22-3A All District Picks??

SRP1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="fisherman45" post="886371" timestamp="1287946494"]
#3 darren edwards from liberty could be the MVP he is getting it done both sides of the ball.
[/quote]

Your smoking some heavy stuff.

I have to agree with that Pantha. Believe ALL teams have players that are good enough to make all district. Not just the winning teams. There are individual players from every team in the district that are good and hope that when the coaches are desiding who to choose they keep that in mind.

Whats sad Trojanfan is that they might all make it too. I remember a few years back, Liberty had a cornerback that covered Earl Thomas in the first round of the playoffs..Earl Thomas was thrown to about 8 times that game..didnt catch one pass. That corner played Varsity for 3 years and also played QB his senior year..yet he got honorable mention...I thought that was crazy, until our coach explained how "voting" works at these meetings.

I will go with DeBerry for MVP he is a good QB. Coldspring and Huffman has a bunch of good quality kids, but there are some good ones on the other teams also, will be watching to see if Politics will play a big role in the voting or if it will be the best player gets it.

[quote name="idk" post="888754" timestamp="1288191483"]
I will go with DeBerry for MVP he is a good QB. Coldspring and Huffman has a bunch of good quality kids, but there are some good ones on the other teams also, will be watching to see if Politics will play a big role in the voting or if it will be the best player gets it.
[/quote]

i hate to say it but in all HS sports the "politics" are pretty much making these "honors" somewhat meaningless, there's obviously some good players that get recognition but.......i supposed politics have been around longer than HS sports and probably won't go away anytime soon, and it reflects poorly on the group making the selections even though it's most likely a small percentage of them that screw it up...

Having been in both spots (playoff bound and cellar dweller) in the past few years, let me pose this question.  Should teams that don't make the playoffs be awarded "x" number of spots on first and second team all-district, even if no one on the team could have started anywhere for any of the playoff teams?  Just curious as to your opinion(s).

I obviously wouldn't go that far with it hum-babe. But, I will say that there are usually a few players on the 2-8 3-7 4-6 teams that could have started on the playoff teams..reserving spots though...thats horse shit. Thats like those little league teams up north that dont even keep score. Thats crap. I think the awards should go to the best players. Weither they play on the best teams or not.

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="889029" timestamp="1288212052"]
I obviously wouldn't go that far with it hum-babe. But, I will say that there are usually a few players on the 2-8 3-7 4-6 teams that could have started on the playoff teams..reserving spots though...thats horse censored. Thats like those little league teams up north that dont even keep score. Thats crap. I think the awards should go to the best players. Weither they play on the best teams or not.
[/quote]

yep i agree with that, noting that it's true that a RB with poor numbers on a 2-8 team might be a beast with the 9-1 teams line blocking for him, but thats just life and part of team play. the other variable is that the coaches can only "judge" based on what they either a.) witness first hand in their game against that particular team, b.) see on film from another game, or c.) see on the stat sheet. they don't see every game. so maybe coaches go based on recommendations from the other coaches about their own players? but quotas? my two cents is that would just be really messed up.

You have to be a GREAT player to be the MVP and not on the dist champs.. They dont give the super bowl mvp to a losing team player do they??
Bottom line is you always have teams that dont win district whining about why this is the way it is.
Anthony Brooks threw for the most yards in the greater houston area his junior year and got second team AD. I thought that was wrong at the time, but in hindsight I believe that Team achievements should go hand and hand with ind. achievements, and he probably got what he deserved.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder