Anthony Beard transferring to Lamar..NOW OFFICAL!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="826961" timestamp="1282165050"]
[font=Courier]I don't know what happened up in Dallas, but he's been off the SMU roster for a while. [/font]
[/quote]

I saw him in a picture of him attending the scrimmage last week, so I went and saw SMU's roster (this past sunday), he was still listed so I didn't want to start a rumor... but here he is now.

there is still some paperwork that lu is waiting on from smu & what i understand some paper work has to go to ill. ,something about his letter of intent,not quiet sure.  as for as smu goes , anthonys main reason
was he wanted to be at home period. he spent 2 months at smu & was doing good in class, all fresh had to attend.  he was also impressive at football time according to the coaches we have talked to. he
liked the coaches & players & college , he just wanted to come home. this is the same reason that he did not sign with arizona,colorado,missouri, colorado state,wyoming .ect. he thought that smu was close enough home but he just could not  shake wantng to be closer to home. shsu & sfa are closer  & sfa
is close to home, its just that he has so many freinds at lamar & plus he really likes the coaches ,coach
mac, lb coach is really his favorite. no other reasons guys & when smu & other paperwork is done he will be at lamar for the next 4 years, he is eligible  for 4 years, he did not play at smu ,just enrolled . smu coaches have called many times to tell us that he is truely a talent  annd was  scripted in to be a big part of their defense this year, they are sick & so are we , as a family, smu told us to stick behind him ,& w are, we are buying tickets & lamar clothing , go cards

[quote name="LHS ALLZONE" post="827149" timestamp="1282189622"]
there is still some paperwork that lu is waiting on from smu & what i understand some paper work has to go to ill. ,something about his letter of intent,not quiet sure.  as for as smu goes , anthonys main reason
was he wanted to be at home period. he spent 2 months at smu & was doing good in class, all fresh had to attend.  he was also impressive at football time according to the coaches we have talked to. he
liked the coaches & players & college , he just wanted to come home. this is the same reason that he did not sign with arizona,colorado,missouri, colorado state,wyoming .ect. he thought that smu was close enough home but he just could not  shake wantng to be closer to home. shsu & sfa are closer  & sfa
is close to home, its just that he has so many freinds at lamar & plus he really likes the coaches ,coach
mac, lb coach is really his favorite. no other reasons guys & when smu & other paperwork is done he will be at lamar for the next 4 years, he is eligible  for 4 years, he did not play at smu ,just enrolled . smu coaches have called many times to tell us that he is truely a talent  annd was  scripted in to be a big part of their defense this year, they are sick & so are we , as a family, smu told us to stick behind him ,& w are, we are buying tickets & lamar clothing , go cards
[/quote]

Can you please clarify your relationship with the kid? Parent, friend, family, fan?

[quote name="bigred360" post="827259" timestamp="1282229600"]
Sounds like a parent to me. Thanks for the information regarding the situation at SMU. Glad he was just homesick and there wasn't anything else causing he to leave Dallas.
[/quote]

yeah, lol, I just noticed it says "as a family" in the post. Must have been skimming  ;D

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="827348" timestamp="1282241604"]
With Jacob Hanna already transferring and now Anthony Beard, LU will have 5 really talented kids from Lumberton's [b]back to back district [color=purple][size=12pt]CO-[/size][/color]champ teams [/b] on the roster.  I think all 5 of these guys will be big contributors before they finish there LU careers.
[/quote]
;)

Glad he will be at LU. This kid was a real Beast!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder