Provost Umphrey Stadium vs Carrol "Butch" Thomas Stadium

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="826441" timestamp="1282073552"]
Citizens of Beaumont better hope the BISD stadium does.  Umphrey has plenty of funds to justify building the stadium for Lamar, as far as BISD, they better hope this thing generates some type of revenue, or it is going to do for BISD what Ford Park has done for Beaumont.
[/quote]

I don't know that you can compare Thomas Center to Ford Park.  After the initial construction costs are accounted for, BISD will save money by having to do repairs and upkeep for only one stadium as opposed to two, plus not having to pay Lamar U. rent for Old Cardinal Stadium to house Ozen.  Plus, come playoff time, the stadium increases the probability of BISD schools hosting their playoff games at Thomas Center (I think I recall Coach Stump stating so in the past) rather than having to travel to Baytown or Houston.  This will cut down on travel expenses for BISD.  

Will it host many playoff games not involving BISD teams, doubtful.  But the reason is the same reason that I don't think you'll see an increase of playoff games at Provost-Umphrey, geography.

[quote name="BORAM" post="826447" timestamp="1282073932"]
Doesn't matter to me....but Umphrey Stadium will see more money from my wallet than the other one.
[/quote]Can it, turbo boy!!! LOL j/k ;D I would venture to say that BISD will host more playoff games than the other. BISD will be a nicer facility, when it's all done, plus like SFA said, its got better access off of IH-10.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="826550" timestamp="1282089532"]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=71725.msg826447#msg826447 date=1282073932]
Doesn't matter to me....but Umphrey Stadium will see more money from my wallet than the other one.
[/quote]Can it, turbo boy!!! LOL j/k ;D I would venture to say that BISD will host more playoff games than the other. BISD will be a nicer facility, when it's all done, plus like SFA said, its got better access off of IH-10.
[/quote]

What kind of setup do yall have?  Do you make it out to Evadale much?  I have a turbo 04 cobra, but I just blew the motor up as I was unaware that I didn't have enough fuel for a pumpgas pass...time for a rebuild.  I don't live in the area now as I'm in the DFW area, but I make it down from time to time.  I have a friend in Groves who has a fox body with a 88mm turbo I believe.

Depends on how much our area coaches fight for local playoff games, I see Houston still getting the bulk of the games though in the 4a and 5a levels and since Butch has to get his pay that would leave Lamar, PNG and other area stadiums more affordable for the smaller school playoffs. I wonder who gets paid more, the Chancellor of Texas State University Systems regents or Butch the BISD Superintendent.

[quote name="90PNGNDN" post="826720" timestamp="1282137182"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=71725.msg826550#msg826550 date=1282089532]
[/quote]

What kind of setup do yall have?  Do you make it out to Evadale much?  I have a turbo 04 cobra, but I just blew the motor up as I was unaware that I didn't have enough fuel for a pumpgas pass...time for a rebuild.  I don't live in the area now as I'm in the DFW area, but I make it down from time to time.  I have a friend in Groves who has a fox body with a 88mm turbo I believe.
[/quote]I am currently in the middle of a rebuild. I split the stock E7 block in half while at a race in FLorida last March. Going back together with a DART Sportsman block with a 347 ci rotating assy. Sending the heads off to Fox Lake to have them ported and flowed. It should go somewhere in the 9.70 range when its finally back together. . Sorry, didn't mean to hjack your thread.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="826453" timestamp="1282074508"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=71725.msg826441#msg826441 date=1282073552]
Citizens of Beaumont better hope the BISD stadium does.  Umphrey has plenty of funds to justify building the stadium for Lamar, as far as BISD, they better hope this thing generates some type of revenue, or it is going to do for BISD what Ford Park has done for Beaumont.
[/quote]

I don't know that you can compare Thomas Center to Ford Park.  After the initial construction costs are accounted for, BISD will save money by having to do repairs and upkeep for only one stadium as opposed to two, plus not having to pay Lamar U. rent for Old Cardinal Stadium to house Ozen.  Plus, come playoff time, the stadium increases the probability of BISD schools hosting their playoff games at Thomas Center (I think I recall Coach Stump stating so in the past) rather than having to travel to Baytown or Houston.  This will cut down on travel expenses for BISD.  
[b]
Will it host many playoff games not involving BISD teams, doubtful[/b].  But the reason is the same reason that I don't think you'll see an increase of playoff games at Provost-Umphrey, geography.
[/quote]

The only reason I disagree with this...we have a ton of smaller schools, multiple divisions, and can host games Thusday-Saturday....IMO....we can even host Lamar games... :o :o

The bigger question would be who would charge more for the game Lamar or BISD.It would probably cost less for BISD.  As I said earlier AD's stick together they have meetings together all year long.  When teams decide on where they play who do you think makes the call on where they play.  BISD would have to be booked for three or four games before Lamar would see a game. And that would include one game on Friday night of a playoff weekend plus the three games on Saturday.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="827051" timestamp="1282179456"]
[quote author=90PNGNDN link=topic=71725.msg826720#msg826720 date=1282137182]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=71725.msg826550#msg826550 date=1282089532]
[/quote]

[/quote]I am currently in the middle of a rebuild. I split the stock E7 block in half while at a race in FLorida last March. Going back together with a DART Sportsman block with a 347 ci rotating assy. Sending the heads off to Fox Lake to have them ported and flowed. It should go somewhere in the 9.70 range when its finally back together. . Sorry, didn't mean to hjack your thread.
[/quote]

My new engine should be coming home from the machine shop anytime now....small block stroker using nothing but the good stuff. Heads and intake are at Killians getting touched up and should be back in roughly 4 weeks. Forcing air in with a custom precision 80mm turbo, and shooting for 1000hp to the wheels.....just a street car tho. = )

The only thing that will be nicer at the BISD stadium right now will be the press box.  As far as the seating, scoreboard, turf, athletic locker rooms and the rest of the facility, PU stadium will be better.  With future expansion improvements at PU, it will be hands down the best stadium.  I do think that the local HS football coaches need to start flipping for home field advantage against the Houston teams and hopefully win some and make them guys come over here.  Sorry, but I'm not driving to Houston to see a good HS team from our area play a first or second round game but I would drive to the BISD stadium or PU stadium or PNG's stadium to see a game.

P.S.  The other reason PU is better is that it is a stadium, not an "Educational Support Center"!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="828565" timestamp="1282411668"]
The only thing that will be nicer at the BISD stadium right now will be the press box.  As far as the seating, scoreboard, turf, athletic locker rooms and the rest of the facility, PU stadium will be better.  With future expansion improvements at PU, it will be hands down the best stadium.  I do think that the local HS football coaches need to start flipping for home field advantage against the Houston teams and hopefully win some and make them guys come over here.  Sorry, but I'm not driving to Houston to see a good HS team from our area play a first or second round game but I would drive to the BISD stadium or PU stadium or PNG's stadium to see a game.

P.S.  The other reason PU is better is that it is a stadium, not an "Educational Support Center"!
[/quote]
:D :D :D "Educational Support  Center"!  ??? ??? ???

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="828576" timestamp="1282413073"]
So clueless...You can tell folk that don't venture outside the golden triangle... Ever been to Cypress state of the art stadium, funny guy?
[/quote]
Don't worry...those are the people that got introduced to Walmart last year.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="828576" timestamp="1282413073"]
So clueless...You can tell folk that don't venture outside the golden triangle... Ever been to Cypress state of the art stadium, funny guy?
[/quote][quote author=SgtRey link=topic=71725.msg828578#msg828578 date=1282413557]
Don't worry...those are the people that got introduced to Walmart last year.
[/quote]It will be state of the art and will represent BISD well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833