Vidor @ Kirbyville Predictions

kville

I will be honest. Because of scrimage info I was not the least bit worried about Vidor until the Texas High game. People had to give Vidor a second look because although T.H.S. is not a team anyone here would regularly follow all reports were that the Pirates looked good. After all that I have read (mostly from Pirate fans) it seems their powder is wet and ship is sinking. Anything can happen on a given Friday night and I sincerely hope Vidor has a great week of practice and shows us how they can realy play ball. With the Cats D on fire and the offense expanding to a 3 man show in the backfield and the ever present threat of Cucancic pulling one out of thin air I have to go with Kirbyville big.

Kirbyville more than 40
Vidor less than 10

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Statman" post="840026" timestamp="1283723849"]
Because (and only because) I cannot see Vidor going 0-3 starting out, I'm going way out on a limb on this one and predict an upset here.  I'm saying Vidor 29-Kville 28
[/quote]

I can very well see Vidor going 0-3, in fact after looking at the the schedule i could vidor going 0-10.  I hope that dont break your limb.  LOL

Guest rykerx144
I think that the talent and althletes are definetly in favor of Kirbyville.  The only saving grace that Vidor has is depth.  If they can keep it close and wear the cats down by keeping fresh legs in the game then they might have a shot at the end.  Kirbyville will be playing this game with about 17 kids total (on both sides).  Vidor will be playing with about 60. 

[quote name="rschuldt" post="840029" timestamp="1283724108"]
I don't know on this one. With Vidor being a 4A school, and Kirbyville being a 3A. All I can say is that it will probably be a close game. If I had to choose one though, I would choose Vidor.
[/quote]

BC is 3A and even though I am sure they have more players than Kville it is nowhere near what Vidor suits up.  Kirbyville wins this game.  Not because of the reason everyone would expect....i.e. Ford an Co.  Rather, because of their defense.  I know that they hung with Texas High and almost won but they have no defense and I highly doubt they can stop the running machine that Kirbyville has.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="840033" timestamp="1283724373"]
I think that the talent and althletes are definetly in favor of Kirbyville.  The only saving grace that Vidor has is depth.  If they can keep it close and wear the cats down by keeping fresh legs in the game then they might have a shot at the end.  Kirbyville will be playing this game with about 17 kids total (on both sides).  Vidor will be playing with about 60. 
[/quote]

17 players...Where did you get that number..

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="840070" timestamp="1283727160"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=72561.msg840033#msg840033 date=1283724373]
[/quote]

[/quote]

i dont mean they suit up 17, i mean there is 17 kids that they actually use.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="840079" timestamp="1283727613"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=72561.msg840070#msg840070 date=1283727160]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=72561.msg840033#msg840033 date=1283724373]
[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL  Ok You had me worried.... ;)

i dont mean they suit up 17, i mean there is 17 kids that they actually use.
[/quote]

[quote name="Lefty99" post="840041" timestamp="1283725077"]
[quote author=rschuldt link=topic=72561.msg840029#msg840029 date=1283724108]
I don't know on this one. With Vidor being a 4A school, and Kirbyville being a 3A. All I can say is that it will probably be a close game. If I had to choose one though, I would choose Vidor.
[/quote]

BC is 3A and even though I am sure they have more players than Kville it is nowhere near what Vidor suits up.  Kirbyville wins this game.  Not because of the reason everyone would expect....i.e. Ford an Co.  Rather, because of their defense.  I know that they hung with Texas High and almost won but they have no defense and I highly doubt they can stop the running machine that Kirbyville has.
[/quote]

This is the same old song and dance. Yes Vidor will probably suit up 60 boys and out of that sixty half will never see the field except from the sideline. Now your down to 30. Out of that thirty half will have a lot of heart and will do all that they can for thier team if it means sweating blood but will not be the "top" players. Now your down to 15. I'll wager that out of that top 15 (or the 17 you say we will use) all can keep up with Vidors top 15,  but only half of those boys will be legitimate playmakers every game so now were down to 7 or 8 players that will make things happen. Bring 100 if you want it will still come down to the boys  that have done the work and that have the heart and talent to make it happen. And as far as keeping fresh players on the field..... The 'Cats are very used to playing both ways if needed and if you think just keeping any old "fresh" player on the field will do it mabey a long night for the Pirates. Bring your best, play your best everyone else is just filling up the bus. I wish Vidor all the luck in the world and if they beat us straight up thats fine. I hope we could learn something from it. But if the best plan they have is just "We have more players than you." I think they will fall very short.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="840033" timestamp="1283724373"]
[/quote]

im not so shure we will be playing 60 kids mabey about 35 max

[quote name="pirate68" post="840177" timestamp="1283737845"]
Cats are to confident!!!! Pirates by 3 claws. ;D
[/quote] Wow you must be a parent or just dont want to state the truth vidor has no chance, i really wish they did but the truth is the best thing about the season will be the fireworks at homecoming Interstate 10 Vidor 0

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="840240" timestamp="1283744007"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=72561.msg840177#msg840177 date=1283737845]
Cats are to confident!!!! Pirates by 3 claws. ;D
[/quote] Wow you must be a parent or just dont want to state the truth vidor has no chance, i really wish they did but the truth is the best thing about the season will be the fireworks at homecoming Interstate 10 Vidor 0
[/quote]Get lost man....We dont need band wagon fans.

[quote name="lonestartexan977" post="840261" timestamp="1283750033"]
Unless Vidor has a change of offense and actually finds a passing game, then they will never win consistently with being one demensional and only running the football. 
[/quote]Why do people keep making this statment? There are countless high school football teams in the state of Texas that run the spread that are not successful.

[quote name="pirate68" post="840263" timestamp="1283750519"]
[quote author=lonestartexan977 link=topic=72561.msg840261#msg840261 date=1283750033]
Unless Vidor has a change of offense and actually finds a passing game, then they will never win consistently with being one demensional and only running the football. 
[/quote]Why do people keep making this statment? There are countless high school football teams in the state of Texas that run the spread that are not successful.
[/quote] the reason people keep saying it is because it is the truth. It is a great system to run when you have a big line but this year is not the time to be running that offence but they wont change and the team will suffer

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="840266" timestamp="1283751495"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=72561.msg840263#msg840263 date=1283750519]
[quote author=lonestartexan977 link=topic=72561.msg840261#msg840261 date=1283750033]
[/quote] the reason people keep saying it is because it is the truth. It is a great system to run when you have a big line but this year is not the time to be running that offence but they wont change and the team will suffer
[/quote]

I'll just cut and paste this one from the other thread.  KVille fans, you can tell by the statements Gilbert makes he/SHE is a disgruntled want to be that either isn’t playing or there kid isn’t playing.  He/SHE is always on these threads bashing the team or asking for the coach’s job.  Those of us that are on the threads enough don’t pay this idiot any mind.  Like I posted in another thread this joker posted on, he/SHE is going to blow out an ACL the way he jumps from one side of the fence to the other or even better jumps from on "ship" to another.  Good luck to both teams Friday.  Kirbyville is really great and we will have to play mistake free football to stay with them.  That’s the point of playing better competion in preseason people.  Not Sally Maes High School for Basket Weaving

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Fly-out to RF ends the inning.  3 outs for a trip to the regional finals/state quarterfinals.     Chester up 11-8.  Brookeland coming to the plate with 2-3-4.
    • Nicholls as you all likely know must lose to McNeese tomorrow for Lamar to be the out right conference champion. That is what most of us want to see.   With that said here's an odd scenario that could happen. There are 3 games left in conference play as Northwestern is playing out of conference and 2 of the 4 series are complete.  The aforementioned Nicholls vs McNeese and 2 games in the UIW and HCU series are left to play. If Nicholls wins and UIW spilts with HCU there will be a 4 way tie for 5th. McNeese, Southeastern. Corpus, and UIW would all sit at 10-14.  No idea on the conference tie breaker for tournament seeds. Truly wish the conference had a better website that already stated this as well as the tiebreaker scenario.  It has been one fun season and see you all in Hammond Wednesday. Well, some of you. Go Cards!! Uncle Spidey...you da man!!!  Snakehead, thanks for the updates.  Everyone else, have a great summer and enjoy what's left of the college baseball season. 
    • K for Chester to lead off.  Great diving catch in CF by Coulter for Brookeland for out 2.
    • Getting heated with the coaches for Brookeland and the umps.  I’m not quite sure what is going on.  Brookeland coaches contending the fans are cheering too loud.  
    • Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?
  • Topics