Bridge City vs. Lumberton

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="825422" timestamp="1281813304"]
Did anybody see the Bridge City / Lumberton scrimmage this morning. I would like to know how the two teams did. Thanks.
[/quote]

No one scored but BC came out very stong then looked like they were getting tired and trying younger people in positions, lumberton started off kinda slow then cranked things up on deffense by the end of the scrimmage, and offense had a couple of long plays as well as BC's offense. I would like to see them play in a real game though i would take my Cardinals  8) And another note there runningbacks ran hard the whole game.

The first scrimmage of the year isnt much to judge on. in 2007 Lumberton looked real bad against a not good HF and ended up winning the district and going 3 rounds deep. I think BC is much improved and i dont think Lumberton is heading for the cellar. Lumberton was missing the Leftside of their OL and one of there starting DTs. Im sure BC had some injuries too so u cant really take to much out of such a controled enviroment.

[quote name="WTB" post="825722" timestamp="1281882731"]
The first scrimmage of the year isnt much to judge on. in 2007 Lumberton looked real bad against a not good HF and ended up winning the district and going 3 rounds deep. I think BC is much improved and i dont think Lumberton is heading for the cellar. Lumberton was missing the Leftside of their OL and one of there starting DTs. Im sure BC had some injuries too so u cant really take to much out of such a controled enviroment.
[/quote]
Good Point  ;)

I think both teams looked pretty decent considering it was the first time to hit another team. Bridge City should make some noise, especially with those three different QB's who could pull the ball down and take off without batting an eye. That number 11 at the beginning almost got away from our guys, not sure if he's a regular QB or if he's a running back who just got the ball snapped on a trick play since I really only noticed that one play where he got the snap (was more initerested in keeping n eye on our guys). Hughes and Purks looked pretty good after their initial shakes and Asher did good too. L-Town seems to have plenty of receivers who aren't scared to catch the ball when an opponent is bearing down on them. Lumberton's D was looking strong too, swarming after the ball, LB's aren't Anthony Beard but they will definitely hold their own.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="825870" timestamp="1281921542"]
I think both teams looked pretty decent considering it was the first time to hit another team. Bridge City should make some noise, especially with those three different QB's who could pull the ball down and take off without batting an eye. That number 11 at the beginning almost got away from our guys, not sure if he's a regular QB or if he's a running back who just got the ball snapped on a trick play since I really only noticed that one play where he got the snap (was more initerested in keeping n eye on our guys). Hughes and Purks looked pretty good after their initial shakes and Asher did good too. L-Town seems to have plenty of receivers who aren't scared to catch the ball when an opponent is bearing down on them. Lumberton's D was looking strong too, swarming after the ball, LB's aren't Anthony Beard but they will definitely hold their own.
[/quote] He is a receiver who was given a handoff, number 11. 

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="825504" timestamp="1281830565"]
How did Menard and the receivers look on the passing plays?
[/quote]  Menard looked good overall.  This is his first year to play QB and it will take some time to get used to seeing everything downfield in a 4 wide offense.  He has all the tools!  Receivers are good, looked like we were looking at some new talent who dropped a few.  If we use what we got, the receivers will be better than good. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder