* * * THE # 2 KATY TIGERS vs THE # 6 WEST BROOK BRUINS * * * ..9/18/2010...

SgtRey

RACK HIM!!! ;D[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
[quote name="Westside" post="848386" timestamp="1284614078"]
We have so many great backups that Katys sophomore/J.V. team is stacked as well. WB will get the "FIRST" taste of our sophomore/J.V. Tigers butt kicking on Thursday. When they see how good the Katy sophomore/J.V. team beats "baby bear" and "momma bear" they'll wonder what the Varsity team is going to do to "poppa bear"!       

Bears Open Hunting Season Starts 9/18/10.  HAPPY HUNTING TIGERS!
[/quote]

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="KTREDD" post="848412" timestamp="1284641502"]
[quote author=Westside link=topic=72886.msg848386#msg848386 date=1284614078]
We have so many great backups that Katys sophomore/J.V. team is stacked as well. WB will get the "FIRST" taste of our sophomore/J.V. Tigers butt kicking on Thursday. When they see how good the Katy sophomore/J.V. team beats "baby bear" and "momma bear" they'll wonder what the Varsity team is going to do to "poppa bear"!       

[/quote]
[/quote]
Nothing wrong with a lil smack in the morning...I like honey smacks myself... ;D

[quote name="Popa Blu" post="845553" timestamp="1284319852"]
I guess after reading for some time on these forums, it is time to "chime in". The defense will be ready. Make no mistake about it. IMO there are several things that this blog missed about the IKE game>

[i]#1 There were more defensive higlights in that one game than all year combined. Hard hits, break-ups, good coverages, etc..
#2 IKE after being down by 27 points, they came out and scored ok. It happens. IF THEN, you take away the [b]"30 sec rest issue"[/b] caused by the fumble which put the defense immediately back on the field, and instead the defense is resting (like it should) THEN no immediate subsequent score happens.
#3 Our defense, and our offense are our special teams! The kids will get tired, and a good / decent team will take advantage of that. [/i]

So, Amen to all, BUT need not doubt this defense, nor worry. IF we have any problem, at all, compared to the Katy's of the world it is depth. Not the depth to replace an injured player, BUT the depth that during a course of the game allows our Horses to rest. With that said, I can say this, even though they stayed on the field the whole 3rd qtr, played a rough playing team, faced the fastest QB they might see all year, they still looked better after 4 qtrs than they did after 1qtr against Lufkin. [b]They WILL be ready![/b]
[/quote]

[color=red][color=blue][size=10pt][b]Please refer to the last paragraph above. I posted it on like page 2 or 3. Funny how it has taken 13 or 14 pages to focus adults. "Depth"! Four cats cat run a long way! If we rest the horses some, we are "in like Flin". Sgt: I like to eat Tiger "Frosted Flakes" Their GREAT! and when I finish, there is always a little sugar in the bottom of the bowl. Makes the experience "SO SWEET"! Evening Breakfast at 6pm Saturday.
[color=blue]BLU42 / BLU42 / HUT HUT[/b][/size][/color][/color][/color]

[quote name="SgtRey" post="848413" timestamp="1284641863"]
[quote author=KTREDD link=topic=72886.msg848412#msg848412 date=1284641502]
[quote author=Westside link=topic=72886.msg848386#msg848386 date=1284614078]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Nothing wrong with a lil smack in the morning...I like honey smacks myself... ;D
[/quote]

Hmm  a little trash talking from the Katy folks.  I am sensing that they have deviated from their normal routine game plan.  Perhaps this is no longer business as usual. 
I am looking forward to hosting you folks in Beaumont Texas.  Drive safely and please spend $$ generiously----we have bills to pay.  ;D

[quote name="Popa Blu" post="848418" timestamp="1284643416"]
[quote author=Popa Blu link=topic=72886.msg845553#msg845553 date=1284319852]
I guess after reading for some time on these forums, it is time to "chime in". The defense will be ready. Make no mistake about it. IMO there are several things that this blog missed about the IKE game>

[i]#1 There were more defensive higlights in that one game than all year combined. Hard hits, break-ups, good coverages, etc..
#2 IKE after being down by 27 points, they came out and scored ok. It happens. IF THEN, you take away the [b]"30 sec rest issue"[/b] caused by the fumble which put the defense immediately back on the field, and instead the defense is resting (like it should) THEN no immediate subsequent score happens.
#3 Our defense, and our offense are our special teams! The kids will get tired, and a good / decent team will take advantage of that. [/i]

So, Amen to all, BUT need not doubt this defense, nor worry. IF we have any problem, at all, compared to the Katy's of the world it is depth. Not the depth to replace an injured player, BUT the depth that during a course of the game allows our Horses to rest. With that said, I can say this, even though they stayed on the field the whole 3rd qtr, played a rough playing team, faced the fastest QB they might see all year, they still looked better after 4 qtrs than they did after 1qtr against Lufkin. [b]They WILL be ready![/b]
[/quote]

[color=red][color=blue][size=10pt][b]Please refer to the last paragraph above. I posted it on like page 2 or 3. Funny how it has taken 13 or 14 pages to focus adults. "Depth"! Four cats cat run a long way! If we rest the horses some, we are "in like Flin". Sgt: I like to eat Tiger "Frosted Flakes" Their GREAT! and when I finish, there is always a little sugar in the bottom of the bowl. Makes the experience "SO SWEET"! Evening Breakfast at 6pm Saturday.
[/quote]
I think WB is going to eat some Tiger "Frosted Flakes" Saturday morning....and maybe some "Tiger Steaks" for the tailgate!!....I like mine bloody... 8)

[quote name="SgtRey" post="848578" timestamp="1284661218"]
[quote author=Popa Blu link=topic=72886.msg848418#msg848418 date=1284643416]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think WB is going to eat some Tiger "Frosted Flakes" Saturday morning....and maybe some "Tiger Steaks" for the tailgate!!....I like mine bloody... 8)
[/quote]

BET THAT! Consider it done.. 1pm at Da Butch

[quote name="Popa Blu" post="848585" timestamp="1284661527"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=72886.msg848578#msg848578 date=1284661218]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]GRRRRRREAT!!!

[quote name="SgtRey" post="848590" timestamp="1284661669"]
[quote author=Popa Blu link=topic=72886.msg848585#msg848585 date=1284661527]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]GRRRRRREAT!!!
[/quote]
I'll be picking up the Rib(R)eyes tomorrow...

[quote name="SgtRey" post="848591" timestamp="1284661759"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=72886.msg848590#msg848590 date=1284661669]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]GRRRRRREAT!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]

Question for the SGT----- How do you prepare a Tiger for grilling? ???

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="848332" timestamp="1284604017"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=72886.msg848324#msg848324 date=1284603204]
I read on the 5A blog that they have 59 seniors, compared to Brook's 47 varsity players.   Can that be true?
[/quote]I thought it was 69? Yes this is true. They will have anywhere from 80-95 players on the sidelines.Its quite impressive to see, actually. They have as many as three backups for EVERY position on the field. They win alot of their games by truition. They are able to stay alot fresher towards the end of the game when the other team is wearing down. This is what makes them such a second half team. That and, great coaching adjustments during halftime. I wish WB would adopt a philosophy similar to that. Imagine what we could do if we could keep 11 fresh sets of legs in the game for every series.
[/quote]
69 Sr's 11 Jr's 5 sophs.

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="848629" timestamp="1284664966"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=72886.msg848591#msg848591 date=1284661759]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=72886.msg848590#msg848590 date=1284661669]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]GRRRRRREAT!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]

Question for the SGT----- How do you prepare a Tiger for grilling? ???
[/quote]
Some peopl like'em grilled, but i prefer Bruined... :o

How many of the WB fans expecting a "Butch Slapping" will be on after the game Saturday if WB loses? 

I am stating that I think that Katy will win by 14 or more points - and if WB wins I will be here to take all the gruff that the WB fans will be sure to deliver to me and all other Katy fans; and I will also say that if WB wins they will deserve a big "great game" becasue this would have to be their biggest game in years and they will deserve all the kudos they would get.

Will the WB fans do the same?  Frankly I have not been on the WB pages before as I live in Liberty and not Beaumont - I hope WB fans are bigger people than some of the teams that I have rooted agianst and had many SETXSPORTS conversations with.

As a fan of this site I have noticed that most of the "trash" talkers have a bad habit of disappearing from the posts when their team instead of delivering the "Butch Slapping" gets a "Butch Slapping". 

Just wondering?

Should be a great game with 2 to 50 High School teams going head to head.  Katy is No. 9 and WB is No. 45 - if you don't have plans will be a great game to watch.

[quote name="OldTimer" post="848727" timestamp="1284676228"]
How many of the WB fans expecting a "Butch Slapping" will be on after the game Saturday if WB loses? 

I am stating that I think that Katy will win by 14 or more points - and if WB wins I will be here to take all the gruff that the WB fans will be sure to deliver to me and all other Katy fans; and I will also say that if WB wins they will deserve a big "great game" becasue this would have to be their biggest game in years and they will deserve all the kudos they would get.

Will the WB fans do the same?  Frankly I have not been on the WB pages before as I live in Liberty and not Beaumont - I hope WB fans are bigger people than some of the teams that I have rooted agianst and had many SETXSPORTS conversations with.

As a fan of this site I have noticed that most of the "trash" talkers have a bad habit of disappearing from the posts when their team instead of delivering the "Butch Slapping" gets a "Butch Slapping". 

Just wondering?

Should be a great game with 2 to 50 High School teams going head to head.  Katy is No. 9 and WB is No. 45 - if you don't have plans will be a great game to watch.

[/quote]
Man you seem so interested yet so bothered as to how Da Brook fans will react after the game.  I do not claim to be a spokesperson for the Bruins, but IMO the people i know from this fan base are mostly first class people who have lots of fun going to games.  As far as picking things up after a loss, unfortunately, we have some experience with a few losses but our good natured character survived these.  Let me try this.  Why dont you put on a red shirt and a Katy hat and visit a blue tailgate party prior to the game and see for yourself what type of folks we are.  I have faith that you would be treated quite well as a guest.  Then we will do some BUTCH SLAPPIN LATER> ;D
PS find me at the game and I promise to treat you to a "LUPE Turkey LEG.  ;)

[quote name="OldTimer" post="848744" timestamp="1284678475"]
Have been to only 1 WB game and yes almost all of the fans appeared to be first class.  I am sorry - I also know that a few posters do not represent an entire school.  Like I said this should be a great game and good luck to both schools.
[/quote]
How about a TIGER LEG?

[quote name="OldTimer" post="848744" timestamp="1284678475"]
Have been to only 1 WB game and yes almost all of the fans appeared to be first class.  I am sorry - I also know that a few posters do not represent an entire school.  Like I said this should be a great game and good luck to both schools.
[/quote]

Dude. You act like you are taking some big risk when you pick Katy to win.  It's easy to pick a favorite, especially when they are #2 in the state, and then come out and say "I'll be here if they lose".  Real ballsy!          ::)

Well just got back from the sophomore/JV Katy/WB game.  WB got spanked by all the Katy Teams!!  We won big on all games. The only reason WB scored 6 points was because we had our 3rd stringers in there and it happen in the 4th quarter. If all our teams scored that BIG what do you think our varsity team with all the best players will do? Look up the scores son we took out baby bear and momma bear. Saturday it's on to poppa bear. It's coming WB you wanted it you got it. Saturday is time to handle our business as usual. SGT Reyes you know it's just smack talk all in fun but I will be there early with my family and I look forward to meeting you. I for one am also Mexican so you won't be the only one there. I'm bringing the Bruin Burgers to grill at the tailgate. ;D

[quote name="Westside" post="849022" timestamp="1284701570"]
Well just got back from the sophomore/JV Katy/WB game.  WB got spanked by all the Katy Teams!!  We won big on all games. The only reason WB scored 6 points was because we had our 3rd stringers in there and it happen in the 4th quarter. If all our teams scored that BIG what do you think our varsity team with all the best players will do? Look up the scores son we took out baby bear and momma bear. Saturday it's on to poppa bear. It's coming WB you wanted it you got it. Saturday is time to handle our business as usual. SGT Reyes you know it's just smack talk all in fun but I will be there early with my family and I look forward to meeting you. I for one am also Mexican so you won't be the only one there. I'm bringing the Bruin Burgers to grill at the tailgate. ;D
[/quote] ::)

[quote name="SgtRey" post="846337" timestamp="1284389810"]
Jump aboard the BRUINS or DON'T SHOW UP!!  I can't stand negativity....believe in our team! believe in our program! this is the same crap I heard last year before the North Shore game!  I was the only one on here shouting that WE WOULD BEAT HIGHTOWER....nobody is closer to the players/coaches....this isn't freakin Christmas!  We aren't giving anything away!  We're sending those RED BELLY BOYS HOME CRYING down I - 10 west!!

West Brook WILL WIN this game by 7 or MORE!!.... 8).

TO ALL KATY FANS:

THE RIDE TO BEAUMONT WILL BE LONG, THE RIDE BACK WILL BE LONGER....
[/quote]

Dang it Im with you here  Bmt WB  44  Katy  31

Yea, Yea Katy is number 2 in the State with argubaly the best Program in the Nation..But Not So Fast My Friend (Lee Coroso Voice)..
But I honestly think If WestBrook can run the ball effectivley with a good passing game, they have a chance to win..

Lets Go Bruins..Put On for Beaumont..Show the State we can still play down here in SETX...Ill be their supporting you guys..

Well now Katy would love to have you think that they are invincible, undefeatable, and the greatest thing since sliced bread. This negative talk is ridiculous whether you believe it are not there are players who read this. This has the making of being something special for these kids, this schoo,l and ofcourse the fans. WB has a real good shot at winning. Think about this: Last season you guys played the team with the girl name a good game. This year you have the same team very much improved from last years team. Dont doubt WB they will be ready to play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics