* * * THE # 2 KATY TIGERS vs THE # 6 WEST BROOK BRUINS * * * ..9/18/2010...

SgtRey

I guess after reading for some time on these forums, it is time to "chime in". The defense will be ready. Make no mistake about it. IMO there are several things that this blog missed about the IKE game>

[i]#1 There were more defensive higlights in that one game than all year combined. Hard hits, break-ups, good coverages, etc..
#2 IKE after being down by 27 points, they came out and scored ok. It happens. IF THEN, you take away the [b]"30 sec rest issue"[/b] caused by the fumble which put the defense immediately back on the field, and instead the defense is resting (like it should) THEN no immediate subsequent score happens.
#3 Our defense, and our offense are our special teams! The kids will get tired, and a good / decent team will take advantage of that. [/i]

So, Amen to all, BUT need not doubt this defense, nor worry. IF we have any problem, at all, compared to the Katy's of the world it is depth. Not the depth to replace an injured player, BUT the depth that during a course of the game allows our Horses to rest. With that said, I can say this, even though they stayed on the field the whole 3rd qtr, played a rough playing team, faced the fastest QB they might see all year, they still looked better after 4 qtrs than they did after 1qtr against Lufkin. [b]They WILL be ready![/b]

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Popa Blu" post="845553" timestamp="1284319852"]
I guess after reading for some time on these forums, it is time to "chime in". The defense will be ready. Make no mistake about it. IMO there are several things that this blog missed about the IKE game>

[i]#1 There were more defensive higlights in that one game than all year combined. Hard hits, break-ups, good coverages, etc..
#2 IKE after being down by 27 points, they came out and scored ok. It happens. IF THEN, you take away the [b]"30 sec rest issue"[/b] caused by the fumble which put the defense immediately back on the field, and instead the defense is resting (like it should) THEN no immediate subsequent score happens.
#3 Our defense, and our offense are our special teams! The kids will get tired, and a good / decent team will take advantage of that. [/i]

So, Amen to all, BUT need not doubt this defense, nor worry. IF we have any problem, at all, compared to the Katy's of the world it is depth. Not the depth to replace an injured player, BUT the depth that during a course of the game allows our Horses to rest. With that said, I can say this, even though they stayed on the field the whole 3rd qtr, played a rough playing team, faced the fastest QB they might see all year, they still looked better after 4 qtrs than they did after 1qtr against Lufkin. [b]They WILL be ready![/b]
[/quote]

Hope you are right.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="845719" timestamp="1284332952"]
On paper, this should be a good game!
[/quote]
I hope so....Brooke SHOULD have beaten Ozen, Central and Aldine Ike.....Katy is a gigantic upgrade in competition with wins over to pretty good teams in convincing fashion.....game time baby.

Ive Seen Katy Play and I also knew a Kid that went their in 2005 when they won State..Honestly I think Brook can do it..
Shoot I hope they do, I like for Beaumont and Setx to be represented well..

Idk if Brook will win buh I hope they do. If they wanna beat Katy this year, They better do it in the Regular Season, Cause If Brook see's them in
Playoffs Katy is a whole Diffrent Team..

[quote name="scooter!" post="845944" timestamp="1284345158"]
[quote author=Beaumont_Legend link=topic=72886.msg845939#msg845939 date=1284344947]
Brook(e) lol what the heck???
[/quote]i started that  :D

back in effect after the Katy game  8)
[/quote]
Brooke, Pam and Katy......some "butches" you dont want to run into in a dark alley.

Katy has to be the most Disciplin Program I've ever seen ..Why You think they win all thoes State Championships but Dosent Have alot of D-1 offers..Cause Athleticly Memorial would Beat Katy, but Games arent won on athletics alone..They play their Responsibilities and Hussel..

That will not happen... :P

[quote name="scooter!" post="845876" timestamp="1284342523"]
i hope brook beats the brakes off Katy....i take back my prediction

One game at a time big fellow... :o
Katy will see fire come playoff time when the Titans come rolling in.  8) >:(
[/quote]

Jump aboard the BRUINS or DON'T SHOW UP!!  I can't stand negativity....believe in our team! believe in our program! this is the same crap I heard last year before the North Shore game!  I was the only one on here shouting that WE WOULD BEAT HIGHTOWER....nobody is closer to the players/coaches....this isn't freakin Christmas!  We aren't giving anything away!  We're sending those RED BELLY BOYS HOME CRYING down I - 10 west!!

West Brook WILL WIN this game by 7 or MORE!!.... 8).

TO ALL KATY FANS:

THE RIDE TO BEAUMONT WILL BE LONG, THE RIDE BACK WILL BE LONGER....

[quote name="SgtRey" post="846337" timestamp="1284389810"]
[b]Jump aboard the BRUINS or DON'T SHOW UP!!  I can't stand negativity[/b]....believe in our team! believe in our program! this is the same crap I heard last year before the North Shore game!  I was the only one on here shouting that WE WOULD BEAT HIGHTOWER....nobody is closer to the players/coaches....this isn't freakin Christmas!  We aren't giving anything away!  We're sending those RED BELLY BOYS HOME CRYING down I - 10 west!!

TO ALL KATY FANS:

[/quote] ;D ;D Their you go,NOW you sound like The GOAT, ;) :D ;D >:(  That's  how I look at  it. Freak the other team!!!!!!!!!!  I CONTROL MY DESTINY!!!!!!!!! >:( now let's play ball, if I win,I win, if I lose,I lose. Just learn form your mistakes and play another day.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="846337" timestamp="1284389810"]
Jump aboard the BRUINS or DON'T SHOW UP!!  I can't stand negativity....believe in our team! believe in our program! this is the same crap I heard last year before the North Shore game!  I was the only one on here shouting that WE WOULD BEAT HIGHTOWER....nobody is closer to the players/coaches....this isn't freakin Christmas!  We aren't giving anything away!  We're sending those RED BELLY BOYS HOME CRYING down I - 10 west!!

TO ALL KATY FANS:

[/quote]

One correction on this post----  I was on the BTH out of [s]Hightower[/s]  Lowclasstower. 

Now Who is going to help me put the sign up after the paint dries.

[move][b][size=18pt]EXIT HERE FOR YO SETX BUTTWHOOPIN[/size][/b][/move]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245