* * * THE # 2 KATY TIGERS vs THE # 6 WEST BROOK BRUINS * * * ..9/18/2010...

SgtRey

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JV and Freshmen?  So what!!  I think WB's JV and Freshmen lost to Ozen and Central.  They almost always do.

WB will have to be as disciplined in execution as Katy to stay in this game.  Injuries on WB will hurt their chances, but this game can do nothing but help the program and the players, win or lose.  

[quote name="KTREDD" post="849044" timestamp="1284725226"]
Combined scores between katy and wb frosh-jv...128-14...  ;D

[/quote]He's just trying to say that Katys defense is stingy in allowing points. So if that's what are underclassmen did last night our varsity team will do the same. Katy plays at another level of football and some teams just don't understand that.

[quote name="Westside" post="849022" timestamp="1284701570"]
Well just got back from the sophomore/JV Katy/WB game.  WB got spanked by all the Katy Teams!!  We won big on all games. The only reason WB scored 6 points was because we had our 3rd stringers in there and it happen in the 4th quarter. If all our teams scored that BIG what do you think our varsity team with all the best players will do? Look up the scores son we took out baby bear and momma bear. Saturday it's on to poppa bear. It's coming WB you wanted it you got it. Saturday is time to handle our business as usual. SGT Reyes you know it's just smack talk all in fun but I will be there early with my family and I look forward to meeting you. I for one am also Mexican so you won't be the only one there. I'm bringing the Bruin Burgers to grill at the tailgate. ;D
[/quote]Bring it on DONKEY KONG!....ALL OF OUR UNDERCLASS MAN LOST TO OZEN TOO!....and we all know what happened on Varsity.... 8)

And u think we are going to let up on Saturday...dont you hear that noise, I can hear your heart beating, talking all that trash ;D

[table][tr][td][/table][quote name="SgtRey" post="849061" timestamp="1284727679"]
[quote author=Westside link=topic=72886.msg849022#msg849022 date=1284701570]
Well just got back from the sophomore/JV Katy/WB game.  WB got spanked by all the Katy Teams!!  We won big on all games. The only reason WB scored 6 points was because we had our 3rd stringers in there and it happen in the 4th quarter. If all our teams scored that BIG what do you think our varsity team with all the best players will do? Look up the scores son we took out baby bear and momma bear. Saturday it's on to poppa bear. It's coming WB you wanted it you got it. Saturday is time to handle our business as usual. SGT Reyes you know it's just smack talk all in fun but I will be there early with my family and I look forward to meeting you. I for one am also Mexican so you won't be the only one there. I'm bringing the Bruin Burgers to grill at the tailgate. ;D
[/quote]Bring it on DONKEY KONG!....ALL OF OUR UNDERCLASS MAN LOST TO OZEN TOO!....and we all know what happened on Varsity.... 8)
[/quote]

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="849133" timestamp="1284735814"]
You guys are getting me pumped up (and a little hungry). Can't wait to broadcast this game!!!

Also, looking forward to making the rounds in the tailgate party!
[/quote]

I wish it wasn't sold out...  I wanna see this one, plus I wanna check out the Butch and the tailgating.  Good luck to both teams, and drive safely.

[quote name="Westside" post="849022" timestamp="1284701570"]
Well just got back from the sophomore/JV Katy/WB game.  WB got spanked by all the Katy Teams!!  We won big on all games. The only reason WB scored 6 points was because we had our 3rd stringers in there and it happen in the 4th quarter. If all our teams scored that BIG what do you think our varsity team with all the best players will do? Look up the scores son we took out baby bear and momma bear. Saturday it's on to poppa bear. It's coming WB you wanted it you got it. Saturday is time to handle our business as usual. SGT Reyes you know it's just smack talk all in fun but I will be there early with my family and I look forward to meeting you. I for one am also Mexican so you won't be the only one there. I'm bringing the Bruin Burgers to grill at the tailgate. ;D
[/quote]

The Freshman (Red) was not what the score showed by far. As a matter of fact, one Katy DAd came by and said you guys have a good team. Very nice, but not patronizing, because we do. We struggled at QB a bit, but field position, and maybe if parents were coaches, but aren't, we would have made a few other decisions on game plan. We love the boys and the coaaches. Our team, IMO was more athlectic, but the Gameplan may not have played to our strengths. I enjoyed it! Just a step above middle school. Doesn't weigh very much in big pic. Good job Katy and WB. IMO future at this level, we are bigger and stronger and more atheletic (except for that RB they have_BEAST) looking ahead. Notable comment: Katy had (two teams) totaling close to 140 kids we counted best we could. Unbelievable numbers. If numbers are the barometer, We are David and they are Goliath! BUT I read the story...Did you?
SOmebody BRING A CAMERA so all of us that are washed up (DADS) can take RED and BLUE pics at the tailgate party and reveal our "code names". History in the makn'

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="849178" timestamp="1284740528"]
Tickets still avaiable

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/tickets_still_available_for_west_brook_katy_game.html
[/quote]

I wanna go, but I don't wanna drive to Beaumont, only to have the guy infront of me get the last ticket.  Looks like, i'll be watching from my computer.

I will say this thou, last night at the JV game the WB coaches complimented one of the Katy receivers on a one handed catch he caught between two defenders. I just thought that was real classy of them to compliment the other teams player when it was caught on their side.  They could have not said anything but for them to compliment the other team on a play was very classy.  I know I talk smack and it's all fun and games. We are fans we are allowed to do that. But ultimately the game will be decided on the field and the football players.  This game is being hyped up so big and I guess that's good because it just means more money for the schools. Just hope it's doesn't turn out like a Mike Tyson fight where we wait this long and someone gets knocked out in the first round. More exciting when it's a close game. See you guys tomorrow I'll be there early hopefully they will open the parking lot gates early. Now I'm hearing they won't open till 3:30 pm.  If anyone knows what time parking lot opens let me know please. It will be decided on the gridiron! Good luck to both teams but you know who I'm rooting for. ::)

Katy 42
WB 27

Jack the Hammer - It is trash talking UNTILl you back it up ;) and Katy has to BEWARE every week cause they are the big game - everyone wants to take them down

Sgt Rey - I like my Katy Tiger Stirred Up and Very Hot - your doing a good job of getting them there.

Weebegone - The Turkey leg sounds good if you see me I will be wearing Red and a hat - see ya there 8)

Agian good luck to both teams play hard and safe - and may the Best Tiger WIN :o

[quote name="sig220" post="849338" timestamp="1284760672"]
This was a staph infection from a cut.  It has been treated, but will not play.
[/quote]
Not sure where you guys get the info from...but I think we should just stop feeding this information til everything is confirmed thru a higher source...Example:  Joe Blow has a broken leg.....joe will be out for at least six weeks....I say list the source and we can decide if it's credible or not...but I know... I wouldn't appreciate someone claiming my kid is injured, and he really isn't or vise versa(IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS)...Just a suggestion...OR WE JUST SAY HE'S OUT, etc...just out of courtesy to the player and his family, because we may not know how extreme it may actually be.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="849379" timestamp="1284763857"]
[quote author=sig220 link=topic=72886.msg849338#msg849338 date=1284760672]
This was a staph infection from a cut.  It has been treated, but will not play.
[/quote]
Not sure where you guys get the info from...but I think we should just stop feeding this information til everything is confirmed thru a higher source...Example:  Joe Blow has a broken leg.....joe will be out for at least six weeks....I say list the source and we can decide if it's credible or not...but I know... I wouldn't appreciate someone claiming my kid is injured, and he really isn't or vise versa(IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS)...Just a suggestion...OR WE JUST SAY HE'S OUT, etc...just out of courtesy to the player and his family, because we may not know how extreme it may actually be.
[/quote]
Agreed, injury talk should stay off the boards..

[quote name="sig220" post="846815" timestamp="1284426973"]
The West Brook defense suffered some injuries on Saturday.  Both starting cornerbacks will be out for the Katy game.  I won't pick against WB, but a hard game just got harder.
[/quote]Guess what, gang? I just found out that, not one, but BOTH of our starting corners will be in pads and be game ready tomorrow! As it turn out, the injuries were mainly superficial, and both CB's will play against Katy! Mark it down, skywrite it, or post it in the field house.....I dont care what you do with the information, but be ready. The Bruins will be hittting on ALL cylinders tomorrow at The BUTCH! ;D And they want to win!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="849418" timestamp="1284769082"]
[quote author=sig220 link=topic=72886.msg846815#msg846815 date=1284426973]
The West Brook defense suffered some injuries on Saturday.  Both starting cornerbacks will be out for the Katy game.  I won't pick against WB, but a hard game just got harder.
[/quote]Guess what, gang? I just found out that, not one, but BOTH of our starting corners will be in pads and be game ready tomorrow! As it turn out, the injuries were mainly superficial, and both CB's will play against Katy! Mark it down, skywrite it, or post it in the field house.....I dont care what you do with the information, but be ready. The Bruins will be hittting on ALL cylinders tomorrow at The BUTCH! ;D And they want to win!
[/quote]That's great! I hope nobody on the WB team is hurt. I hope they are all healthy. That way when Katy wins they won't make excuses and post on here that this is why we lost. Let's make a deal win or lose nobody get on here and make excuses afterwards why they lost. I don't want to here the refs weren't calling it, or our players were hurt and didn't play this game, etc... You win then you were the best team, you lose and you just got beat. Plain and simple. No excuses after the game please!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami