Upset of the Night

liltex

El Campo has a good team year in and year out.  Don't see this as much of an upset.  Angleton is not as great as they get credit for.  They just played very weak teams so far.........like Dayton........ ;D ;D ;D  Just wait till Dayton gets Dayton on the field........woops they did!  ;D ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="856520" timestamp="1285394662"]
El Campo has a good team year in and year out.  Don't see this as much of an upset.  Angleton is not as great as they get credit for.  They just played very weak teams so far.........like Dayton........ ;D ;D ;D  Just wait till Dayton gets Dayton on the field........woops they did!   ;D ;D
[/quote] hmm sucking more them fumes over there on the bump?

Well, let's run it down for you then, first of all I realize none of the fans on the winning side would call it  an upset as I know they expected their team to win, that's what being a teams' fan is all about. But, Game one, Central-Ozen, Ozen was the favorite in this one as most people felt they did a better job against the two 5a's, Central blows them out.....good game Jags. Game two, Vidor-Nederland, did anyone not from Vidor pick the Pirates? They pulled out their belts and put a spankin' on the Dogs, good job Pirates, probably could be called the biggest upset of all. Finally, game three, Livingston-PNG at the Reservation no less, again the Lion faithful I'm sure had confidence in their team, who else in the area gave them this kind of credit? I personally kind of suspected they might could pull it off but to be honest I'd have laid my bet on PNG's tradition, this is the one that might could be discounted, especially if you were to ask someone from Livingston.
Actually the Livingston-PNG game was more what I expected to see out of LCM-Lumberton, two scoring machines with not much defense, I mean who'd have thought listening to everyone talking about LCM's lack of defense that they would shut anyone down, I'm betting no other team makes that mistake now. Those boys put a hurting on Lumberton that's going to be hard to get over. The LCM defense last night could easily become the number one defense in the area and they may very well be the team that ends up on the top of this jumbled heap we call District 20-4a

Guest GORAIDERS
BOTH Lumberton's defense AND offense were horrible Friday night. Geez, don't blame it all on the defense. Defense got scored on (45 points) and offense scored 0. We obviously have some problems! Talked to a player who said "Our team just fell apart, both ways." Leadership needs to be all the time, win or lose. I am counting on those Raiders to make something out of this season! Go Big Blue!

I thought the PNG-Livingston game was a shocker.  Not discounting the Lions, but to come to PNG and win.  Wow  :o.  I think its great livington did so well.  Just didnt know much about them except they where being rumered to be moving districts about a million times before the realignments came out.  Great game Lions.  You proved me wrong.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="857766" timestamp="1285469280"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=73452.msg857750#msg857750 date=1285468901]
Upset of the night,, Central over Ozen..
Well the way people talked about Central, u wud think they wouldent win a game in District
[/quote]I know, right? 
[/quote]Vidor over Nederland damn sure upset me..Hey soulja central over ozen is no upset...Unless the ozen fans had blinders on..Vidor ran alot of miss direction..And we gave the ball up in the redzone 6 times you can't win like that... And I am not the type to bash the coaches but it sure seemed like the coaches gave up late in the 4th on the Nedrerland side lines.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="857744" timestamp="1285468732"]
I wouldnt say that png losing was an upset our defense isnt even worth talking about. We will be lucky to win a game the rest of the way out, It is in the hands of our offense.
[/quote]So one game has got you "We will be lucky to win a game the rest of the way out, It is in the hands of our offense." WOW True fan !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder