Lumberton Stand-Out transferred to Lamar

not to be repetitive, but his main reason for coming home is that he wanted to be home ,period. no hidden agendas.  he did ask his girlfriend that in the future, they could get married, this happend about
2 to 3 weeks ago. he went to smu in late june a mandatory request by coach jones for all first year guys.  as i posted before , i talked to him every week ,several times a week, while at smu, his grades where good, his conditioning was good every coach i talked with at smu said he was doing fine, that he was awsome on the field (full contact ) then about  2 weeks ago anthony had a change of heart at the same time the coaches could see that change also. no wandering why guys, this is it.
coaches called us, ad called us, press called us, ac had no problems other than home sick, its his decision, dont be confussed. u think we wouldnt like to see him at this college. he passed on full offers from ,arizona,wyoming,colorado,colorado st, sfa, missouri,ect., he thought smu was close enough home,
he just wanted to be home. buy the way, his offer was closer to 380.000  . most of his offers was around 330,00. hope no one else has a second thought on this ,u would be worrying for nothing

[quote name="LHSALLZONE" post="829750" timestamp="1282613552"]
not to be repetitive, but his main reason for coming home is that he wanted to be home ,period. no hidden agendas.  he did ask his girlfriend that in the future, they could get married, this happend about
2 to 3 weeks ago. he went to smu in late june a mandatory request by coach jones for all first year guys.  as i posted before , i talked to him every week ,several times a week, while at smu, his grades where good, his conditioning was good every coach i talked with at smu said he was doing fine, that he was awsome on the field (full contact ) then about  2 weeks ago anthony had a change of heart at the same time the coaches could see that change also. no wandering why guys, this is it.
coaches called us, ad called us, press called us, ac had no problems other than home sick, its his decision, dont be confussed. u think we wouldnt like to see him at this college. he passed on full offers from ,arizona,wyoming,colorado,colorado st, sfa, missouri,ect., he thought smu was close enough home,
he just wanted to be home. buy the way, his offer was closer to 380.000  . most of his offers was around 330,00. hope no one else has a second thought on this ,u would be worrying for nothing
[/quote]We love the fact that anthony is here, and I think I speak for everyone! everything happens for a reason my friend!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="828887" timestamp="1282486769"]
Is it because all of these kids are not getting playing time at other schools and think they can get some at LU or what? SMU degree IMO would alot better on a resume then LU. Can't play ball forever, just reality. Anyways, happy thier coming to LU, but curious of why.
[/quote]
While the SMU degree would look pretty good, it would really depend on what his majar was. LU has one of the best engineering programs in the country, so if that's his study he might actually come out better.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="829837" timestamp="1282624240"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=71793.msg828887#msg828887 date=1282486769]
Is it because all of these kids are not getting playing time at other schools and think they can get some at LU or what? SMU degree IMO would alot better on a resume then LU. Can't play ball forever, just reality. Anyways, happy thier coming to LU, but curious of why.
[/quote]
While the SMU degree would look pretty good, it would really depend on what his majar was. LU has one of the best engineering programs in the country, so if that's his study he might actually come out better.
[/quote]

I said IMO, and you have yours. Glad he's at LU. Really don't want to argue schools over a kid making a decision. Good Luck to him.
But for sense of argument:
Best Universities
Top Engineering Colleges
Ranking by graduateshotline.com 2009
S.No University/College
1 Massachusetts Inst of Technology 
2 Stanford University 
3 University of California-Berkeley 
4 California Institute Technology
5 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 
6 Georgia Institute of Technology 
7 University of Michigan
8 Cornell University
9 Carnegie Mellon University 
10 University of Texas at Austin
11 Purdue University 
12 University of California- San Diego 
13 University of California- Los Angeles
14 Texas A&M University 
15 Princeton University 
16 Pennsylvania State University 
17 University of Wisconsin-Madison
18 University of Maryland College Park 
19 Harvard University
20 University of California-Santa Barbara 
21 University of Southern California
22 University of Minnesota 
23 Northwestern University
24 Johns Hopkins University
25 Virginia Polytech Inst & State University
26 Ohio State University 
27 University of Virginia
28 Columbia University (FU)
29 University of Pennsylvania 
30 Duke University
31 Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst
32 North Carolina State University
33 Rice University
34 University of Washington
35 University of Florida 
36 University of California-Davis 
37 Washington University -St. Louis
38 Yale University 
39 University of Massachusetts at Amherst
40 Michigan State University
41 Iowa State University 
42 University of Arizona
43 University of California-Irvine 
44 University of Colorado-Boulder
45 Case Western Reserve University
46 Rutgers State University-New Brunswick
47 University of Notre Dame
48 Lehigh university
49 Northeastern University
50 University of Rochester 
51 University of Delaware 
52 University of Iowa
53 Brown University
54 Arizona State University
55 Drexel University

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="829957" timestamp="1282668508"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=71793.msg829837#msg829837 date=1282624240]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=71793.msg828887#msg828887 date=1282486769]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I said IMO, and you have yours. Glad he's at LU. Really don't want to argue schools over a kid making a decision. 
Good Luck to him.
But for sense of argument:
Best Universities
Top Engineering Colleges
Ranking by graduateshotline.com 2009
S.No University/College
1 Massachusetts Inst of Technology 
2 Stanford University 
3 University of California-Berkeley 
4 California Institute Technology
5 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 
6 Georgia Institute of Technology 
7 University of Michigan
8 Cornell University
9 Carnegie Mellon University 
10 University of Texas at Austin
11 Purdue University 
12 University of California- San Diego 
13 University of California- Los Angeles
14 Texas A&M University 
15 Princeton University 
16 Pennsylvania State University 
17 University of Wisconsin-Madison
18 University of Maryland College Park 
19 Harvard University
20 University of California-Santa Barbara 
21 University of Southern California
22 University of Minnesota 
23 Northwestern University
24 Johns Hopkins University
25 Virginia Polytech Inst & State University
26 Ohio State University 
27 University of Virginia
28 Columbia University (FU)
29 University of Pennsylvania 
30 Duke University
31 Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst
32 North Carolina State University
33 Rice University
34 University of Washington
35 University of Florida 
36 University of California-Davis 
37 Washington University -St. Louis
38 Yale University 
39 University of Massachusetts at Amherst
40 Michigan State University
41 Iowa State University 
42 University of Arizona
43 University of California-Irvine 
44 University of Colorado-Boulder
45 Case Western Reserve University
46 Rutgers State University-New Brunswick
47 University of Notre Dame
48 Lehigh university
49 Northeastern University
50 University of Rochester 
51 University of Delaware 
52 University of Iowa
53 Brown University
54 Arizona State University
55 Drexel University

[/quote]
then why did you post 55 schools trying to prove your opinion ?

I didn't see SMU on your list of 55 either.  I think the point is Lamar is a good engineering school.  Besides Lamar and McNeese, there's not too many local schools you can get an engineering degree from.  Not at SFA, SHSU, or Tx State or other Southland conference schools.

[quote name="Domination Station" post="830430" timestamp="1282708238"]
I didn't see SMU on your list of 55 either.  I think the point is Lamar is a good engineering school.  Besides Lamar and McNeese, there's not too many local schools you can get an engineering degree from.  Not at SFA, SHSU, or Tx State or other Southland conference schools.
[/quote]

Come on, are really putting LU academics up against SMU? Really? I'll stop so the thread can stay on point.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder