Gregory-Portland vs. Port Neches-Groves/GP WINS 30-29!!!!!!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="1989NDN" post="833815" timestamp="1283042708"]
PN-G needs to tighten up the secondary ... the district race will be a kicking & scratching messy fight ... based on 1-week of games, LC-M and Lumberton will be better, Vidor can apparently move the football, Central will be tough despite the spanking that PAM handed them, Nederland will be in the middle of things fighting and competing, and I think a sleeper might be Ozen because they don't leave the city limits of Beaumont to play a game for 5 or 6 weeks.  I have no idea what Livingston brings to the table, but 2 or 3 seasons ago they were taking names and handling out butt whip'ins.  Here's to PN-G getting better each week, playing hard, and being in the mix for another district championship.

Go Indians.  Peace.
[/quote]

I agree.  This could be a wild district race this year.  The teams may be more evenly matched than most prognosticators thought.  Could be some teams in the playoffs that surprise some folks. Each week could be a wild ride in the District race.

PNG represented SE Texas very well, This was on Dave Campbell's website, Live blog during the game;
Pngrick72

Re: Game Updates: PN-G vs. Gregory Portland
« Reply #176 on: Today at 07:18:21 AM » Quote Modify 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Dave Campbell's live blog during the game;
  Travis Stewart: And yes, Colo ... this truthfully might be the best crowd we've had for one school, ever. Port Lavaca Calhoun two years ago is close. 
Saturday August 28, 2010 3:47 Travis Stewart
3:47  Travis Stewart: I kid you not when I say this is a sea of purple, all standing. 
Saturday August 28, 2010 3:47 Travis Stewart
3:48  Travis Stewart: And they're on our side of the stadium — right underneath me — so when PN-G scores, this place is going to get all sorts-a-kinda loud. 
  Travis Stewart: GP has a good crowd, maybe 1,500 or so, but I bet you PNG has them outnumbered 2.5 to 1. 
Travis Stewart: PN-G's mascot outfit, a purple indian in full gear, is very nice.  Travis Stewart: Nice PNG chant rumbling through the stadium, here. And the Indians fans are on their feet! 
Saturday August 28, 2010 3:56 Travis Stewart
  Travis Stewart: Man. I don't see an empty seat on this side, anywhere. 
Saturday August 28, 2010 Saturday August 28, 2010  Travis Stewart: Man. I don't see an empty seat on this side, anywhere. 
Saturday August 28, 2010 3:56 Travis Stewart
3:57  Travis Stewart: Estimates ranging anywhere from 4,000 to 6,000 for PNG's side.

Saturday August 28, 2010 3:57 Travis Stewart  Travis Stewart: Streaking out onto the field in the purple tops, while pants and white numbers. A classy uniform, indeed. 
Saturday August 28, 2010 3:59 Travis Stewart
4:00  Travis Stewart: And the stadium rumbles with the PNG side's clapping.  Travis Stewart: WOW -- it's loud in here. Holy cow! I haven't heard it that loud here since the 2007 playoffs!

I was at game, I don't think GP was that great. Our secondary is that bad. We didn't pressure the QB near enough and made thier QB look like Drew Brees. On offense WR's dropped several balls when they were wide open, two of which wouldve been TD's. RB not finishing runs, OL kept pressure off of Doty. GoD it's first game because slot of work is needed IMO. Let Browning kick a FG. Why would you not let him kick that because you might be in situation later in the year. Congrats GP

[quote name="hookem14" post="834197" timestamp="1283090959"]
I’ve noticed more and more over the years that people who criticize coaches for their calls or ESPECIALLY players for their play did not,( in most cases), play themselves.  For if they did, they would know better!!
[/quote]

It may seem like that, but the reason is it's always easier to criticize the decision after it's made.  Hind sights always 20/20 right?  And I hear you saying people shouldn't do that and should always support the coach.  I agree, but good luck on that one.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="SgtRey" post="833940" timestamp="1283050041"]
[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=72027.msg833927#msg833927 date=1283049729]
fyi, Gregory-Portland has a smaller enrollment than PNG, they're listed at 1400 students.
[/quote]FYI "Butches" GP beat PNG, so it doesn't matter. ;)
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="hookem14" post="834197" timestamp="1283090959"]
I’ve noticed more and more over the years that people who criticize coaches for their calls or ESPECIALLY players for their play did not,( in most cases), play themselves.  For if they did, they would know better!!
[/quote]

Believe what you want, but it's the truth.  Take the 3 there and you more than likely win the game.  Even a QB sneak with a QB that tall, would have been a better call.  I respect your opinion though...  Even good coaches make mistakes.  Especially in the first game.

Great game, PNG!  You'll be fine.  I'm glad we got the chance and experience to play GP, and at the Alamodome. Coach Faircloth & company will work out the "kinks" and PNG will continue to be a "force" to be reckoned with. BTW...#4, Jace Nelson...WOW!!!! is all I can say!

[quote author=hookem14 link=topic=72027.msg834197#msg834197 date=1283090959]
[/quote
I'm assuming your talking to me. This is where people give thier opinion. Not trying to down kids just saying where our weakness looked like in game. Btw most of the people on here did play. If I'm wrong on any of my observations then please tell me where I'm wrong. I think coaches will have the kids ready for district.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="834311" timestamp="1283102971"]
[quote author=hookem14 link=topic=72027.msg834197#msg834197 date=1283090959]
[/quote
I'm assuming your talking to me. This is where people give thier opinion. Not trying to down kids just saying where our weakness looked like in game. Btw most of the people on here did play. If I'm wrong on any of my observations then please tell me where I'm wrong. I think coaches will have the kids ready for district.
[/quote]
I didn't play... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder