west orange stark @ friendswood @ Deer Park

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwstangs... this is getting pretty remedial... the reason this whole thing got started is because you guys come onto this thread talking about how you were going to win big, which is cool. You gave your reasons for why you felt you would win; your size, your depth and the return of your QB. That is all good too... where you drew my wrath and got me on you was when someone made mention of our speed, which IS one of our assets, and you guys blew a fuse and started mocking him for saying it (and it wasn't me, even though you have falsely accused me of it a couple of times). Then you start trying to compare our speed to Angleton and making fun of the people who mentioned it. I'm not going to sit back and watch that crap especially when your comparisons are flawed.

Now, after I got on you, you changed your tone a bit and started giving us compliments, but the ball was rolling by then. You want to come here and make predictions and give your reasons why you feel that way? Cool! But don't give your reasons and then ridicule others because they feel differently and give their opinions.

You also said I feel like WOS will win... I've never said anything like that. However, knowing football and a little more about FW now, I know it is going to be extremely tough for my Stangs. They will have to play extremely well to win this game. I think we are going to match up better with FW than you people think (and it's ALL about the match up's, baby! ;)). I know that Friendswood will be bigger than us, I know they will have more depth than we will, and unless you don't follow football past the school you support, then you know about Maetzold (I think that's how you spell it). I also know we WILL have more speed than FW. Now you can argue, bitch, piss and moan all you want about that. But it's true whether you like it or not. If our DB's are faster than your WR's and can do a good enough job covering them man to man. Then that will enable us to bring more rushers than your line can block. If that happens then, yes, you could be in trouble. That's not me picking the team I support just because I support them. That's just football...
;)

I have been one of the fW fans arguing the claims made by wow fans that say wos is faster.  I believe that if we are talking pure speed yes wos is faster, I can agree with that.  FW may not have speed to burn at the wide out position but they don't need it to be effective.  They get the job done because they are good at creating seperation with precise routes, well coached offensive scheme,intelligence, and depth at the position.  They can throw 4 to five guys out there that can makes plays.  Their RB is also dynamic and is equally effective coming out of the backfield and catching the ball.  Like I've mentioned before they play faster teams regularly so nothing new.  They haven't been successful by going out there with mentality that they will blow by everyone.  Its done with good coaching and out executing teams.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="836073" timestamp="1283305056"]
fwstangs... this is getting pretty remedial... the reason this whole thing got started is because you guys come onto this thread talking about how you were going to win big, which is cool. You gave your reasons for why you felt you would win; your size, your depth and the return of your QB. That is all good too... where you drew my wrath and got me on you was when someone made mention of our speed, which IS one of our assets, and you guys blew a fuse and started mocking him for saying it (and it wasn't me, even though you have falsely accused me of it a couple of times). Then you start trying to compare our speed to Angleton and making fun of the people who mentioned it. I'm not going to sit back and watch that crap especially when your comparisons are flawed.

Now, after I got on you, you changed your tone a bit and started giving us compliments, but the ball was rolling by then. You want to come here and make predictions and give your reasons why you feel that way? Cool! But don't give your reasons and then ridicule others because they feel differently and give their opinions.

You also said I feel like WOS will win... I've never said anything like that. However, knowing football and a little more about FW now, I know it is going to be extremely tough for my Stangs. They will have to play extremely well to win this game. I think we are going to match up better with FW than you people think (and it's ALL about the match up's, baby! ;)). I know that Friendswood will be bigger than us, I know they will have more depth than we will, and unless you don't follow football past the school you support, then you know about Maetzold (I think that's how you spell it). I also know we WILL have more speed than FW. Now you can argue, censored, piss and moan all you want about that. But it's true whether you like it or not. If our DB's are faster than your WR's and can do a good enough job covering them man to man. Then that will enable us to bring more rushers than your line can block. If that happens then, yes, you could be in trouble. That's not me picking the team I support just because I support them. That's just football...
;)

[/quote]

Never changed my tone fiction writer, you just chose to read some of the posts, but I expect that from you now. You also accuse people of things and will not admit when you are wrong. In the end, you just made all of the same points I have made, perhaps your best post, glad you take feedback well and improved. So it is ok if you say we are bigger, have more depth and have a good QB. But if we say it, we are arrogant. Facts are facts jack. In addition, I never said we were faster! PS - if you knew how many times we have heard that speed and athleticism is a problem for FW, you would understand the mocking. And we have beaten many of the teams that stuffed that in our face. Does not mean we will beat yall.  But then again that would require you to know something besides the team you follow. Another point for you, no matter how good and fast your DB's are, and they are both, if the QB has 4-5 seconds to throw, no one can cover that long. We shall see. PS - I am sticking with 14, which is what I always said!

PS - thats what these boards are for, making predictions and explaining your logic.If you are mad at someone for doing that, stay off the boards. And one last thing - so my comparision of Angletons speed being at a higher level than yours is flawed - for your infor - they won the 4x100 state title in 4a. They are fast fella! See ya and I am thru with you, others are bored with this exchange.

[quote name="rjn75" post="836106" timestamp="1283307296"]
I have been one of the fW fans arguing the claims made by wow fans that say wos is faster.  I believe that if we are talking pure speed yes wos is faster, I can agree with that.  FW may not have speed to burn at the wide out position but they don't need it to be effective.  They get the job done because they are good at creating seperation with precise routes, well coached offensive scheme,intelligence, and depth at the position.  They can throw 4 to five guys out there that can makes plays.  Their RB is also dynamic and is equally effective coming out of the backfield and catching the ball.  Like I've mentioned before they play faster teams regularly so nothing new.  They haven't been successful by going out there with mentality that they will blow by everyone.  Its done with good coaching and out executing teams.
[/quote]

Dude, why are you still trying to convince??? We are not saying the speed is going to beat you. Obviously, football is much more than just speed. It's also more than just about size and depth. They are all factors that help a team, but none are a deciding factor (they can be, but you don't know until the game is played). I don't get why you can talk about how big and how much depth you have and it's OK, but someone mentions speed and you short circuit. No one is saying your gonna lose because you have less speed, man.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="836158" timestamp="1283309948"]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=71184.msg836106#msg836106 date=1283307296]
[/quote]

Dude, why are you still trying to convince??? We are not saying the speed is going to beat you. Obviously, football is much more than just speed. It's also more than just about size and depth. They are all factors that help a team, but none are a deciding factor (they can be, but you don't know until the game is played). I don't get why you can talk about how big and how much depth you have and it's OK, but someone mentions speed and you short circuit. No one is saying your gonna lose because you have less speed, man.

[/quote]

Another great post - thanks for saying the same thing I have been saying. Glad you posted with speed in context. Good night. Do not short circuit when I say we are bigger and have more depth, does not mean we will win, just characteristics of our team!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="836146" timestamp="1283309345"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg836073#msg836073 date=1283305056]

You also said I feel like WOS will win... I've never said anything like that. However, knowing football and a little more about FW now, I know it is going to be extremely tough for my Stangs. They will have to play extremely well to win this game. I think we are going to match up better with FW than you people think (and it's ALL about the match up's, baby! ;)). I know that Friendswood will be bigger than us, I know they will have more depth than we will, and unless you don't follow football past the school you support, then you know about Maetzold (I think that's how you spell it). I also know we WILL have more speed than FW. Now you can argue, censored, piss and moan all you want about that. But it's true whether you like it or not. If our DB's are faster than your WR's and can do a good enough job covering them man to man. Then that will enable us to bring more rushers than your line can block. If that happens then, yes, you could be in trouble. That's not me picking the team I support just because I support them. That's just football...
;)

[/quote]

Never changed my tone fiction writer, you just chose to read some of the posts, but I expect that from you now. You also accuse people of things and will not admit when you are wrong. In the end, you just made all of the same points I have made, perhaps your best post, glad you take feedback well and improved. So it is ok if you say we are bigger, have more depth and have a good QB. But if we say it, we are arrogant. Facts are facts jack. In addition, I never said we were faster! PS - if you knew how many times we have heard that speed and athleticism is a problem for FW, you would understand the mocking. And we have beaten many of the teams that stuffed that in our face. Does not mean we will beat yall.  But then again that would require you to know something besides the team you follow. Another point for you, no matter how good and fast your DB's are, and they are both, if the QB has 4-5 seconds to throw, no one can cover that long. We shall see. PS - I am sticking with 14, which is what I always said!

PS - thats what these boards are for, making predictions and explaining your logic.If you are mad at someone for doing that, stay off the boards. And one last thing - so my comparision of Angletons speed being at a higher level than yours is flawed - for your infor - they won the 4x100 state title in 4a. They are fast fella! See ya and I am thru with you, others are bored with this exchange.
[/quote]

It's TRULY funny that you talk about my reading and you TOTALLY misread my post... CLASSIC!

Also, you know as well as I do that you went back and deleted that post because you knew you had contradicted yourself. There is no trace of it now, but you and I know... ;) Oh, and WOS won the TRACK state title... But wait, that doesn't matter because when you have 4.39 seconds to throw and you have 6'9" lineman that weigh 396 lbs... blah blah freakin blah! Save it!

Can't wait for Friday!!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="836169" timestamp="1283310671"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg836146#msg836146 date=1283309345]

;)

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's TRULY funny that you talk about my reading and you TOTALLY misread my post... CLASSIC!

Also, you know as well as I do that you went back and deleted that post because you knew you had contradicted yourself. There is no trace of it now, but you and I know... ;) Oh, and WOS won the TRACK state title... But wait, that doesn't matter because when you have 4.39 seconds to throw and you have 6'9" lineman that weigh 396 lbs... blah blah freakin blah! Save it!

Can't wait for Friday!!
[/quote]
Gasilla is convinced I removed a thread, the one where I predicted that some one would get manhandled and lose by "21, I think" . Someone even gave me grief for my joking , I think. Now you see him calling me out and calling me a liar. Just wanted folks to know who we are dealing with, refuses to admit he is wrong. Is there a way to totally remove a thread?? He thinks I worked that Magic. PS not only did WOS win the state meet, they won the 4x100 in a time that was olny a .2 slower than Angleton and in fact their season best was .2 better than Angleton, so they are both very fast teams!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="836167" timestamp="1283310656"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg836158#msg836158 date=1283309948]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=71184.msg836106#msg836106 date=1283307296]
I have been one of the fW fans arguing the claims made by wow fans that say wos is faster.  I believe that if we are talking pure speed yes wos is faster, I can agree with that.  FW may not have speed to burn at the wide out position but they don't need it to be effective.  They get the job done because they are good at creating seperation with precise routes, well coached offensive scheme,intelligence, and depth at the position.  They can throw 4 to five guys out there that can makes plays.  Their RB is also dynamic and is equally effective coming out of the backfield and catching the ball.  Like I've mentioned before they play faster teams regularly so nothing new.  They haven't been successful by going out there with mentality that they will blow by everyone.  Its done with good coaching and out executing teams.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Another great post - thanks for saying the same thing I have been saying. Glad you posted with speed in context. Good night. Do not short circuit when I say we are bigger and have more depth, does not mean we will win, just characteristics of our team!!
[/quote]

LOL... I never did until you did. In fact, no one did until you did. But I can go back and get the ones where you (or your boys) have in the beginning.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="836182" timestamp="1283311581"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg836169#msg836169 date=1283310671]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg836146#msg836146 date=1283309345]

;)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can't wait for Friday!!
[/quote]
Gasilla is convinced I removed a thread, the one where I predicted that some one would get manhandled and lose by "21, I think" . Someone even gave me grief for my joking , I think. Now you see him calling me out and calling me a liar. Just wanted folks to know who we are dealing with, refuses to admit he is wrong. Is there a way to totally remove a thread?? He thinks I worked that Magic. PS not only did WOS win the state meet, they won the 4x100 in a time that was olny a .2 slower than Angleton and in fact their season best was .2 better than Angleton, so they are both very fast teams!!

[/quote]

I don't think, I know you deleted it. And it wasn't a whole thread it was a post and yes you can delete your own post (but you know that). I love how you cover your tracks by acting like you don't know how to do it. Nice!

How many of the 4X100 Angleton team are on this years football team? There are at least 5 from the WOS track team.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="834753" timestamp="1283140115"] simply stated that I think my team will win! [/quote]

[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg834753#msg834753 date=1283140115]
Re: west orange stark @ friendswood
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2010, 10:30:46 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thinking FW by 14.[/quote]

There it is... the contradiction I was talking about.

Now, I will apologize for accusing you of deleting it. It was back further than I thought. But it was there none the less and the reason you weren't going to get an apology before when I knew you had said it even though you were denying it.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="836212" timestamp="1283314778"]

[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg834753#msg834753 date=1283140115] simply stated that I think my team will win! [/quote]

[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg834753#msg834753 date=1283140115]
Re: west orange stark @ friendswood
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2010, 10:30:46 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thinking FW by 14.[/quote]

There it is... the contradiction I was talking about.

Now, I will apologize for accusing you of deleting it. It was back further than I thought. But it was there none the less and the reason you weren't going to get an apology before when I knew you had said it even though you were denying it.
[/quote]

You sir are just full of hot air. You accused me of removing the post where I said we would win by "21, i think". I never removed a thing.  Read my lips, I never said we would win by 21, get it! Geez.
Or course I posted we would win by 14 and have said that several times. I am beginning to think you are add. The whole point of this is you are accusing someone of doing something, calling them a liar, saying they are acting like they do not know how to do something and then you say oh my bad i found it and it says 14. But you will not apologize. I think we all see your true colors. You are plenty of man!!  You are about as credible as, oh never mind just about went political! Later you are a waste of time and energy. To all of the solid WOS posters, sorry - I will leave this alone.

OK... so it was 14 instead of 21... and you NEVER admitted you made that prediction, not one time. If you did, go back and copy and paste where you admitted it with the date! The only thing you admitted was some prediction on a Dayton game that wasn't even relevent. It ain't in there, pal. But, yo,u do have my copy and paste where you claimed you never made a prediction, but the prediction, with the date, is right underneath it. How do you explain that, blowhard? No, you got called out and your feelings are hurt. Now, you are just plain making crap up. ;)

Now, I did accuse you of deleting it because I couldn't find it. I apologized for that. Heck, I'll even apologize for getting the score wrong, too. See, I can be a sweet guy. ;D

Now Gas, you and I both know that only 4 can run in the 4X100 and we both know that 2 of the main cogs of that wheel are gone. ;) ;D

[b]How many of the 4X100 Angleton team are on this years football team? There are at least 5 from the WOS track team[/b].

But, you and both know that the "real" football players are still playing for WOS. ;)

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="836246" timestamp="1283339764"]
Wow!  In reading the back and forth between you two, I am torn between feeling like a proud parent  ;D and saying it has gotten childish and tedious.  And that's saying a lot.  ;) 

I admire the perserverance but it's all been said.  Let the beating begin.....
[/quote]

You are correct sir! Geez!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="836242" timestamp="1283338085"]
Now Gas, you and I both know that only 4 can run in the 4X100 and we both know that 2 of the main cogs of that wheel are gone. ;) ;D

[b]How many of the 4X100 Angleton team are on this years football team? There are at least 5 from the WOS track team[/b].

But, you and both know that the "real" football players are still playing for WOS. ;)
[/quote]

You are correct - but they are still real fast. I bet Angleton and Diggs are glad to hear about the "real" players still playing for WOS. Looking forward to Friday nite!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="836242" timestamp="1283338085"]

[/quote]

Aggie, for the life of me, I do not know why you are chiming in. But if you read all of the posts, I mentioned that we won the overall state title, not just the 4X100. I am talking about the whole team, HE is talking about the 4X100 which Angleton won.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="836249" timestamp="1283340718"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=71184.msg836246#msg836246 date=1283339764]
Wow!  In reading the back and forth between you two, I am torn between feeling like a proud parent  ;D and saying it has gotten childish and tedious.  And that's saying a lot.  ;) 

I admire the perserverance but it's all been said. [b] Let the beating begin[/b].....
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is apparent that you two not only want to win which is ok but you want it to be a beating that wo-s will remember which is very childish on your part.
Here is a news flash for ya...[b]FRIENDSWOOD IS NOT UNBEATABLE[/b].
WO-S is the underdog and should be.If we lose,we lose.No big deal.If you lose you want be able to deal with it and that is sad.WO-S does have a chance weather you want to admit it or not.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="836275" timestamp="1283346123"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71184.msg836242#msg836242 date=1283338085]

[/quote]

Aggie, for the life of me, I do not know why you are chiming in. But if you read all of the posts, I mentioned that we won the overall state title, not just the 4X100. I am talking about the whole team, HE is talking about the 4X100 which Angleton won.

[/quote]

Whoa, Gas, I am on your side. I knew what you were talking about. I was just ribbing ya a bit.

I still stand by my statement that the ones that were on that state champion track team from last year that are still at WOS, are the "real" football players out of that team. ;)

[quote name="GUNHO" post="836282" timestamp="1283346674"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg836249#msg836249 date=1283340718]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=71184.msg836246#msg836246 date=1283339764]

I admire the perserverance but it's all been said. [b] Let the beating begin[/b].....
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is apparent that you two not only want to win which is ok but you want it to be a beating that wo-s will remember which is very childish on your part.
WO-S is the underdog and should be.If we lose,we lose.No big deal.If you lose you want be able to deal with it and that is sad.WO-S does have a chance weather you want to admit it or not.

[/quote]

I will be happy with a 1 point win, and you are very very correct, Friendswood is beatable. We will not go undefeated in the regular season, probably 8-2 or 7-3. We will deal with those losses just fine!! We are not Lake Travis and know it!! But you never think the game you are getting ready to play will be one of those losses!! Seriously, my son said that WOS is impressive on the game film and we will have to play well. The team respects the talent and will not take them lightly, nor do I.  I still feel we will win by 14, but I also thought we would beat Dawson last year in the regional finals. And it is almost college football season!! Is the 5'5" running back one of the track team members?? He is quick.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="836303" timestamp="1283349347"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=71184.msg836282#msg836282 date=1283346674]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg836249#msg836249 date=1283340718]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will be happy with a 1 point win, and you are very very correct, Friendswood is beatable. We will not go undefeated in the regular season, probably 8-2 or 7-3. We will deal with those losses just fine!! We are not Lake Travis and know it!! But you never think the game you are getting ready to play will be one of those losses!! Seriously, my son said that WOS is impressive on the game film and we will have to play well. The team respects the talent and will not take them lightly, nor do I.  I still feel we will win by 14, but I also thought we would beat Dawson last year in the regional finals. And it is almost college football season!! Is the 5'5" running back one of the track team members?? He is quick.
[/quote]

Fair enough and nice reply.A win would be nice but I just want to come away healthy.Lots of football left to play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder