Injured player in WOS/HF JV game

[quote name="ford15" post="868921" timestamp="1286571243"]
Someone might have gotten their schools mixed up on the reports of a player being flown to Houston. An H-J player was injured and taken to St. E. He was then flown to Methodist hospital in Houston with a possible fracture of his C-4 vertebrae.
[/quote]

From my latest experience and research, he is in great hands. Prayers for a best possible prognosis and God speed on recovery.

And from what I understand, there wasn't an ambulance at the Bridge City game either. I can promise you that we want the best for our kids, and when I say our kids I mean ALL of them-Hamshire-Fannett, WO-S, Bridge City or whatever. If there is one thing that I learned from Reggies' death, it is that most people from this area came together under the circumstances and didn't care about color, race, social status, etc. but wanted to show their support. Most of our varsity and JV kids stopped me this morning and asked if I had heard how the HF player was doing. I am glad to say that I had a contact in HF that told me about him and I was able to ease their minds. Hopefully the HJ player is OK also.

[quote name="True Blue" post="868942" timestamp="1286572555"]
Sorry call me stupid, but Just how many Kids got hurt last night I am hearing some people talking about a kid from HJ and then I hear some people talking about one from HF. I am lost ???
[/quote]

I am confused too Blue, but I think it is;

H-F player - Bad Concussion
Silsbee player - Leg injury
H-J Player - Vertebrae

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Any way you slice it, it's still tough.

[quote name="Sea Aggie" post="868908" timestamp="1286569934"]
There's something I don't understand and it doesn't have anything to do with WOS, but with the EMS in general. From what I gather there were two ambulances, one on site and one somewhere else. The one on site left before the incident happened on call out, which made the other one come from wherever it was (presumably at the station) to assist the injured player. [b]I don't understand why the ambulance at the game would ever leave. [/b] That ambulance should be there until the last whistle blows, especially with the recent experience WOS has had. Just my opinion. If I am wrong about the situation please correct me.
[/quote]

If there is an emergency call and the "stand by" ambulance at the game is the closest ambulance, the dispatcher will send that unit. That is probably what happened.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="868661" timestamp="1286549136"]
WOW!!!

I thought it was law that you had to have an ambulance on site?
[/quote]

A few years ago, when the coaches son severely broke his leg up in Newton it was at least 30 min. before the ambulance arrived.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder