DI Recruits

Every year PA Memorial has at least 2 or 3 athletes to sign and go DI, WOS has at least 1 or 2 every year, this year in addition to Earl Thomas and Jacoby Franks there could be a few more, Ozen has at least 3 or more each year but this years numbers may be low with just Ben Wells and Ryan Clark, Durhum may get an offer havent heard anything new, WB hasnt had very many the past few years but this years crew is loaded with Chavis and Coleman heading to Baylor and Chassion going DI.. Central has Williams heading to A&M and probably another DI

Chavis decommited from Baylor

October 23, 2006

Brian Freeman

PowerMizzou.com

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board

Beaumont (TX) native Billy Chavis has just tried to make sure he's doing what he can to help the team. This season, it's meant splitting time between linebacker and strong safety for his Westbrook team. He said that he's finding out how much fun it is to dish out the hit, rather than take it.

Chavis plans on visiting Missouri after the season.

"So far, it's all good," said the 6-foot-4 Chavis. "We're undefeated in our district and 6-1 over all. The games have been going good for me. I think I'm averaging about 11-12 tackles a game. I'm trying to help my team where I can and I've been playing some strong safety and linebacker. I've play every position in high school, kind of wherever they need me. Depending on how big I get and wherever they need me, that's probably where I'll play. I'm really enjoying playing on defense."

Earlier this season, Chavis made a visit out to Arizona. He said he enjoyed the trip, but that the trip would be far from his last.

"I'm working on visits to Iowa, Clemson and Missouri," said Chavis. "They'll all be official visits when ever I get there. I'll probably be taking most of them after the season because I'm tied up with my own season. I wouldn't mind catching a game, but it doesn't look real good right now."

Chavis said that since his de-commitment from Baylor, he has been hearing from several schools, including one that may mean something more to him.

"Recently, I've been talking a lot with Missouri," said Chavis. "It's been nice getting a chance to talk with Gary Pinkel and Matt Eberflus. I've also been talking a lot with my cousin, Tommy Chavis."

Chavis added that the two cousins have talked quite a bit about Missouri, even if one of them is not there.

"He's been telling me about the new facilities and how he likes Missouri," said Chavis. "He's told me to take my time and not rush in to anything. He's been encouraging me to come up to Missouri with him, but he understands I have to take my time."

Chavis went on to add that he has been impressed with Missouri this year, despite not making a game. He also said that his visit there should clear up any questions that he has.

"From watching their season so far, everything seems to be coming together," said Chavis. "The players get along and they've got the great fans. I think the coaching is really good. As far as the little things about them, I'll find that out when I take my visit."

Along with a visit to Missouri, Chavis also plans official visits to Iowa and Clemson. After his de-commitment, where does that shake up his top teams?

"Missouri, Iowa, and Clemson are the top three," said Chavis. "They're all pretty much even for me until I take my visits. After that, I'll have a better idea of who I like."

Chavis said he wanted to take his time the second go-around of recruiting, but that he knows there's a deadline for all of his thinking.

"I don't know when I'll be deciding again," said Chavis. "Signing day is the beginning of February, so I'm sure I'll have my decision no later than that."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami