Evadale vs. Burkeville Game Thread/Evadale Wins/Comments

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="872737" timestamp="1286849731"]
[quote author=Sportz-Fanatic link=topic=74138.msg872565#msg872565 date=1286839316]
[quote author=Benjamin link=topic=74138.msg872086#msg872086 date=1286807763]
all i have to say is evadale started off slow but once they got there momentum going burkeville couldnt stop them yes i will say #6 was a hoss but he wasnt as good as everyone thinks i mean he did get shut down enough to where he couldnt return to the game
[/quote]
Yeah  he was hurt before the game. So dont think the rebels put him out!
[/quote]

He was sure running pretty good during the first half for someone hurt before the game?
[/quote]
Well he didnt practice that week and still did what he did. He was hurt during homecoming.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
What difference does it make if he was hurt before the game or the Rebels put him out? I would hope that the Rebels would not be the type of team to brag about it even if they did. This young man's health is more important that a 1a football game. These forums really make me wonder about people sometimes. Good luck to both teams and my prayer is that NOBODY gets hurt from either side the rest of the year.

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="872993" timestamp="1286893462"]
What difference does it make if he was hurt before the game or the Rebels put him out? [b]I would hope that the Rebels would not be the type of team to brag about it even if they did[/b]. This young man's health is more important that a 1a football game. These forums really make me wonder about people sometimes. Good luck to both teams and my prayer is that NOBODY gets hurt from either side the rest of the year.
[/quote] You are missing the point of playing football. You are trying to hit the other player so hard that he goes to the sideline and dose not come back in. Not dirty or cheep shots ,but good hard hitting is all part of the game. Not to hurt someone  for the rest of the year but just to get them out of the game for now.

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="872993" timestamp="1286893462"]
What difference does it make if he was hurt before the game or the Rebels put him out? I would hope that the Rebels would not be the type of team to brag about it even if they did. This young man's health is more important that a 1a football game. These forums really make me wonder about people sometimes. Good luck to both teams and my prayer is that NOBODY gets hurt from either side the rest of the year.
[/quote] I believe your hopes come true.  The Rebel team plays hard nose football!  The team as a whole doesn't brag about a player getting hurt.  There probably is nut or two at Evadale making goofy comments just as there is in Bville and every other town and city in TEXAS.  Why do you consistently read a post or two from a kid and try to put a blanket of shame on Evadale?  If that's the way you judge a community or a team then use this statement as our measuring stick...[b]We here in Evadale do hope that #6 is not seriously hurt[/b]. We do play hard nose football and plan on ringing your bell if you are not wearing the Rebel uniform.  We are good folks at heart and hunt and fish and go to church like good country folks do.  We mess up sometimes and are sorry when we do.  We do not look at forums like this and draw conclusions concerning anyone other than THE PERSON making the comment.  So please, extend the same to the rest of us.  (The views of this poster do not reflect the views of the Evadale community nor the Evadale Football program)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

[quote name="whambulance" post="873068" timestamp="1286899288"]
[quote author=Burkeville Chronicle link=topic=74138.msg872993#msg872993 date=1286893462]
[/quote] I believe your hopes come true.   The Rebel team plays hard nose football!  The team as a whole doesn't brag about a player getting hurt.  There probably is nut or two at Evadale making goofy comments just as there is in Bville and every other town and city in TEXAS.  Why do you consistently read a post or two from a kid and try to put a blanket of shame on Evadale?  If that's the way you judge a community or a team then use this statement as our measuring stick...[b]We here in Evadale do hope that #6 is not seriously hurt[/b]. We do play hard nose football and plan on ringing your bell if you are not wearing the Rebel uniform.  We are good folks at heart and hunt and fish and go to church like good country folks do.  We mess up sometimes and are sorry when we do.  We do not look at forums like this and draw conclusions concerning anyone other than THE PERSON making the comment.  So please, extend the same to the rest of us.  (The views of this poster do not reflect the views of the Evadale community nor the Evadale Football program)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
[/quote]Well said ::) ::)

i'm proud of our boys and i know they play smashmouth football
but as long as #6 was in the game it was hard to stop him
my hats off to him but other than that the rebels almost scored at will
i think the rebels will be on top of thier distict for a while yet.

[size=18pt][i][glow=red,2,300][color=blue][b]G  O   R  E  B  E  L  S[/b][/color][/glow][/i][/size]

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="874726" timestamp="1287086275"]
well said JR....I would have loved to see you play at full strength in the second half of that game.
[/quote]

I concur... because from what I saw it took aleast five tacklers to bring #6 down and he was playing at best 50% capacity during the time he actually played... If we would have adjusted and put #66 in more on  our weak side I think the outcome would have been a little different as for as the score is concerned. Meaning the margin may not have been as high.. but thats jmo.

For real! Game is over! It doesn't matter who couldn't stop who, the rebs beat the mustangs 42-12, fair and square! Usually when a defense lets a team score 42 points against them their gonna lose, so IMO the rebs are tooo much for the mustangs to handle, and they proved that in Burkeville last friday.

Come on it is time to put this horse in the barn. Burkeville needs to get ready to play High Island And Evadale needs to get ready to play the rest of the dist. games. Evadale is lossing a ton of Srs this year so maybe Burkeville will play a better game next year but for now its over.

[quote name="Abraham" post="881831" timestamp="1287595280"]
You asked and he just simply told you the absolute truth! Genius.
[/quote]

The absolute truth? There was zero information. But go ahead and defend him. I simply was trying to see what kind of offense Evadale runs (An example would be they run the Spread). Not very hard to answer

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="880425" timestamp="1287490117"]
What kind of offense/defense does evadale run?
[/quote] Thats not a simple Question>>>> They mostly run a one back set with the QB as one of the main runers, but if the Def. walks up the safety to try and stop the run they can spread it out and can throw the ball to a bunch of kids that all can catch and get down the field. Their Def. is mostly 3 4 and play man with the D-Backs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder