The Hill is for Real

BHEagle1

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rollinac" post="868859" timestamp="1286563999"]
We've been at the quantity over quality stage for quite a while here....HOWEVA' (Steven A. Smith style) this thread will stay on the board the remainder of the season.
[/quote]lololol yup, "the hill is most definitely for real"  ;D :D ;D :D

Since this has turned into a Dayton vs BH trash talking thread I did some research on my three hour lunch break.

Last year in district 19-4A  Dayton finished ahead of BH in:  Football

BH finished ahead of Dayton in : Basketball Boys & Girls, Track B & G, Tennis (both seasons) B & G, Volleyball,  Softball, Baseball and Cross Country B & G and Golf B & G.

I KNOW this is a Football site and you dont care and it shows with the rest of your programs when you compare them to the Hill

So continue with this thread and lets try to get to 54 pages because this is all the Dayton fans have on BH and if the day ever comes that BH starts beating Dayton in football this site will be a ghost town of Dayton fans like the other sport sites.

Dayton fans continue supporting your football team. 

The Hill is For Real

[quote name="Buddy09" post="868890" timestamp="1286567081"]
Since this has turned into a Dayton vs BH trash talking thread I did some research on my three hour lunch break.

BH finished ahead of Dayton in : Basketball Boys & Girls, Track B & G, Tennis (both seasons) B & G, Volleyball,  Softball, Baseball and Cross Country B & G and Golf B & G.

I KNOW this is a Football site and you dont care and it shows with the rest of your programs when you compare them to the Hill

So continue with this thread and lets try to get to 54 pages because this is all the Dayton fans have on BH and if the day ever comes that BH starts beating Dayton in football this site will be a ghost town of Dayton fans like the other sport sites.

The Hill is For Real
[/quote] the human spirt is amazing and it just goes to show you that if you dig deep enough you can always find that silver lining -- now with a little tear in my eye I can honestly say  the hill is for real -

[size=18pt][b]So continue with this thread and lets try to get to 54 pages [/b] [/size] because this is all the Dayton fans have on BH and if the day ever comes that BH starts beating Dayton in football this site will be a ghost town of Dayton fans like the other sport sites.

The Hill is For Real
[/quote]

GREAT IDEA...I WISH THAT I HAD THOUGHT OF IT.  WE CAN PUSH IT TO 54 AND LET TYRONE AND SMOKING BABY GET IT LOCKED AWAY FOR TAKING IT DOWN TO THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR.

ok ive seen this post on here forever, and i cant ignore it anymore, i started tlkn on this site when i was in high school in 06, BH wasnt a big part of the site, and it was enjoyable to maybe tlk a little smack, or post, and awesome to read, now bh is all over and weve fans have succesfully made an @$$ of themselves and have made the whole town look like jackasses....... good job.... i think im making a new name that doesnt have bh in it

As far as the smack on this thread...
It was started by a BH poster.
Ask any student in Dayton HS of all the smack the BH students were throwing out before the football game, no different than the adults on this site (like father like son).  Even the BH coaches were talking smack before the game.
Leave it to the Dayton Broncos to teach something that Barbers Hill needs a serious lesson in...
HUMILITY!
Humility is taught in the form of Dayton showing Barbers Hill who runs the town when it comes to the one sport that matters.  FOOTBALL.
Pride in your school is great, and the kids from Barbers Hill excel at this (which is a good thing).  But when you start thinking that the world rotates around the Hill, that is when it gets overdone.
As one of my Inspired Phrases states...
WINNING PRODUCES CONFIDENCE AND LOSING PRODUCES CHARACTER.  A TRUE CHAMPION HAS BOTH CONFIDENCE AND CHARACTER.
Everybody hates to lose a contest, but the lessons you learn from a loss may just in fact have more meaning in the long run.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BhGrizzlyAdams" post="868905" timestamp="1286569597"]
ok ive seen this post on here forever, and i cant ignore it anymore, i started tlkn on this site when i was in high school in 06, BH wasnt a big part of the site, and it was enjoyable to maybe tlk a little smack, or post, and awesome to read, now bh is all over and weve fans have succesfully made an @$$ of themselves and have made the whole town look like jackasses....... good job.... i think im making a new name that doesnt have bh in it
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/embarrassed.gif[/img]
You may be embarrassed, but remember "[color=blue][b][size=12pt]The Hill is for Real[/size][/b][/color]"

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="868907" timestamp="1286569847"]
Ask any student in Dayton HS of all the smack the BH students were throwing out before the football game, no different than the adults on this site (like father like son).  Even the BH coaches were talking smack before the game.
Leave it to the Dayton Broncos to teach something that Barbers Hill needs a serious lesson in...
HUMILITY!
Humility is taught in the form of Dayton showing Barbers Hill who runs the town when it comes to the one sport that matters.  FOOTBALL.
Pride in your school is great, and the kids from Barbers Hill excel at this (which is a good thing).  But when you start thinking that the world rotates around the Hill, that is when it gets overdone.
WINNING PRODUCES CONFIDENCE AND LOSING PRODUCES CHARACTER.  A TRUE CHAMPION HAS BOTH CONFIDENCE AND CHARACTER.
Everybody hates to lose a contest, but the lessons you learn from a loss may just in fact have more meaning in the long run.
[/quote]

You are correct at Dayton FOOTBALL is the only sports that matters.  I sure hope you are not a coach or teacher at Dayton and all the non playing football athletes read this. ;)

[quote name="Buddy09" post="868918" timestamp="1286570735"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=72920.msg868907#msg868907 date=1286569847]
Ask any student in Dayton HS of all the smack the BH students were throwing out before the football game, no different than the adults on this site (like father like son).  Even the BH coaches were talking smack before the game.
HUMILITY!
Humility is taught in the form of Dayton showing Barbers Hill who runs the town when it comes to the one sport that matters.  FOOTBALL.
Pride in your school is great, and the kids from Barbers Hill excel at this (which is a good thing).  But when you start thinking that the world rotates around the Hill, that is when it gets overdone.
WINNING PRODUCES CONFIDENCE AND LOSING PRODUCES CHARACTER.  A TRUE CHAMPION HAS BOTH CONFIDENCE AND CHARACTER.
[/quote]

You are correct at Dayton FOOTBALL is the only sports that matters.  I sure hope you are not a coach or teacher at Dayton and all the non playing football athletes read this. ;)

[/quote]

Please continue this argument after football season is complete.  FYI, Dayton Basketball could be a lot better, but the majority of the team is still playing football when district play begins each year.  I know that a lot of teams don't have this problem but it's reality in Dayton.  Can't really comment on the other sports because I don't buy tickets to go and watch them.  Yes, Dayton has room to improve in other sports, but, right now, it's football season.  If you don't like it, you might want to move up north where football isn't quite as popular.

Also, I pull for the hill because it for real.

The Hill is For Real
[/quote]

Awesome....the hill is good in other sports where the parents are the only ones to show up and watch the games.  They've been "Real" for quite a while then I guess.

[quote name="rollinac" post="869077" timestamp="1286581191"]
[quote author=Buddy09 link=topic=72920.msg868890#msg868890 date=1286567081]

The Hill is For Real
[/quote]

Awesome....the hill is good in other sports where the parents are the only ones to show up and watch the games.  They've been "Real" for quite a while then I guess.
[/quote]

I have been to Dayton basketball,baseball,softball and track meets, they draw a pretty good home crowd. 

Must be tough living in Dayton and not and not being in the football " click".  Go and watch some of the other sports they compete well.

The Hill is For Real.

[quote name="rollinac" post="869116" timestamp="1286583479"]
Don't live in Dayton...from there.

There are a lot of parents in town.

It's clique not "click."

The Hill is for Real.

You suck.

[/quote]

Very classy response.

Have you ever been to the BH Field House on a Tuesday or Friday night?  A whole lot of parents there.

The Hill is For Real

[quote name="rollinac" post="869214" timestamp="1286585638"]
Why thank you  ;).

Exactly why would I ever go to the BH fieldhouse for any reason?  I'm sure it's as nice a facility as everything else there.

Eagle Point is nice however.
[/quote]

Because Dayton's teams play there about eight or ten times a year.  Are you at the Dayton football game?

And thank you for comment about the facilities.  ;) 

Good Luck to Dayton's football team hope they win state.