Raider score board and sound system

LTrain

Guest LR1969
You couldn't hear it anyway due to that annoying train whistle. Don't get me wrong. I like the whistle but not every 5 seconds. Give it a rest from time to time!

I talked with the organizer, a local real estate agent, and the scoreboard is expected to be completed on Monday after the Jasper game.  The new LED scoreboard will be 32' wide and the system will include a new sound system.  Too bad it won't be ready for the Jasper game.  The old scoreboard was checked out and they said it was fine for the Jasper game. 

[quote name="Bucky" post="829482" timestamp="1282585688"]
Sims had NOTHING to do with the Scoreboard.....If he did Lumberton wouldn't have one!!!
[/quote]

No, that would be George Talbot.  It was told during project grad meetings last year that some point, funds had been donated for a new scoreboard, Talbot was contacted and he said, "We'll take the money, but it won't be spent on a scoreboard." so the donation was not made.

[quote name="LHSALLZONE" post="829734" timestamp="1282612040"]
raider 81, if that is true , wich ive seen & heard of him doing this in the past -what a jerk.  time to pressure his position, this is getting old, hes definately not for the athletic program
[/quote] yep , the good ole boy club has got to go, it's been here for waaaaaaay too long my friend! born and raised here, it IS time for change!!

[quote name="Raider81" post="829702" timestamp="1282608277"]
[quote author=Bucky link=topic=71918.msg829482#msg829482 date=1282585688]
Sims had NOTHING to do with the Scoreboard.....If he did Lumberton wouldn't have one!!!
[/quote]

No, that would be George Talbot.  It was told during project grad meetings last year that some point, funds had been donated for a new scoreboard, Talbot was contacted and he said, "We'll take the money, but it won't be spent on a scoreboard." so the donation was not made.
[/quote]

Your Right!!  that would be Talbot....Not Sims ... My bad!! 

[quote name="LHSALLZONE" post="829734" timestamp="1282612040"]
raider 81, if that is true , wich ive seen & heard of him doing this in the past -what a jerk.  time to pressure his position, this is getting old, hes definately not for the athletic program
[/quote]

He's in charge of operations, which means he makes decisions on just about everything.  I'm thinking he should be around retirement age, though.  He is a jerk and always has been. 

Guest LR1969
I'm all for "books over footballs" but if someone makes a donation to put up a scoreboard, I think it's ridiculous that one person could nix that donation. What disturbs me is if the donation was put forth and Talbot did nix it, where were all of the other people who could've stood up and stopped him (Sims, school board, athletic dept., etc.)? He must carry a big stick!

[quote name="LR1969" post="829944" timestamp="1282663799"]
I'm all for "books over footballs" but if someone makes a donation to put up a scoreboard, I think it's ridiculous that one person could nix that donation. What disturbs me is if the donation was put forth and Talbot did nix it, where were all of the other people who could've stood up and stopped him (Sims, school board, athletic dept., etc.)? He must carry a big stick!
[/quote]

I'm not sure exactly when it was, so I don't know if it was during Sims time or not.  It could very well have been during the time when the previous superintendent was still the super, but not really there, if you take my meaning.  When I wrote to Sims about the sound equipment last year, I mentioned the scoreboard issue.  It was denied, of course, but as we're getting a new one this year, with an apparent backer, I'm thinking there's some crawfishing going on.

[quote name="LTrain" post="830107" timestamp="1282690441"]
It was during  Simms Era, it was last year, there were 4 people donating money for a new scoreboard and sound system and the rersponse was that they would take the money and use it as they see fit  >:(
[/quote]

That's Talbot for you.  Just like I said ... crawfishin'!

The name is Talbert not Talbot. Head of operations gives him more pull and power than you would imagine, not always seen eye to eye with folks and I cant blame em...Im an LISD employee so i'll keep the shots at him and all my other 100 bosses to a minimum, but yea, much needs to be changed with the admin in Lumberton. Started with Holloman hiring his buddy Fuller to the AD position in 00...but back to topic, the scoreboard is a go, Texas Scorboard and a few other private contractors have been in and out of the stadium all week laying the groundwork. It will include a new sound system, should be a legitimate upgrade. Just be glad it finally happened fellow raider fans!!

[quote name="LR1969" post="829204" timestamp="1282523050"]
You couldn't hear it anyway due to that annoying train whistle. Don't get me wrong. I like the whistle but not every 5 seconds. Give it a rest from time to time!
[/quote]

You must not go to many games. The horn only goes off at the opening of the game. Touch downs. Field goals. Extra points. The start of the second half. Turn overs. Well Lumberton must have been some bad boys to be scoring points every 5 seconds along with turn overs to go in the mix. If you like the whistle then shut up sit down and enjoy a start of a great tradition.

[quote name="bojangles" post="831008" timestamp="1282798936"]
The name is Talbert not Talbot. Head of operations gives him more pull and power than you would imagine, not always seen eye to eye with folks and I cant blame em...Im an LISD employee so i'll keep the shots at him and all my other 100 bosses to a minimum, but yea, much needs to be changed with the admin in Lumberton. Started with Holloman hiring his buddy Fuller to the AD position in 00...but back to topic, the scoreboard is a go, Texas Scorboard and a few other private contractors have been in and out of the stadium all week laying the groundwork. It will include a new sound system, should be a legitimate upgrade. Just be glad it finally happened fellow raider fans!!
[/quote]

Pardon me, my boss' name is Talbot and yanno, I just type that one more often.  ;)

Any time one person is given as much power as Talbert has, there will be problems.  Kinda like when Boss Hogg had complete control of the city.  Whew!  Glad that's over.

I'm looking forward to the new scoreboard and the new sound system.  I'm always disheartened when I visit my alma mater and find it in disrepair.  I always wonder where all the money goes and it truly hurts my heart. 

[quote name="Raider81" post="831143" timestamp="1282835106"]
[quote author=bojangles link=topic=71918.msg831008#msg831008 date=1282798936]
[/quote]

Pardon me, my boss' name is Talbot and yanno, I just type that one more often.  ;)

Any time one person is given as much power as Talbert has, there will be problems.  Kinda like when Boss Hogg had complete control of the city.  Whew!  Glad that's over.

I'm looking forward to the new scoreboard and the new sound system.  I'm always disheartened when I visit my alma mater and find it in disrepair.  I always wonder where all the money goes and it truly hurts my heart. 
[/quote]you always hear about starting a tradition, well it's not good to have a winning team and have someone keeping score on a chalkboard! keep the upgrades rollin'   

Guest LR1969
[quote name="goodsport" post="831018" timestamp="1282803828"]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=71918.msg829204#msg829204 date=1282523050]
[/quote]

You must not go to many games. The horn only goes off at the opening of the game. Touch downs. Field goals. Extra points. The start of the second half. Turn overs. Well Lumberton must have been some bad boys to be scoring points every 5 seconds along with turn overs to go in the mix. If you like the whistle then shut up sit down and enjoy a start of a great tradition.
[/quote]

Don't think the "shut up" was deserved buddy. And, I do take in a lot of games and I listen to everyone around me gripe about the whistle. It goes off at every first down, every time more than a few yards is gained and it's gotten annoying to a lot of "fans". If it were only on TD's, "BIG" plays, etc. I would welcome this "tradition" but if it's over-used it negates it's whole purpose!! Again, just made an observation and stated an opinion so I would appreciate it if you could keep the "shut-ups" to a minimum. Thanks!

[quote name="LR1969" post="831215" timestamp="1282845894"]
[quote author=goodsport link=topic=71918.msg831018#msg831018 date=1282803828]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=71918.msg829204#msg829204 date=1282523050]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't think the "shut up" was deserved buddy. And, I do take in a lot of games and I listen to everyone around me gripe about the whistle. It goes off at every first down, every time more than a few yards is gained and it's gotten annoying to a lot of "fans". If it were only on TD's, "BIG" plays, etc. I would welcome this "tradition" but if it's over-used it negates it's whole purpose!! Again, just made an observation and stated an opinion so I would appreciate it if you could keep the "shut-ups" to a minimum. Thanks!
[/quote]
I don't mind the horn so much as the "Another Raider FIRST down" taken right from LCM's announcer a few years back, at least the train horn is more original. Besides, that's what has inspired our nickname, The Train.  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder