East Chambers at Newton/38-28 EC Wins/Comments

[quote name="uknowit2" post="863667" timestamp="1285999267"]
Yes   They're now 1-5..."Entire School History My A$$'...I guess now that KVille owns them no one else can be conpetitive with them because almighty KVille owns the rights. You're next, trust me nobody's scared, because the big run of players is coming to an end and you'll be the old KVille that we know and love. 1-9.
[/quote]

Enjoy your victory EC you deserves it, EC beat a good team that is in a kind of dis-array right now..Just put your-self in their place and think how it would be if you lost a big part of your schools football history,There are lots of kids playing football for Newton whose Father played for this same coach Newton just lost...Best of luck to EC on the rest of their season..And Newton hang in there better times will come...JMO

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144
Yes   They're now 1-5..."Entire School History My A$$'...I guess now that KVille owns them no one else can be conpetitive with them because almighty KVille owns the rights. You're next, trust me nobody's scared, because the big run of players is coming to an end and you'll be the old KVille that we know and love. 1-9.
[/quote]

First of all, have you seen the starters for Kirbyville, several young kids playing key roles.  Your right the run of big kids will come to an end one day but it wont be anytime soon. Be glad KV is not in your district, you dont want any of them now or in five years.  When a team that was as bad as kville was in the past and then all of a sudden they start winning a few things happen:  When they first start winning everyone is happy for them and everyone supports them.  After a while then the supporters become over confident and the haters become bitter, jealous, know it all, cry babies!!  I wonder which catagory you fall into?

As for Newton, NO WAY you can say that Newton was not affected by the lose of their Coach and it was just EC being the better team.  I am not trying to take anything away from EC.  EC did what they had to do and that was play their best and got the win.  If this game would have been played two weeks ago then I say Newton by 14.  These kids didnt just lose a coach they lost their biggest role model, they lost their leader, many proably feel like they lost their Father!!!  So have some RESPECT, take your win and move on! 

I think the Newton people were probably hoping for that storybook game.  Winning the first game after losing a wonderful coach.  These are young men playing this game and you never know how they will react.  The important thing is everyone at Newton learns from this experience.  Congrats to EC for the win.  Newton, hold your head up and get ready for the rest of the season, honor the memory of your coach with your effort. 

[/quote] Yeah right. EC would get the business playing Kirbyville along with anybody else in that district. You dont have to be scared to take an butt whooping. By the way Kirbyville have tons of young talent coming up so therefore you better recognize. ::)

Guest ECBucFan
I clearly expected the cynical critics of EC to come out of the woodwork after EC beat Newton, but oddly enough, it has [u]not[/u] been from the Newton posters. They have been complimentary. For some reason a bunch of bitter Kirbyville people are running their mouths on here, and I really don't know why. Why the hatin' on EC? Just get over it, KV, and [i]move on[/i].   

The Buc players, coaches and fans had a tough time traveling to Newton for this game.  We realize and recognize that the Newton community is suffering.  Of course we wanted the win, but many of us would have been just fine with a loss to Newton right now.  Our coaches and players did what they felt Coach Barbay would have expected and that was to show up to play his team, just like had he been there.  It would have been disrespectful to him and to his team to show up with any less than our best.  No one at EC is rubbing in the win as someone suggested earlier.  In fact, it is rather bitter sweet.  No matter what, we will never get the credit for the win as many of you have already made clear.  We can't help the circumstances.  I am proud to be from East Chambers and am proud of the way our players, cheerleaders, drill team and our band represented our community at this game.  The band playing Amazing Grace to honor Coach Barbay was heartfelt.

Our sincerest condolances to the Newton players, coaches, fans and to Coach Barbay's family. 

[quote name="ECBucsMom" post="865380" timestamp="1286164092"]
The Buc players, coaches and fans had a tough time traveling to Newton for this game.  We realize and recognize that the Newton community is suffering.  Of course we wanted the win, but many of us would have been just fine with a loss to Newton right now.  Our coaches and players did what they felt Coach Barbay would have expected and that was to show up to play his team, just like had he been there.  It would have been disrespectful to him and to his team to show up with any less than our best.  No one at EC is rubbing in the win as someone suggested earlier.  In fact, it is rather bitter sweet.  No matter what, we will never get the credit for the win as many of you have already made clear.  We can't help the circumstances.  I am proud to be from East Chambers and am proud of the way our players, cheerleaders, drill team and our band represented our community at this game.  The band playing Amazing Grace to honor Coach Barbay was heartfelt.

Our sincerest condolances to the Newton players, coaches, fans and to Coach Barbay's family. 
[/quote]Now that's about as classy a post as I've ever read on this forum.I tip my cap to you maam.

No excuses, EC forced some turnovers. Newton's problem is NO DEFENSE. Defense has not been there all year. We don't seem to be able to adjust when the other team is running it down our throat. Newton has lost 7 coaches in the last two years. We lost our offensive, defensive, and Head coach alone with three more assistances (hum, sounds like an excuse now).
Hats off to EC, good luck the rest of the year.

[quote name="whsalum" post="865397" timestamp="1286165823"]
[quote author=ECBucsMom link=topic=73806.msg865380#msg865380 date=1286164092]

[/quote]Now that's about as classy a post as I've ever read on this forum.I tip my cap to you maam.
[/quote]

I agree! Very well said and heartfelt. Your absolutely right about what Coach Barbay would expect. Thanks from a long, long time Eagle.

ECBucsMom I also wanted to let you know that MS. Mona Barbay and her daughter Kelly were in attendance at the game and I'm sure very much appreciated the touching playing of Amazing Grace at halftime as well as the large cross formed by your drill team. A class act all the way. Again good luck the rest of the season.

[quote name="ECBucsMom" post="865380" timestamp="1286164092"]

[/quote]

Very well said. I think EC showed class, congrats on the win. I hate that Newton didnt pull it off, but thats football. Good luck with the rest of your season..and Newton hold your head high. It will get better. RIP Barbay!

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="865222" timestamp="1286148880"]
It's nothing new to EC and Newton to win...KVille on the other hand has had a garbage history so in their few good years they're having they've gotta talk big.
[/quote] Garbage history??? Get REAL!!!! We were down in the 90's, what have EC done??? NOTHING! The best team you guys had was when Tremain Thomas was playing and yall were one dimensional then. Get off the thread man.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="865577" timestamp="1286207371"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=73806.msg865222#msg865222 date=1286148880]
It's nothing new to EC and Newton to win...KVille on the other hand has had a garbage history so in their few good years they're having they've gotta talk big.
[/quote] Garbage history??? Get REAL!!!! We were down in the 90's, what have EC done??? NOTHING! The best team you guys had was when Tremain Thomas was playing and yall were one dimensional then. Get off the thread man.
[/quote]

I would first like to say that I have nothing but respect for what Coach Barbay and Newton have done over the years.  When I think about Newton I think Curtis Barbay.  They have in my opinion the greatest football history in SE Texas. This is my opinion. If someone disagrees, oh well.  I was deeply saddened when I heard what happened and want the Newton Family to know that ya'll were on my heart here in Austin, TX.  I really can't believe this trash talk happened on this thread but oh well.

I am a proud Kirbyville Wildcat.  I was born into the Newton-Kirbyville rivalry.  I have a lot of family members that attend/attended both schools.  That's part of the rivalrly.  For instance, K Bennett is my cousin and F Ford is my nephew. 

Anyway, this is correct.  Kirbyville was down in the 90's.  But, when I played and many of these kid's parents played Kirbyville terrorized opponents.  Several of these kids share their fathers names and it brings back memories when I hear them announced (Aaron Breed, Anthony Minter, William Tyler).  Kirbyville and Newton entered the rivalry/district game with both in the top 10 three times and Kirbyville ranked higher twice.  In my four years Kirbyville was 3-1 against Newton.  The lone loss my junior year still stings.  Kirbyville entered the game having given up 6 points in 6 games. We were proclaimed to have the best D in region by a number of TV stations and newspapers.  Newton pounded us 27 - 0.  They ran the ball down our throats. Anyway, the year after I graduated Kirbyville was a respectable 7-3 but the downhill spiral began soon after.

Anyway, sorry for the rant/old man story but the Kirbyville garbage history comment got to me.  And there are many that played before me that would take issue with it as well.

Guest BUCMAN08
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="865624" timestamp="1286213196"]
Wrong place, wrong time for all this.
[/quote]  I AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder