Jasper at Lumberton/LUMBERTON WINS 56-35!!!!!

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="834357" timestamp="1283106793"]
[quote author=WTB link=topic=71996.msg834142#msg834142 date=1283066527]
Raideroldertimer- you have questions the coaches a few times mainly on Hughes playing QB. I might have over reacted but I hate when people disrespect coaches who spend 7 days a week working for a team/town. These guys dont deserve to be questioned after what they did for Lumberton. This is a place that expects to be in the playoffs every year after 48 years of nothing yet we hear about speculation from people who cut lawns for a living.
[/quote]
Well first of all, yes I did say they OUGHT to move Hughes over to running back, not for lack of respect, but because as I said before he would be a marquee back, he is that good at running the ball. My guess is you're probably his dad, because I understand from others that his dad is pretty adamant that he play QB, I will say this though, after seeing the play where he hands the ball off to the running back then leads him through the line as a blocker, I can understand why the coach has him at QB. Nothing against Purks, he's a good kid, but Hughes does a much better job on that particular play, in my opinion it tips the scales on the QB selection. I'm just glad we actually have two QB's capable of starting for most any team in the area. As far as cutting lawns for a living, those that I know do that make pretty good money at it, as for me, I cut my own lawn and that's it. By suggesting he [b]ought[/b], I don't feel I'm questioning the coach at all, it is purely speculation, something that is done in this forum quite often. This forum is for people to smack talk, to express their opinions and frankly just to have fun talking to people with like interest. Plus, if you were to ever just stand near where my friends and I watch the game, you would hear ME, that's right me, defending the coaches decisions to my friends when they go off because of a blown play. Relax, Ryan will get a scholarship as a QB and maybe with luck we can see him leading the Texans to their first ever Superbowl and that will be irregardless of my opinion on his running back abilities or YOUR opinion that I'm trying to coach the team.
[/quote] ;) ;)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No noone should hate and yes it definately falls to coaches and sponsors to teach these teens to kneel in that situation but I know some of them have been in that position before and should have taken leadership. It was even announced that a knee should be taken.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="834357" timestamp="1283106793"]
[quote author=WTB link=topic=71996.msg834142#msg834142 date=1283066527]
Raideroldertimer- you have questions the coaches a few times mainly on Hughes playing QB. I might have over reacted but I hate when people disrespect coaches who spend 7 days a week working for a team/town. These guys dont deserve to be questioned after what they did for Lumberton. This is a place that expects to be in the playoffs every year after 48 years of nothing yet we hear about speculation from people who cut lawns for a living.
[/quote]
Well first of all, yes I did say they OUGHT to move Hughes over to running back, not for lack of respect, but because as I said before he would be a marquee back, he is that good at running the ball. My guess is you're probably his dad, because I understand from others that his dad is pretty adamant that he play QB, I will say this though, after seeing the play where he hands the ball off to the running back then leads him through the line as a blocker, I can understand why the coach has him at QB. Nothing against Purks, he's a good kid, but Hughes does a much better job on that particular play, in my opinion it tips the scales on the QB selection. I'm just glad we actually have two QB's capable of starting for most any team in the area. As far as cutting lawns for a living, those that I know do that make pretty good money at it, as for me, I cut my own lawn and that's it. By suggesting he [b]ought[/b], I don't feel I'm questioning the coach at all, it is purely speculation, something that is done in this forum quite often. This forum is for people to smack talk, to express their opinions and frankly just to have fun talking to people with like interest. Plus, if you were to ever just stand near where my friends and I watch the game, you would hear ME, that's right me, defending the coaches decisions to my friends when they go off because of a blown play. Relax, Ryan will get a scholarship as a QB and maybe with luck we can see him leading the Texans to their first ever Superbowl and that will be irregardless of my opinion on his running back abilities or YOUR opinion that I'm trying to coach the team.
[/quote]

Raider Old Timer:  Hi this is Ryan Hughes' dad Chuck.  You are a funny guy, but I would appreciate it if you left me or the mention of me out of your posts.  I know you have your opinion and that's fine, but you do have many of your facts wrong.  It is the coach on every football team that decides who the QB is, not the father.  Why would you even bring me into the discussion?  WTB is a very young and former Lumberton Assistant coach and very knowledgeable about Lumberton Football.  I wish I was his age, but I am much older.  If you want Ryan to play runningback, then go talk to Coach Credeur or shut up.  Thank you.

Guest BIG HOUSE
Ryan Hughes should be the QB and Ryan Asher should be the RB......They are the best at these positions.....
Always remember, a passing QB is always unaccounted for when he decideds to run...

Morrisee did pretty good considering. He had a few mistakes which are to be expected at this stage of the game, but all in all he did well. They have to protect the ball in the progression of their play actions/fake hand offs. There were a few miscues in this area. Not all of which were his fault. They didn't try to pass much, so cant gauge that area of his performance. When they did, passes should have been caught. I personally wish they would swap him in and out with #2 and let them mix it up at the QB/TB positions. i think 2 can throw down the field and see the field better. I AM NOT questioning the coach, just my opinion and think as much as they can both run and pass and both know the offense, it would be very effective. Would give him a B grade for first game myself.

Livingston will be another good test for Jasper. They have a very athletic QB from what I hear and good RBs. I am not sure beyond that, but the QB has a reputation of being a stud. We will see. Jasper impressed me with their talent and ability. Defense needs some work and coaching, but the talent is there. Not sure why the LBs were playing so far back the other night. I know the Hughes kid could pass, but LB's cant be safeties. They need to be reading and reacting. Jasper boys keep your heads up because you looked good overall and if you eliminate errors and some youthful decisions, you will be good.     

Guest GORAIDERS
I just want to say that I am very proud of the Lumberton Raiders. Those guys, all of them, fought hard in the game against Jasper. I watched Ryan Hughes totally assume that leadership role on the sidelines Friday night. They are a team, led by an outstanding young man. I look forward to an awesome season by those wonderful, awesome, mighty, RAIDERS! The leadership on a team can make a huge difference in the season and I think we all know that! In my opinion, Lumberton has some special young men to lead our team. Honestly, I was disappointed in Jasper not taking a knee when Richardson was down, but with them apparently, from reading the posts, being such a young team, I can only hope that the coach talks to those young men and they will be respectful should the situation occur in the future. I want to wish both the Bulldogs and the Raiders luck in their season. Let's all pray for the health and safety of ALL these young men!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="834994" timestamp="1283186346"]
I don't remember Lumberton scrimmaging Kibblyville in the recent past.  When was that?  I think you guys need to worry about playing Jasper who is on your schedule for later this year.
[/quote] Yes we have and nobody is worried about Jasper. Im just saying.

[quote name="Raider81" post="835004" timestamp="1283187026"]
I think who everyone should be looking out for this year is Vidor.

They just had a 2 OT game against a team that went to the finals in 2008 and lost to Lake Travis.
[/quote] Not worried about them either, we went to the state finals last year as well.

Ahh, speak for yourself, but I promise you, no one with any sense in Kville including Coach Alvarez is overlooking Jasper. I think it will be a very good game as the teams seem to be similar in many ways. It is a good ways down the road, but I think Jasper and Kville  will be 1&2 in district barring any major injuries or grade set backs.

Jasper and Kville both have very tough pre-district schedules for 3a teams and will be well prepared for district. I think most of the districts in our area have teams that will be interesting to watch in the playoffs. Great for local football. i hope Kville beats Newton this week. Good luck.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="835031" timestamp="1283188827"]
[quote author=Raider81 link=topic=71996.msg835004#msg835004 date=1283187026]

They just had a 2 OT game against a team that went to the finals in 2008 and lost to Lake Travis.
[/quote] Not worried about them either, we went to the state finals last year as well.
[/quote]

[b]In 2A, not 4A[/b].  Texas High would have [b]DESTROYED[/b] Kirbyville last year!  

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="835031" timestamp="1283188827"]

[/quote]

Is Vidor in your district?  No?  Then there's no reason for you to worry about them anyway.

[quote name="AstrosDawg07" post="835129" timestamp="1283198872"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=71996.msg835031#msg835031 date=1283188827]

[/quote]

[b]In 2A, not 4A[/b].  Texas High would have [b]DESTROYED[/b] Kirbyville last year!  
[/quote]

Please don't destroy us....We like us... > ;D

[quote name="Raider81" post="835161" timestamp="1283201550"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=71996.msg835031#msg835031 date=1283188827]

[/quote]

Is Vidor in your district?  No?  Then there's no reason for you to worry about them anyway.
[/quote] Why are you so offended by me stating that i wished Kirbyville played your Raiders??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder