West Orange-Stark vs. Friendswood Game Thread/FW Wins 35-34/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="skipper" post="838739" timestamp="1283612986"]
the one thin that scared the H$$ out of me was the SIZE and SPEED of the FW OL and DL line ,my lord i never seen a high school with that size some of these kids could play in the NFL
[/quote]

Yeah but that coach of yours find the ones that will not and ran at the right ones and away from the ones that could make plays. Great job of gameplanning!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="838741" timestamp="1283613268"]
I find it very difficult to believe that any team that has over 450 yards of offense and 35 points against a WOS defense, played terribly. ::)

Go blow that smoke somewhere else.
[/quote]

6 sacks. 2 picks. Poor punting. Missed blocking assignments, missed coverage assignments,  Missed a field goal he makes routinely. Defense played poorly - but as someone pointed out, our d gave up a lot of yards against Angelton. But again, again, again - some of that is the great play by WOS - and before some one gets offended, in the game of football , some of your bad plays are because the other guy beat you and some of your bad plays are because you did not execute. We had plenty of both. We can fix the latter and that is what we will start working on! Sorry - not our best played game - not meaning to offend anyone, but that is the fact for us!

I wish I could say we just played the best game of our lives, but as another WOS poster said - WOS can not say that either! Lots of things for WOS to work on also. That is all - no slams, just observations after breaking down the film. Football is alot more than the stat sheet.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="838727" timestamp="1283611850"]
[quote author=Kville99 link=topic=72416.msg838720#msg838720 date=1283611427]
If you were to take this thread and put it next to the thread of a certain 2A team WOS played last year it would look alot like the shoe is on the other foot with [b]SOME[/b] of the posters... I'm referring to the refs and their excessive penalties, not stopping the clock, and the being outcoached and outplayed by a smaller school.
[/quote]

Yep. Geez, am trying to close this one out but they will not let me, keep whining about the refs, whining about us and not focusing on what people are saying. Good team effort, great job against a 4a team, bright season ahead. Yes both sides have beefs about calls, i was just trying to point some of that out - god forbid we talk about penalties, and that is always the case in close games. Each team had enough self induced mistakes to work on. Gassy - so glad you closed with a classy gassy post. There was a lot of hard hitting on both sides. Both teams walked off that field worn out and knowing they played a good team. Later.
[/quote]

Well, you called me, so I'm answering... Thank you so much about my post... There is something to be said about knowing when you are making a classless post and making repeated classless posts and not knowing it... ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="fwstangs" post="838750" timestamp="1283613823"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72416.msg838741#msg838741 date=1283613268]
I find it very difficult to believe that any team that has over 450 yards of offense and 35 points against a WOS defense, played terribly. ::)

[/quote]

6 sacks. 2 picks. Poor punting. Missed blocking assignments, missed coverage assignments,  Missed a field goal he makes routinely. Defense played poorly - but as someone pointed out, our d gave up a lot of yards against Angelton. But again, again, again - some of that is the great play by WOS - and before some one gets offended, in the game of football , some of your bad plays are because the other guy beat you and some of your bad plays are because you did not execute. We had plenty of both. We can fix the latter and that is what we will start working on! Sorry - not our best played game - not meaning to offend anyone, but that is the fact for us!

I wish I could say we just played the best game of our lives, but as another WOS poster said - WOS can not say that either! Lots of things for WOS to work on also. That is all - no slams, just observations after breaking down the film. Football is alot more than the stat sheet.
[/quote]

I agree with your points, but answer me this - YOU broke down the film of the game?

[quote name="fwstangs" post="838750" timestamp="1283613823"]6 sacks. 2 picks. Poor punting. Missed blocking assignments, missed coverage assignments,  Missed a field goal he makes routinely. Defense played poorly - but as someone pointed out, our d gave up a lot of yards against Angelton. But again, again, again - some of that is the great play by WOS - and before some one gets offended, in the game of football , some of your bad plays are because the other guy beat you and some of your bad plays are because you did not execute. We had plenty of both. [/quote]

...and that can be said for either side.

Getting, or almost getting beat by WOS is not an embarrassment no matter your size or ranking. WOS is a topnotch team almost every year. They would’ve probably been ranked higher this year if it weren’t for last year’s performance. There’s a remote possibility they could be a rare team to move up in the rankings after a loss.

[quote name="mat" post="838771" timestamp="1283615153"]
Getting, or almost getting beat by WOS is not an embarrassment no matter your size or ranking. WOS is a topnotch team almost every year. They would’ve probably been ranked higher this year if it weren’t for last year’s performance. There’s a remote possibility they could be a rare team to move up in the rankings after a loss.
[/quote]

I would rather we keep flying under the radar... ;)

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="838764" timestamp="1283614712"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72416.msg838750#msg838750 date=1283613823]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72416.msg838741#msg838741 date=1283613268]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with your points, but answer me this - YOU broke down the film of the game?
[/quote]

Yes - had my teams filmed for years when I was a coach and learned how to break them down. Do the same for my sons team. Got a lot of help on how to do this from cousin who played at UT.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="838768" timestamp="1283615055"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72416.msg838750#msg838750 date=1283613823]6 sacks. 2 picks. Poor punting. Missed blocking assignments, missed coverage assignments,  Missed a field goal he makes routinely. Defense played poorly - but as someone pointed out, our d gave up a lot of yards against Angelton. But again, again, again - some of that is the great play by WOS - and before some one gets offended, in the game of football , some of your bad plays are because the other guy beat you and some of your bad plays are because you did not execute. We had plenty of both. [/quote]

[/quote]

Do not know how many times I can say I agree. You are real good at reactionary posts, lets see your super football qualified assessment of the game. Would be a good read,  ;D

[quote name="fwstangs" post="838800" timestamp="1283616779"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=72416.msg838768#msg838768 date=1283615055]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72416.msg838750#msg838750 date=1283613823]6 sacks. 2 picks. Poor punting. Missed blocking assignments, missed coverage assignments,  Missed a field goal he makes routinely. Defense played poorly - but as someone pointed out, our d gave up a lot of yards against Angelton. But again, again, again - some of that is the great play by WOS - and before some one gets offended, in the game of football , some of your bad plays are because the other guy beat you and some of your bad plays are because you did not execute. We had plenty of both. [/quote]

[/quote]

Do not know how many times I can say I agree. You are real good at reactionary posts, lets see your super football qualified assessment of the game. Would be a good read,  ;D
[/quote]

Well, if you look back I gave it already... But I will give it again just for you.  ;D Two good teams went toe to toe and the difference was one had an accomplished kicker and the others, obviously, is not there yet. All of the other crap, as said before, can be said for both teams. I wish the refs would have stayed out of it more, but it is what it is.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="838807" timestamp="1283617188"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72416.msg838800#msg838800 date=1283616779]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow that was really deep and analytical. Go back to your foot on the next posts - they fit your style better.  Gassy - you need glasses!!

Well, if you look back I gave it already... But I will give it again just for you.  ;D Two good teams went toe to toe and the difference was one had an accomplished kicker and the others, obviously, is not there yet. All of the other crap, as said before, can be said for both teams. I wish the refs would have stayed out of it more, but it is what it is.
[/quote]

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="838808" timestamp="1283617270"]
There is a big difference in saying you did not play your best and saying you played terrible. ;)

I can understand if FW did not play their best, but that does not always equate to playing terrible.
[/quote]

Full agreement! We did not play terrible!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="838808" timestamp="1283617270"]
There is a big difference in saying you did not play your best and saying you played terrible. ;)

I can understand if FW did not play their best, but that does not always equate to playing terrible.
[/quote]

It's all subjective... To him, his QB made 2 bad throws and got picked off. To us, our DB'S made 2 good plays on the ball and caused them. To us, our receiver made a bad play by fumbling after a 20 yard gain. To them, they made a good defensive play by stripping our reciever. To them, their lineman missed their assignments and their QB got sacked. To us, our D-lineman were just to fast for them and got by them. It's really a retarded argument and an endless loop. You can break a football game down over and over... all that really matters is the end result because the reasons for the cause and effect of the outcome can be said for both sides. 

[quote name="Gasilla" post="838814" timestamp="1283617730"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72416.msg838808#msg838808 date=1283617270]

[/quote]

It's all subjective... To him, his QB made 2 bad throws and got picked off. To us, our DB'S made 2 good plays on the ball and caused them. To us, our receiver made a bad play by fumbling after a 20 yard gain. To them, they made a good defensive play by stripping our reciever. To them, their lineman missed their assignments and their QB got sacked. To us, our D-lineman were just to fast for them and got by them. It's really a retarded argument and an endless loop. You can break a football game down over and over... all that really matters is the end result because the reasons for the cause and effect of the outcome can be said for both sides. 
[/quote]

True... ;)

[quote name="fwstangs" post="838809" timestamp="1283617313"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=72416.msg838807#msg838807 date=1283617188]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72416.msg838750#msg838750 date=1283613823]6 sacks. 2 picks. Poor punting. Missed blocking assignments, missed coverage assignments,  Missed a field goal he makes routinely. Defense played poorly - but as someone pointed out, our d gave up a lot of yards against Angelton. But again, again, again - some of that is the great play by WOS - and before some one gets offended, in the game of football , some of your bad plays are because the other guy beat you and some of your bad plays are because you did not execute. We had plenty of both. [/quote]

[/quote]

Do not know how many times I can say I agree. You are real good at reactionary posts, lets see your super football qualified assessment of the game. Would be a good read,  ;D
[/quote]

Wow that was really deep and analytical. Go back to your foot on the next posts - they fit your style better.  Gassy - you need glasses!!

Well, if you look back I gave it already... But I will give it again just for you.  ;D Two good teams went toe to toe and the difference was one had an accomplished kicker and the others, obviously, is not there yet. All of the other crap, as said before, can be said for both teams. I wish the refs would have stayed out of it more, but it is what it is.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I don't have to give a 2 page essay to try and exhibit my knowledge of the game. I know cause I've done it. I'll leave the trying to make impressions on a message board by tedious film breakdown to guys like you... ;) ;D

I have to be honest with you though, I can appreciate you in a way. After all of this going back and forth I have to appreciate someone who is as stubborn as I am.

Wow ! I wish I would of went to the game two good teams getting after it . Friendswood you have to admit you almost got your ace handed to you buy a very good little ole 3a team ! We at Dayton knew what you were geting into from playing them every year . Good luck to both teams for a deep play-off run.  GO BRONCO'S ---

[quote name="Gasilla" post="838820" timestamp="1283618154"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72416.msg838809#msg838809 date=1283617313]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=72416.msg838807#msg838807 date=1283617188]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72416.msg838750#msg838750 date=1283613823]6 sacks. 2 picks. Poor punting. Missed blocking assignments, missed coverage assignments,  Missed a field goal he makes routinely. Defense played poorly - but as someone pointed out, our d gave up a lot of yards against Angelton. But again, again, again - some of that is the great play by WOS - and before some one gets offended, in the game of football , some of your bad plays are because the other guy beat you and some of your bad plays are because you did not execute. We had plenty of both. [/quote]

[/quote]

Do not know how many times I can say I agree. You are real good at reactionary posts, lets see your super football qualified assessment of the game. Would be a good read,  ;D
[/quote]

Well, if you look back I gave it already... But I will give it again just for you.  ;D Two good teams went toe to toe and the difference was one had an accomplished kicker and the others, obviously, is not there yet. All of the other crap, as said before, can be said for both teams. I wish the refs would have stayed out of it more, but it is what it is.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I don't have to give a 2 page essay to try and exhibit my knowledge of the game. I know cause I've done it. I'll leave the trying to make impressions on a message board by tedious film breakdown to guys like you... ;) ;D

I have to be honest with you though, I can appreciate you in a way. After all of this going back and forth I have to appreciate someone who is as stubborn as I am.
[/quote]

I got exposed to film review when I played ball and feel it is essential. I do not have the energy for 2 pages either. Good luck!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="838814" timestamp="1283617730"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gas, what about the subjectiveness of a wet or dry field? ;) ;D

Never could figure out how a field was more wet for one team and not the other. ;) ;D ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="838847" timestamp="1283620278"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=72416.msg838814#msg838814 date=1283617730]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gas, what about the subjectiveness of a wet or dry field? ;) ;D

Never could figure out how a field was more wet for one team and not the other. ;) ;D ::)

[/quote]

Right!?! Amazing! You know, some people just play better on wet fields... LOL ;)

B/T/W- how did you know how many yards FW had? Are there some stats for this game somewhere?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont