As A sign of respect and support for the Garret family and all of WOS

kville

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="852650" timestamp="1285070156"]
It would show respect, not cost anything and would not be hard to do. During the half time shows, have the marching bands make a 112% on the field and play a song in dedication of Reggie.

just a thought...................
[/quote]

WOS band could only do one number at a time!  I can remember when they were big enough to spell out West Orange-Stark on the field, stretching from goal post to goal post.  Now, we can only make the "O". 

Pretty neat idea though!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="w" post="852682" timestamp="1285073454"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=73119.msg852650#msg852650 date=1285070156]
It would show respect, not cost anything and would not be hard to do. During the half time shows, have the marching bands make a 112% on the field and play a song in dedication of Reggie.

just a thought...................
[/quote]

WOS band could only do one number at a time!  I can remember when they were big enough to spell out West Orange-Stark on the field, stretching from goal post to goal post.  Now, we can only make the "O". 

Pretty neat idea though!
[/quote]

Was not just thinking WOS........any band in the area.  I didnt realize WOS band was so small.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="851883" timestamp="1284986951"]
Hey Gas...Any talk about retiring Reggie's number or is this just a gimme.
[/quote]
I hope they do.. We did this Burkeville for BJ Lewis #7, he didn't pass away during a game, but he passed away in a car accident about a month after graduation. In fact his graduation class is planning a balloon release at the homemcoming game this friday, to mark 7 years since his passing and he wore the #7. He was the quarterback that lead us to state in 2001-2002. We are planning to pay tribute to Reggie as well, as I have forwarded some of these ideals to our school adminstrators and they agree whole heartily.. Heartfelt sympathy goes out to the Garrett family.  May God be with you always is my pray.

[quote name="1696dogs" post="851283" timestamp="1284920711"]
As far as Nederland goes I'm going to the booster club meetring tomorrow night to suggest #12 stickers for our boys helmets. And to all NHS fans: let's pull together and all wear 112% on our shirts or bring signs with 112% on it. Pass this along to as many people as you can through text, email, or facebook. Let's show the Garrett family how much Nederland and our community support them. What an awesome idea this topic was!
[/quote]
My daughter came came home yesterday and she said that Nederland HS is selling shirts for the game friday night which will bear some type of dedication to Reggie. I gave her the money this morning to buy shirts and we will proudly wear this shirt in Vidor Friday night.

[quote name="MUSTANG FOREVER" post="853464" timestamp="1285159882"]
[quote author=1696dogs link=topic=73119.msg852827#msg852827 date=1285083904]
Nederlands team will wear #12 on their helmets

[/quote]
Burkeville will be wearing #12 on thier helments,also
[/quote]

Thanks to both Coach Neumann and Coach Harper for this tribute. 

[quote name="mactiger" post="853603" timestamp="1285172166"]
All of the Silsbee Volleyball players wore blue ribbons in their hair last night and senior, co-captain, Katy Adams gave up her #8 jersey and wore #12 in Reggie's honor last night.
[/quote]

Mac, if y'all have a picture of Katy donning the #12 jersey as well as the blue ribbons, I'd certainly like to get a picture of those to put up in the thread of pictures of things folks are doing to salute Reggie's memory.

Thanks to Katy and the Silsbee girls for remembering.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="853608" timestamp="1285172407"]
[quote author=mactiger link=topic=73119.msg853603#msg853603 date=1285172166]
All of the Silsbee Volleyball players wore blue ribbons in their hair last night and senior, co-captain, Katy Adams gave up her #8 jersey and wore #12 in Reggie's honor last night.
[/quote]

Mac, if y'all have a picture of Katy donning the #12 jersey as well as the blue ribbons, I'd certainly like to get a picture of those to put up in the thread of pictures of things folks are doing to salute Reggie's memory.

[/quote]

The people in Southeast Texas continue to amaze me with the support they are showing the Garrett family and the entire Mustang family.

[quote name="td" post="853618" timestamp="1285172866"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=73119.msg853608#msg853608 date=1285172407]
[quote author=mactiger link=topic=73119.msg853603#msg853603 date=1285172166]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The people in Southeast Texas continue to amaze me with the support they are showing the Garrett family and the entire Mustang family.
[/quote]

Thats because we are family!

[quote name="willforever" post="851195" timestamp="1284916114"]
something else...down the road...

maybe some company in Beaumont Area could sponsor making 112% rubbery bracelet,
maybe in WOS blue to represent Reggie's legacy...

money raised go to family or scholarship in his honor....

just a thought...
[/quote]

Has anyone heard if these bracelet's will be made? If so i would really like one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder