L-Train playoffs???

I hate these "will our team make the playoffs?" so early in the season.  There are so many determining factors, other than just the team and the coach that it's a completely ridiculous speculation.

Do I hope Lumberton will make the playoffs?  Of course I do.  Do I think they will?  No idea, too soon to tell.

[quote name="Raider81" post="835011" timestamp="1283187349"]
I hate these "will our team make the playoffs?" so early in the season.  There are so many determining factors, other than just the team and the coach that it's a completely ridiculous speculation.

Do I hope Lumberton will make the playoffs?  Of course I do.  Do I think they will?  No idea, too soon to tell.
[/quote]

Its a public forum to discuss football. People can talk and speculate about anything they want. If you were to remove every thread that started with "will our" or had the word "prediction" in it, this would be a VERY boring forum.

and it is too early to predict........but if people want to predict on a public forum and stay within the rules of this forum......then GO FOR IT!

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="835014" timestamp="1283187939"]
[quote author=Raider81 link=topic=72237.msg835011#msg835011 date=1283187349]

[/quote]

Its a public forum to discuss football. People can talk and speculate about anything they want. If you were to remove every thread that started with "will our" or had the word "prediction" in it, this would be a VERY boring forum.

and it is too early to predict........but if people want to predict on a public forum and stay within the rules of this forum......then GO FOR IT!
[/quote]

I believe I met the requirements, Hippy.

Next.

It is a very scrappy, tough, district. I wish I knew more about the other teams. It is early, but if they play all 48 hard every game, they should have a shot. Will know more about Livingston after this week and will gladly pass on any thoughts as I would like for Lumberton to come out on top of Livingston in district. Not that my thoughts will matter much, but it will be interesting to see what Livingston has.

Best of luck on Lumberton making the playoffs! 

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="835029" timestamp="1283188702"]
It is a very scrappy, tough, district. I wish I knew more about the other teams. It is early, but if they play all 48 hard every game, they should have a shot. Will know more about Livingston after this week and will gladly pass on any thoughts as I would like for Lumberton to come out on top of Livingston in district. Not that my thoughts will matter much, but it will be interesting to see what Livingston has.

[b]Best of luck on Lumberton making the playoffs[/b]!   
[/quote]

Thanks from Lumberton!

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="835054" timestamp="1283191683"]
[quote author=Jbdfan link=topic=72237.msg835029#msg835029 date=1283188702]

[/quote]

Thanks from Lumberton!
[/quote]
One good thing, like it or not, Livingston is one team that Lumberton has few problems with. They are the only team we have a higher than .500 record against even including our losing seasons.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="835246" timestamp="1283210144"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=72237.msg835054#msg835054 date=1283191683]
[quote author=Jbdfan link=topic=72237.msg835029#msg835029 date=1283188702]

[/quote]
:D :D :D that is definately true old timer  :D :D :D

Thanks from Lumberton!
[/quote]
One good thing, like it or not, Livingston is one team that Lumberton has few problems with. They are the only team we have a higher than .500 record against even including our losing seasons.
[/quote]

[quote name="LumRaiderFan" post="835121" timestamp="1283197861"]
Amazing...4 weeks ago we were destined to be the "cellar dwellers" of the district and now there's talk of us making the playoffs (which I believe we will) I love it!!! 8)
[/quote]
Actually, Vidor and Ozen were picked as cellar dwellers.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="835302" timestamp="1283214535"]
[quote author=LumRaiderFan link=topic=72237.msg835121#msg835121 date=1283197861]
Amazing...4 weeks ago we were destined to be the "cellar dwellers" of the district and now there's talk of us making the playoffs (which I believe we will) I love it!!! 8)
[/quote]
Actually, Vidor and Ozen were picked as cellar dwellers.
[/quote]
Check out the posts on thread "Pre-Spring 20-4A Rankings" 8)

Last year turn over's killed Lumberton ..... they just didn't have it together.  Once they started loosing confidence in themselves; just couldn't get on track.  An injury could make a team not what it was; if it's to a key player.(#45).  I do like the HEART the young men played with being down 14-0; that you can't teach it just has to be there.  Will be interesting this year ...... GO L-TRAIN!!!

You gave up 365 yards on the ground at an 8/ypc clip. Not the stuff dreams (playoff dreams that is) are made of.

You will also find it much tougher sledding trying to run the ball in 20-4A. While I don't predict LTrain as Cellar Dwellers, I am not sold as top 4 yet either.

PNG gave up 280 through the air which is a potential problem, but I don't think we will see a QB like GP had in our district. The kid was a three year starter and very savy. Vidor & Livingston wont throw much and neither will Central. We stuffed the GP running game to a 2.4 ypc mark which is stout considering that's been their MO.

[quote name="badndn" post="835640" timestamp="1283265360"]
You gave up 365 yards on the ground at an 8/ypc clip. Not the stuff dreams (playoff dreams that is) are made of.

You will also find it much tougher sledding trying to run the ball in 20-4A. While I don't predict LTrain as Cellar Dwellers, I am not sold as top 4 yet either.

PNG gave up 280 through the air which is a potential problem, but I don't think we will see a QB like GP had in our district. The kid was a three year starter and very savy. Vidor & Livingston wont throw much and neither will Central. We stuffed the GP running game to a 2.4 ypc mark which is stout considering that's been their MO.
[/quote]
This coming from a man whose team had an explosive 68 yards rushing.

[quote name="LumRaiderFan" post="835121" timestamp="1283197861"]
[/quote]

Just about everybody makes the playoffs... Lol

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="835719" timestamp="1283270993"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=72237.msg835640#msg835640 date=1283265360]

[/quote]
This coming from a man whose team had an explosive 68 yards rushing.
[/quote]
Our two RBs averaged 4.2 ypc. While not great it aint bad either against Smallwood and co. Didn't run a lot because we were moving the ball well through the air. Ran the ball once on the opeing drive for 8 yards.

The PNG offense will not be an issue this year either by land or air. Stopping the passing game on defense on the other hand could be our boys undoing in weeks 11 and beyond against the likes of Freindswood, Brenham, Dayton and co.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder