There's a big visitor on the sidelines for LU tonight...

Guest mffl

[quote name="Cardinal89" post="871049" timestamp="1286682993"]
[quote author=mffl link=topic=74227.msg870868#msg870868 date=1286674048]
Derrick "frog" Hall is holding up his L tonight. Hope that is a sign of things to come for the Cards.
[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance...who is he?
[/quote]
rb from Bmt Central...A&m signee, then navarro, then tulsa....

He signed with Texas A&M, failed to qualify, went to Navarro, then signed with Tulsa.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/jucojunction/football/recruiting/player-Derrick-Hall-96713

http://tamu.scout.com/a.z?s=187&p=8&c=1&nid=2983323

http://www.tulsahurricane.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hall_derrick00.html

[quote name="bigred360" post="872604" timestamp="1286841726"]
Those are for freshman as I don't see anything about transfer students. I could be wrong but that is what I get from this article. 
[/quote]

many places  admission standards are lower for athletes anyway...I was just posting that cuz i think its good for LU

I think athletes have to meet minimum NCAA academic requirements and then individual schools may have higher standards.  Hopefully Hall can get enrolled somewhere and make the grades, be at Lamar or somewhere else.

I'm really pleasantly surprised that Lamar is raising their admission standards again.  They were really lagging behind a lot of other peer schools but they seem really serious about closing the gap.  The lamar.edu homepage also shows that the capital campaign has surpassed the $70 million mark.  This will help Lamar down the road if they wish to move up to a better conference because academics are also part of the equation.

That will be a great boost to the RB position. He is 5'10, 210 can run a 4.3 forty and 100 meter in 10.33. So he is really built to be a great RB; short, compact, muscular and fast.

He will be a great addition to the Cardinals football team. Now, just about 4-5 more key recuits and it will go a long way to making Lamar a lot better football team.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="872622" timestamp="1286842900"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74227.msg872604#msg872604 date=1286841726]
Those are for freshman as I don't see anything about transfer students. I could be wrong but that is what I get from this article. 
[/quote]

many places  admission standards are lower for athletes anyway...I was just posting that cuz i think its good for LU
[/quote]

It's defnintely a good thing.  And they really should be more strict than these new standards but I think it is a step in the right direction.  I saw on another website that we had an 89% acceptance rate.  That sounds very high...really too high.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami