The Hill is for Real

BHEagle1

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b][move][color=blue]THE HILL IS FOR REAL [URL=http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=194038842726585644.jpg][IMG]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3381/194038842726585644.jpg[/img][/URL][url=http://www.lunapic.com/editor]Image Editing Made Easy[/url] [/color][/move][/b]

Ok...this is getting way overboard from both sides.  Pride from student athletes in their program, school, and community is what we hope our kids have.  Pride in our student athletes, our programs that our tax dollars help to sustain, and pride in our communities are some of the hallmarks to our great communities.  Trust me guys and gals, I have had the privilege to live in numerous states and nowhere that I have lived can match what you in Texas have; nothing when it comes to HS athletics and community involvement!  We have Yahoos from both communities - Dayton and BH alike who do get a bit overzealous on these boards and we keep coming back day after day to see what other inane, BS comment was made and by whom.  I watched this thread from the beginning, sort of ebb and flow and I have to tell you that it's on both sides.  Dayton has a great football program and has for the past, what, 12 or 15 years?  Kuddos to Stewart, the administration for the direction, and the Dayton community for it's support.  BH isn't having the best of seasons on the football field of late, but has traditionally been Very successful.  But neither community has the best of anything and probably never will.  As for what's been stated over and over about the Hill riding the coattails of Dayton and being jealous of Dayton's program...uh uh...Never has and Never will...well ok, I'm jealous of your stadium!  As for as the Hill being the best of everything else or the best in everything else, uh uh, never has and never will...pretty darn good, but not the best!  We're two equally proud communities with reasons to be proud with past and present accomplishments and we need to just let it go at that.  Hopefully, this will be  a great rivalry in the future.  In the day that I was at the Hill...we looked at Dayton as a rivalry and we WANTED to beat Dayton, the big brother from the north; but I don't believe they felt the same rivalry with us and why should they have.  I believe up until the Stewart era, it was like 11 wins apiece dating back to the 50's.  Perhaps with growth, comes a dilution of the "old school pride" and it's a sad thing if you want to be nostalgic, but it is what it is.  Yahoos from both will get on here and beat their chest and have a p!@@!n contest because it's entertainment or they need to entertain themselves in that manner because it makes them feel better.  Most on the other hand, don't fall in that category and would prefer that you not say all Hillians or Hillarians or all Broncos or Dayton people.  People, that's just nonsense!  Go Hill, go Dayton, represent 19-4a in all athletic and academic endeavors and lets support our young folk to help them be great, upstanding citizens in their communities now, and in their future and not act like the Yahoos who get their rocks off bashing others on message boards!!!  Good "Lawdy" and I'll get off my soap box now!!!   ;D

[quote name="Eagle82" post="872784" timestamp="1286852100"]
Ok...this is getting way overboard from both sides.  Pride from student athletes in their program, school, and community is what we hope our kids have.  Pride in our student athletes, our programs that our tax dollars help to sustain, and pride in our communities are some of the hallmarks to our great communities.  Trust me guys and gals, I have had the privilege to live in numerous states and nowhere that I have lived can match what you in Texas have; nothing when it comes to HS athletics and community involvement!  We have Yahoos from both communities - Dayton and BH alike who do get a bit overzealous on these boards and we keep coming back day after day to see what other inane, BS comment was made and by whom.  I watched this thread from the beginning, sort of ebb and flow and I have to tell you that it's on both sides.  Dayton has a great football program and has for the past, what, 12 or 15 years?  Kuddos to Stewart, the administration for the direction, and the Dayton community for it's support.  BH isn't having the best of seasons on the football field of late, but has traditionally been Very successful.  But neither community has the best of anything and probably never will.  As for what's been stated over and over about the Hill riding the coattails of Dayton and being jealous of Dayton's program...uh uh...Never has and Never will...well ok, I'm jealous of your stadium!  As for as the Hill being the best of everything else or the best in everything else, uh uh, never has and never will...pretty darn good, but not the best!  We're two equally proud communities with reasons to be proud with past and present accomplishments and we need to just let it go at that.  Hopefully, this will be  a great rivalry in the future.  In the day that I was at the Hill...we looked at Dayton as a rivalry and we WANTED to beat Dayton, the big brother from the north; but I don't believe they felt the same rivalry with us and why should they have.  I believe up until the Stewart era, it was like 11 wins apiece dating back to the 50's.  Perhaps with growth, comes a dilution of the "old school pride" and it's a sad thing if you want to be nostalgic, but it is what it is.   Most on the other hand, don't fall in that category and would prefer that you not say all Hillians or Hillarians or all Broncos or Dayton people.  People, that's just nonsense!  Go Hill, go Dayton, represent 19-4a in all athletic and academic endeavors and lets support our young folk to help them be great, upstanding citizens in their communities now, and in their future and not act like the Yahoos who get their rocks off bashing others on message boards!!!  Good "Lawdy" and I'll get off my soap box now!!!   ;D
[/quote]

Your treatise/post deserves a measured and mature response:

You forget to tell the broncos to tighten up their jocks because big blue is coming to town AND your forget to end it with THIFR.  These are two requirements that can't be overlooked.  As for whether or not it is hillians or hillarians, I kind of prefer bumpies because after that beat down your hill sunk a few feet and became a bump.

Also, it's not a good idea to beat your chest while having a pissing contest.  It's best to do one or the other for obvious reasons.  Man, I really do feel better after entertaining myself in this manner.  Thx.

Oh yeah, the hill is for real.

[quote name="Eagle82" post="872784" timestamp="1286852100"]
Ok...this is getting way overboard from both sides.  Pride from student athletes in their program, school, and community is what we hope our kids have.  Pride in our student athletes, our programs that our tax dollars help to sustain, and pride in our communities are some of the hallmarks to our great communities.  Trust me guys and gals, I have had the privilege to live in numerous states and nowhere that I have lived can match what you in Texas have; nothing when it comes to HS athletics and community involvement!  We have Yahoos from both communities - Dayton and BH alike who do get a bit overzealous on these boards and we keep coming back day after day to see what other inane, BS comment was made and by whom.  I watched this thread from the beginning, sort of ebb and flow and I have to tell you that it's on both sides.  Dayton has a great football program and has for the past, what, 12 or 15 years?  Kuddos to Stewart, the administration for the direction, and the Dayton community for it's support.  BH isn't having the best of seasons on the football field of late, but has traditionally been Very successful.  But neither community has the best of anything and probably never will.  As for what's been stated over and over about the Hill riding the coattails of Dayton and being jealous of Dayton's program...uh uh...Never has and Never will...well ok, I'm jealous of your stadium!  As for as the Hill being the best of everything else or the best in everything else, uh uh, never has and never will...pretty darn good, but not the best!  We're two equally proud communities with reasons to be proud with past and present accomplishments and we need to just let it go at that.  Hopefully, this will be  a great rivalry in the future.  In the day that I was at the Hill...we looked at Dayton as a rivalry and we WANTED to beat Dayton, the big brother from the north; but I don't believe they felt the same rivalry with us and why should they have.  I believe up until the Stewart era, it was like 11 wins apiece dating back to the 50's.  Perhaps with growth, comes a dilution of the "old school pride" and it's a sad thing if you want to be nostalgic, but it is what it is.  Yahoos from both will get on here and beat their chest and have a p!@@!n contest because it's entertainment or they need to entertain themselves in that manner because it makes them feel better.  Most on the other hand, don't fall in that category and would prefer that you not say all Hillians or Hillarians or all Broncos or Dayton people.  People, that's just nonsense!  Go Hill, go Dayton, represent 19-4a in all athletic and academic endeavors and lets support our young folk to help them be great, upstanding citizens in their communities now, and in their future and not act like the Yahoos who get their rocks off bashing others on message boards!!!  Good "Lawdy" and I'll get off my soap box now!!!   ;D
[/quote]

Great post...
The Hill (and Dayton, I must admit) are For Real... :)

But still have to have this go 54 pages...just to show 20-4A who has the most hard-core fans. 

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="872829" timestamp="1286856138"]
[quote author=Eagle82 link=topic=72920.msg872784#msg872784 date=1286852100]
Ok...this is getting way overboard from both sides.  Pride from student athletes in their program, school, and community is what we hope our kids have.  Pride in our student athletes, our programs that our tax dollars help to sustain, and pride in our communities are some of the hallmarks to our great communities.  Trust me guys and gals, I have had the privilege to live in numerous states and nowhere that I have lived can match what you in Texas have; nothing when it comes to HS athletics and community involvement!  We have Yahoos from both communities - Dayton and BH alike who do get a bit overzealous on these boards and we keep coming back day after day to see what other inane, BS comment was made and by whom.  I watched this thread from the beginning, sort of ebb and flow and I have to tell you that it's on both sides.  Dayton has a great football program and has for the past, what, 12 or 15 years?  Kuddos to Stewart, the administration for the direction, and the Dayton community for it's support.  BH isn't having the best of seasons on the football field of late, but has traditionally been Very successful.  But neither community has the best of anything and probably never will.  As for what's been stated over and over about the Hill riding the coattails of Dayton and being jealous of Dayton's program...uh uh...Never has and Never will...well ok, I'm jealous of your stadium!  As for as the Hill being the best of everything else or the best in everything else, uh uh, never has and never will...pretty darn good, but not the best!  We're two equally proud communities with reasons to be proud with past and present accomplishments and we need to just let it go at that.  Hopefully, this will be  a great rivalry in the future.  In the day that I was at the Hill...we looked at Dayton as a rivalry and we WANTED to beat Dayton, the big brother from the north; but I don't believe they felt the same rivalry with us and why should they have.  I believe up until the Stewart era, it was like 11 wins apiece dating back to the 50's.  Perhaps with growth, comes a dilution of the "old school pride" and it's a sad thing if you want to be nostalgic, but it is what it is.   Most on the other hand, don't fall in that category and would prefer that you not say all Hillians or Hillarians or all Broncos or Dayton people.  People, that's just nonsense!  Go Hill, go Dayton, represent 19-4a in all athletic and academic endeavors and lets support our young folk to help them be great, upstanding citizens in their communities now, and in their future and not act like the Yahoos who get their rocks off bashing others on message boards!!!  Good "Lawdy" and I'll get off my soap box now!!!   ;D
[/quote]

You forget to tell the broncos to tighten up their jocks because big blue is coming to town AND your forget to end it with THIFR.  These are two requirements that can't be overlooked.  As for whether or not it is hillians or hillarians, I kind of prefer bumpies because after that beat down your hill sunk a few feet and became a bump.

Also, it's not a good idea to beat your chest while having a pissing contest.  It's best to do one or the other for obvious reasons.  Man, I really do feel better after entertaining myself in this manner.  Thx.

[/quote]

Maybe he's got a point but we're not at 54 pages yet.  The good thing is that it's 4 a.m. in Wichita KS and the employees of the state capital now know that the Hill is for Real.  Yes they really do....they greet each other with it in the hallways now.

[quote name="rollinac" post="872900" timestamp="1286874100"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg872829#msg872829 date=1286856138]
[quote author=Eagle82 link=topic=72920.msg872784#msg872784 date=1286852100]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe he's got a point but we're not at 54 pages yet.  The good thing is that it's 4 a.m. in Wichita KS and the employees of the state capital now know that the Hill is for Real.  Yes they really do....they greet each other with it in the hallways now.
[/quote]Hey Rollinac, you do know HiWay 54 runs right through the middle of Wichita KS and if your talking about KS state capital its Topeaka.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="872881" timestamp="1286860144"]
Sorry Buddy...it was just too good an idea.  BH repaints its buses!
[img]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l558/mevans00/CopyofSchoolbus.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I like it!  Hopefully it will catch on.

The Hill is For Real

HillGuy, I saw the BH girls BB schedule....looks like they are playing some good 5A schools early.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="872883" timestamp="1286860254"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=72920.msg872881#msg872881 date=1286860144]
[img]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l558/mevans00/CopyofSchoolbus.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

LMAO
[/quote]yup, that tells it all, "THE HILL IS DEFINITELY FOR REAL" LOL  :D :D :D

[quote name="Buddy09" post="872915" timestamp="1286883076"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=72920.msg872881#msg872881 date=1286860144]
Sorry Buddy...it was just too good an idea.  BH repaints its buses!
[/quote]

I like it!  Hopefully it will catch on.

The Hill is For Real

HillGuy, I saw the BH girls BB schedule....looks like they are playing some good 5A schools early.
[/quote]

Some really good 5A's...probably take some lumps before going into district.  But "Its not how you start, its how you finish"...I think Moses or somebody said that.

THE HILL IS FOR REAL @ 9:38 A.M. Central Time on 10-12-2010 :-*
[move][URL=http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=194038842726585644.jpg][IMG]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3381/194038842726585644.jpg[/img][/URL][url=http://www.lunapic.com/editor]Image Editing Made Easy[/url][/move]

[quote name="bronco1" post="873018" timestamp="1286895267"]
[quote author=FOOTBALLFEVER99 link=topic=72920.msg872984#msg872984 date=1286892797]
Actually being "real" is having a very nice home on a slab instead of wheels....C'mon now laugh!..
[/quote]

I know thats why I removed my axles and dropped that baby on a slap.  ;D
[/quote]yup, lol :D :D

[quote name="octfeb" post="873003" timestamp="1286894355"]
[move][URL=http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=194038842726585644.jpg][IMG]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3381/194038842726585644.jpg[/img][/URL][url=http://www.lunapic.com/editor]Image Editing Made Easy[/url][/move]
[/quote]

Nice picture.  Is BH runner actually on the five yard line?

[quote name="Buddy09" post="873026" timestamp="1286895938"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=72920.msg873003#msg873003 date=1286894355]
[/quote]

Nice picture.   Is BH runner actually on the five yard line?
[/quote] Thanks uh huh... I think there was a fumble involved here.

[quote name="octfeb" post="873039" timestamp="1286896543"]
[quote author=Buddy09 link=topic=72920.msg873026#msg873026 date=1286895938]
[/quote]

Nice picture.   Is BH runner actually on the five yard line?
[/quote]

Maybe a kick off return gone wrong. :o

THIFR

[quote name="bronco1" post="873045" timestamp="1286896739"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=72920.msg873039#msg873039 date=1286896543]
[quote author=Buddy09 link=topic=72920.msg873026#msg873026 date=1286895938]
[/quote]

Nice picture.  Is BH runner actually on the five yard line?

[/quote]

Maybe a kick off return gone wrong. :o

THIFR
[/quote]

OK fans page forty-four only ten more to go.  ;D

The Hill is for Real