Chronicle Stats

Hawkeye

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="873789" timestamp="1286977134"]
I realize, like everyone else, that the stats are not the most accurate but it's nice to have at least something to go on. But when you can't even look at them....I'm runnin blind here!
[/quote]

Yeah, inconsistant is one thing but they are horrible this year. They must have changed something it is slow and frustrating to navigate this year.

Tried 6 tims to load last weeks games summaries and it still showed 10-2 games.Stats are mediocre as not all are listed.Here's 1 for thought-Herrera in last 6 in 09=108-186=58.06%=1,415=8 tds=4 int  first 6 gms.this yr.63-89=70.79%=848=7 tds=2 int.(3)what I have.We need to throw the rock more lol.

I have been able to navigate them but they are totally useless.  NEVER right or even close to right. Often have the wrong players names for most things.  I live in Houston area and they send guys out to do it and still get horribly wrong numbers. The schedules and scores are about the only thing usefull.

Thanks for the input, but again, I'm not really questioning the accuracy of the content. I was wondering if any other posters are having technical trouble with the Chronicle stat pages. What I mean is, the actual navigation from page to page. Seems to be locking up on me after one page.(only this year) I was wondering if it was me and my computers or is anyone else having the same problem.

I'm corresponding with [url=http://blogs.chron.com/prepsports/][color=red]Sam Khan Jr.[/[/color]url] from the Chronicle trying to get some help on the matter. I'm giving him a link to this thread so now is the time to speak up if you're having trouble.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="874697" timestamp="1287083390"]
Thanks for the input, but again, I'm not really questioning the accuracy of the content. I was wondering if any other posters are having technical trouble with the Chronicle stat pages. What I mean is, the actual navigation from page to page. Seems to be locking up on me after one page.(only this year) I was wondering if it was me and my computers or is anyone else having the same problem.

I'm corresponding with [url=http://blogs.chron.com/prepsports/]Sam Khan Jr.[/url] from the Chronicle trying to get some help on the matter. I'm giving him a link to this thread so now is the time to speak up if you're having trouble.
[/quote]

I've had the same technical problems... I'm thankful for any info that's out there. I know it's a daunting job to manage all that, so I don't necessarily expect 100% accuracy.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="873783" timestamp="1286976723"]
Is anyone else having trouble navigating the Chronicle stat pages this year? I can get to maybe one team's page, then when trying to change pages it locks up. Frustrating as heck!
[/quote]Yes. On Friday night's you can forget it. It gets bogged down, and locks up. Sometimes on Saturday mornings, I can get it to work.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="874796" timestamp="1287092104"]
Some of the teams stats are for only the first game played...None or most all have the wrong name in the wrong place...To put it mildly..A mess..
[/quote]

You're right. It is a mess. It's never been this bad in years past. Not sure what changed there at the paper. The sad thing is, it's one of the few local sources for hs football stats. I mean one that includes all the area teams.

Well, I did what I could. They at least know about it anyway. Sam Khan Jr. has a link to this thread so keep the constructive comments coming. Hopefully they will get the problem(s) fixed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nilefa
    Newest Member
    nilefa