation, but why dont you guys just take Crosby to the wood shed on Friday night and beat them senseless..Maybe knuckleheads like Cougtalk will go back into hibernation.
That guy is obviously jealous of Dayton's success.
[/quote]To remind Cougtalk, less than 35 hours till showtime!!!!!  ;D

[quote name="B.M.F." post="889505" timestamp="1288274788"]
You're a joke cougtalk. And a punk.  I'll be at the game Friday. I'll ask around and see if I can find you. I'd love to hear you spout off in person.
[/quote]

Easy, easy, the Cougs will get theirs on the field, then we'll hear what he's got to say.

Back on topic, Stewart is a great Coach and you can not argue that no matter how much you hate Dayton.

I dont know if Stewart reads any of this or not but if he does, here is what I gotta say..
Come on Coach lets see how many we can score on these punks. Oh, and just for everyone on here posting and supporting the Bronc's, open the game with the oopty-oop on the first play. Lets see a trick play.
In Stewart We Trust

[quote name="Backflipper" post="889641" timestamp="1288285702"]
I dont know if Stewart reads any of this or not but if he does, here is what I gotta say..
Come on Coach lets see how many we can score on these punks. Oh, and just for everyone on here posting and supporting the Bronc's, open the game with the oopty-oop on the first play. Lets see a trick play.
In Stewart We Trust
[/quote] It would be fun to see a trick play every now and then - keep em honest !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder