Lumberton Stand-Out transferred to Lamar

[quote name="LHS ALLZONE" post="827508" timestamp="1282259336"]
its for real , talked to anthony on cell phone & he told me lu still waiting for smu ad to sign release . its sitting on his desk as of about 1:00. just wanted to be home, thats it. 2 month  at smu taking classes
& working out & practicing, just had to come home
[/quote]

Wow!!! is all i can say. With Coleman and the other LBs there along with Anthony it looks like they are going to have one heck of a linebacking core. Good luck Anthony and welcome home. GO CARDS

if anthony had played in a game he would sit out until next year, but he has not played in a game , he is eligable right now, its done . he has his equipment ,# ect. , only waiting on some medical shot records to be sent to lamar, he might be dressed up tonight, but i think it will be monday, he has 4 full years. go cards

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="826937" timestamp="1282161765"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=71793.msg826933#msg826933 date=1282161273]
I always believed if Lamar could get the area's stars to sign they'd be alright.
[/quote]

Well , maybe after this season they will be able to sign some stars.
[/quote]

chavis, chavis, bear, bevil, etc...  Maybe if Ned ever gets any talent we'll sign them too.

[quote author=LHSALLZONE link=topic=71793.msg828671#msg828671 date=1282438312]
if anthony had played in a game he would sit out until next year, but he has not played in a game , he is eligable right now, its done . he has his equipment ,# ect. , only waiting on some medical shot records to be sent to lamar, he might be dressed up tonight, but i think it will be monday, he has 4 full years. go cards
[/quote

Man, that is awesome.  I am so glad seeing some of our top talent staying here!  From what I hear he is loaded with talent.  I hope he works his ass off and becomes as good as he can be.  I already have my season tickets and its going to be a blast watching all these kids playing on the same team in high school.  Hopefully the local talent will continue to want to play at LU.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="828887" timestamp="1282486769"]
Is it because all of these kids are not getting playing time at other schools and think they can get some at LU or what? SMU degree IMO would alot better on a resume then LU. Can't play ball forever, just reality. Anyways, happy thier coming to LU, but curious of why.
[/quote]it is what it is, it's good to see local talent here, something that didn't happen in the past.

anthony has been working hard since hes back , but remember he went 2 months of training &  10 days of practice & conditioning, full contact already , so hopefully learning the 4-2-5 d wont b a problem. i think a lot of verbage  &  base play is like the 4-3 hes played in magallion told him this i believe

[quote name="LTrain" post="828879" timestamp="1282485715"]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=71793.msg828651#msg828651 date=1282433281]
Umm....I dont believe hanna is with Lamar. Hussey is, but not Hanna. Last I heard Hanna was with West Texas a&m.
[/quote]
Hanna transferred to Lamar to  ;)
[/quote]

I also read somewhere that Hanna would not be practicing with the team until classes start this upcoming week?  Is this correct?

[quote name="Spanky" post="828984" timestamp="1282500233"]
[quote author=LTrain link=topic=71793.msg828879#msg828879 date=1282485715]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=71793.msg828651#msg828651 date=1282433281]
Umm....I dont believe hanna is with Lamar. Hussey is, but not Hanna. Last I heard Hanna was with West Texas a&m.
[/quote]
Hanna transferred to Lamar to  ;)
[/quote]

I also read somewhere that Hanna would not be practicing with the team until classes start this upcoming week?  Is this correct?
[/quote]yes, you are correct.

Im friends of the fam, yes he had a 500,000 dollar scholarship. He wont have to sit regardless of whether he played a game or not, u dont sit when u go from D1A to D1AA...he's also engaged to a cheerleader at LU he was with in hs....that should shine all the light u need on ur questions

[quote name="bojangles" post="829325" timestamp="1282533972"]
Im friends of the fam, yes he had a 500,000 dollar scholarship. He wont have to sit regardless of whether he played a game or not, u dont sit when u go from D1A to D1AA...he's also engaged to a cheerleader at LU he was with in hs....that should shine all the light u need on ur questions
[/quote]that is exactly what I heard last week, pretty much word for word.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder