West Orange-Stark vs. Friendswood Game Thread/FW Wins 35-34/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great game to watch...hopefully next week we can get our kicker in and let him at least try some XPs...regardless of the refs we need to cut back on penalties and imo both teams made mistakes...some fw fans on here said they didnt play well...well i can promise u that last nights game wasnt the best wos can play either...turnovers,poor tackling at times, and mental break downs happened on both sides...overall though very pleased with wos effort...they never quit and i think they did a lot of growing up last nite...and hopefully this game will give them confidence the rest of the season...to be only a few plays away from beating 4A's #8 ranked team hopefully shows a sign of good things in the future for wos... 8)

[quote name="griff" post="838665" timestamp="1283608075"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=72416.msg838661#msg838661 date=1283607695]
Per PANews

Penalties

WOS 11/110
FW  6/60
[/quote]
Thanks, admin.  Several of those on WO-S were late in the 4th Q.  Crucial moments.  Those hurt. 
[/quote]

Try to argue about the roughing the passer call on number 43, ball away for at least 2 ticks no one blocking him or pushing him into the qb, and he goes after maetzolds knees. Try to argue that one! That one helped our drive very much. The pass interference was clear, the defender grabbed the reciever as he was running by him. Nice try saying you played bad, I watched the film of your hole game vs Nederland. Yall played well vs FW. Watch our game film vs Angleton and you will see we did not. Now I already said the opponent was part of it, so do not start the bashing about oh not giving us credit.

The touchdown pass was IN BOUNDS and the ref called him out of bounds.  THAT was crucial.  FW held all night long right in front of the refs and only had one holding call.  Their receivers pushed off every time they completed a long pass with defenders present.  If you call it for one side, by golly, call it for BOTH sides.  We SHOULD have made the two point conversions but we didn't.  At least our TD's were made legitimately.

YOU go back and look at the tape FW.

the final was 35-34 friendswood, congrats on the win. its funny though some trying to justify getting the crap kicked out of you be a small 3a team the entire night who the majority of your fans thought you would destroy. like an earlier post stated i think the wos team grew alot last night and i truly feel sorry for any team that steps on the field with them in the future. theyre now battle tested against a big, highly ranked 4a team and came away looking great!

[quote name="Mike_Mustang" post="838562" timestamp="1283580707"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72416.msg838544#msg838544 date=1283579103]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=72416.msg838537#msg838537 date=1283578785]
what happened after the game?
[/quote]

In the middle of the field for all of the world to see, while the rest of the team was going thru the line to shake hands - a WOS player thought he would chase down the refs and yell his thoughts at them. The WOS coaches and police quickly got him out of there and the refs left the field. Terrible show of sportsmanship, I have never seen it before and I am sure he is in for a lot of running.
[/quote]

I don't know what you were watching, but what I saw was an assistant coach trail  after a ref and he was collared by his father, not naming names here. The coach was pretty irate. I did not see any kids do anything of which you are descibing and I was at the game
[/quote]

I didn't either and I watched the whole thing go down, no kids involved but they were helping to subdue... and had I been a coach down there I would have questioned that particular refs heritage as well...

All that being said, you can't take anything away from FW. They were cool and collected the whole game even when they were behind by a couple of TD's. They are methodical and are a very good team. The only difference between those 2 teams as far as quality is that they have an accomplished kicker and ours is not quite ready yet, but he will get there. And I trust in our coaching staffs perspective on that. They know what they are doing.

Really this went from a self-proclaimed blowout to a oops we almost lost our ranking. It went from we are the bigger and better coached team to they outcoached us and there little small school (thats 3A) almost embarrased us. Come on FW WOS was all you could handle.  Good thing there not 4A.

Great Game WOS you did SETX proud

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="838703" timestamp="1283609971"]
Really this went from a self-proclaimed blowout to a oops we almost lost our ranking. It went from we are the bigger and better coached team to they outcoached us and there little small school (thats 3A) almost embarrased us. Come on FW WOS was all you could handle.  Good thing there not 4A.

[/quote]

WOS should have a very good year and do well. I hope FW does as well. Good luck and we will be following you and hoping you go far in the playoffs. Very talented team, with a great coaching staff. Have funa nd enjoy the ride.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="838703" timestamp="1283609971"]

[/quote]

Oh no Hammer, but they played bad... Even though they only had 2 turnovers, both in the first half, and only 6 penalties for 50 yards and MAYBE 1 dropped pass all night. It's easy to "play bad" when your opponent has their collective foot in your rectum all night! LMFAO  :D :D :D

[quote name="fwstangs" post="838676" timestamp="1283608718"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=72416.msg838665#msg838665 date=1283608075]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=72416.msg838661#msg838661 date=1283607695]
Per PANews

Penalties

WOS 11/110
FW  6/60
[/quote]
Thanks, admin.  Several of those on WO-S were late in the 4th Q.  Crucial moments.  Those hurt. 
[/quote]

Try to argue about the roughing the passer call on number 43, ball away for at least 2 ticks no one blocking him or pushing him into the qb, and he goes after maetzolds knees. Try to argue that one! That one helped our drive very much. The pass interference was clear, the defender grabbed the reciever as he was running by him. Nice try saying you played bad, I watched the film of your hole game vs Nederland. Yall played well vs FW. Watch our game film vs Angleton and you will see we did not. Now I already said the opponent was part of it, so do not start the bashing about oh not giving us credit.
[/quote]
Mister, who's arguing the roughing the passer call?  You got your call there, and deservedly so.  Clear your head a little.  Pay attention to what I'm saying...there were bad calls (and missed calls) by the refs, especially late in the game.  For example...the receivers for FW pushed off A LOT throughout the night.  They were not used to having CBs that could cover them.  NOT ONE call was made by the refs for offensive pass interference.  Bad officiating there.  Also, the receiver wasn't "running by him" when the defender was BEHIND him.  

YOU were the one being disingenuous by saying, "believe me, we played terrible.  Some of that was due to our opponent, some of it was all on us."  What kind of crap is that?  Talk about not giving credit.  I just gave you a little sarcasm prescription by pointing out areas where we played bad.  I gave your team credit.  I think FW was/is an impressive team.  BTW...we played better against FW than we did against Nederland.  I watched film of your game with Angleton.  'Got news for you.  We are not Angleton.  

[quote name="Gasilla" post="838713" timestamp="1283610817"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=72416.msg838703#msg838703 date=1283609971]

[/quote]

Oh no Hammer, but they played bad... Even though they only had 2 turnovers, both in the first half, and only 6 penalties for 50 yards and MAYBE 1 dropped pass all night. It's easy to "play bad" when your opponent has their collective foot in your rectum all night! LMFAO  :D :D :D
[/quote]
Gas, sorry I missed the 23 page exchange fest this week.  I'm now trying to make up for lost time. 

If you were to take this thread and put it next to the thread of a certain 2A team WOS played last year it would look alot like the shoe is on the other foot with [b]SOME[/b] of the posters... I'm referring to the refs and their excessive penalties, not stopping the clock, and the being outcoached and outplayed by a smaller school.

[quote name="Kville99" post="838720" timestamp="1283611427"]
If you were to take this thread and put it next to the thread of a certain 2A team WOS played last year it would look alot like the shoe is on the other foot with [b]SOME[/b] of the posters... I'm referring to the refs and their excessive penalties, not stopping the clock, and the being outcoached and outplayed by a smaller school.
[/quote]

go back to bed....grown folks are talking.. :D

[/quote]
I did not attend the Kirbyville game, but I know what you're referring to on the posts.  Your team definitely gave us a scare and coulda won that one.  Looking forward to playing you again this year, and this time I won't miss it.  Glad you're back in 3A.

[/quote]

You know, there is probably some truth to that with [i][b]SOME[/b][/i] fans... but I bet this time next year we will be over it. ;) ;D

[/quote]

Yep. Geez, am trying to close this one out but they will not let me, keep whining about the refs, whining about us and not focusing on what people are saying. Good team effort, great job against a 4a team, bright season ahead. Yes both sides have beefs about calls, i was just trying to point some of that out - god forbid we talk about penalties, and that is always the case in close games. Each team had enough self induced mistakes to work on. Gassy - so glad you closed with a classy gassy post. There was a lot of hard hitting on both sides. Both teams walked off that field worn out and knowing they played a good team. Later.

i am grown sir and dont mean amy ill, but it does bring the question.  How does the shoe fit?  I am just pointing out for everyone to see the similarities between the two and to make the WOS fans think about all the lines they gave to that certain 2A school last year.  the game is over and nothing can be changed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder