There's a big visitor on the sidelines for LU tonight...

Guest mffl

[quote name="hookem14" post="874298" timestamp="1287021099"]
The 4.3 forty thing kills me every time I see it.
[/quote]

Believe it or not there are very few people who can run that fast. When they say 4.3 forty it could be 4.35, 4.36, 4.37, 4.38, or 4.39. People just mention their best times and yes I believe Hall can run in the 4.3 range. The 100 meter time was at a track meet and he ran a 10.33. That is hard to believe that time by a high school athlete too.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="874620" timestamp="1287075908"]
JJ has 4.4-4.5 speed, not 4.3.

I think most folks do not realize how fast 4.3 really is.

4.3 is Olympic sprinter speed, like Chopper(Ivory Williams) from Central.

I believe Hall is 4.4 speed at best.
[/quote]

You are correct most folks do not realize how fast 4.3 really is. I bet the QB at Michigan Denard Robinson runs a 4.3. Yes, 4.3 is olympic sprinter speed but instead of running track this athletes are playing football.

I remember Cazzy Francis from Orange running a 4.4 and that was back in 1988. Athletes today are bigger, stronger and faster than they were 20 years ago.

If Hall (only) runs a 4.4 that is still fast.

Just to clear the air there are very few people that run that fast.

Chris Johnson who played college football at East Carolina (not a high major university)  ran a 4.24 at the NFL Scouting Combine in February 2008.

[quote name="bigred360" post="873105" timestamp="1286901879"]
That will be a great boost to the RB position. He is 5'10, 210 can run a 4.3 forty and 100 meter in 10.33. So he is really built to be a great RB; short, compact, muscular and fast.

He will be a great addition to the Cardinals football team. Now, just about 4-5 more key recuits and it will go a long way to making Lamar a lot better football team.
[/quote]

Can he even spell LU?

[quote name="hookem14" post="874820" timestamp="1287095586"]
Only a hand full of people in the world can run a LEGIT 4.3.  Not either of these two guys.
[/quote]

Do you know these two guys or their coaches in HS or college?

Biography:
Hall's bio with scout.com back in 2007.

Junior Stats: 513 yards rushing on 50 carries while scoring four touchdowns. Caught 19 passes for 224 yards and 6 touchdowns. [b]Another big-time playmaker in the state of Texas, he is one of the fastest players in the state.  [/b]

I guess he hasn't gotten any stronger or faster since his junior year in HS.  ::)

Again, I agree there are only a very few players who can run a LEGIT 4.3. They don't all play at UT or A&M.

However, the coaches are better with strength and conditioning and most colleges have one or two that is all they do. They know more about fast twitch muscle fibers and how to make athletes faster, stronger and bigger.

[quote name="bigred360" post="875162" timestamp="1287140982"]
[quote author=hookem14 link=topic=74227.msg874820#msg874820 date=1287095586]
Only a hand full of people in the world can run a LEGIT 4.3.  Not either of these two guys.
[/quote]

Biography:

Junior Stats: 513 yards rushing on 50 carries while scoring four touchdowns. Caught 19 passes for 224 yards and 6 touchdowns. [b]Another big-time playmaker in the state of Texas, he is one of the fastest players in the state.  [/b]

I guess he hasn't gotten any stronger or faster since his junior year in HS.  ::)

Again, I agree there are only a very few players who can run a LEGIT 4.3. [b]They don't all play at UT or A&M.[/b]
[/quote]

Especially when they cant qualify... ;)

[quote name="kingkat99" post="875214" timestamp="1287147718"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74227.msg875162#msg875162 date=1287140982]
Only a hand full of people in the world can run a LEGIT 4.3.  Not either of these two guys.
[/quote]

Biography:

Junior Stats: 513 yards rushing on 50 carries while scoring four touchdowns. Caught 19 passes for 224 yards and 6 touchdowns. [b]Another big-time playmaker in the state of Texas, he is one of the fastest players in the state.  [/b]

I guess he hasn't gotten any stronger or faster since his junior year in HS.  ::)

Again, I agree there are only a very few players who can run a LEGIT 4.3. [b]They don't all play at UT or A&M.[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know as I think Darrell Green (Washington Redskins) ran a sub 4.4 at Texas A&I. Was he just not recruited by the major colleges? If you are talking about kids qualifing there are many to talk about. See all the junior college players across the country. Most of them are good enough to play at a 4 yr school but had academic problems.

Sad but it is a problem (academics) throughout America not just with athletes.

[quote name="bigred360" post="875340" timestamp="1287160030"]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=74227.msg875214#msg875214 date=1287147718]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74227.msg875162#msg875162 date=1287140982]
[/quote]

Biography:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know as I think Darrell Green (Washington Redskins) ran a sub 4.4 at Texas A&I. Was he just not recruited by the major colleges? If you are talking about kids qualifing there are many to talk about. See all the junior college players across the country. Most of them are good enough to play at a 4 yr school but had academic problems.

Sad but it is a problem (academics) throughout America not just with athletes.

[/quote]

I dont deny that there are kids who are great athletes but are either too dumb or too lazy to make the grades all over the US, I'm just saying as in the case of Hall he isnt playing at ATM and as I understand it Tulsa either because he is either too dumb or too lazy to make the grade...

[quote]I dont deny that there are kids who are great athletes but are either too dumb or too lazy to make the grades all over the US, I'm just saying as in the case of Hall he isnt playing at ATM and as I understand it Tulsa either because he is either too dumb or too lazy to make the grade...[/quote]

Sounds like you're talking about a certain QB from Auburn that's enrolled at SHSU.

[quote name="coachacola" post="875359" timestamp="1287162111"]
[quote]I dont deny that there are kids who are great athletes but are either too dumb or too lazy to make the grades all over the US, I'm just saying as in the case of Hall he isnt playing at ATM and as I understand it Tulsa either because he is either too dumb or too lazy to make the grade...[/quote]

Sounds like you're talking about a certain QB from Auburn that's enrolled at SHSU.
[/quote]

Yes he falls into that category as well, but to his credit e got his grades up without having to go to a JUCO, and he would more than likely be starting had he not broken his wrist...Im not knocking going after these kinds of players but there is a certain level of risk when you do...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw