[quote name="bleed orange" post="819470" timestamp="1279725959"]
Do not listen to "Aggie" volleygirl. ;D ;D His brain cavity is foggy. ;D ;D
[/quote]

C'mon Bleed, you know that I am the volleyball guru around these parts. ;) ;D

(besides, I didn't know it took brains to know volleyball) ;D

That'll get'em posting ;D

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="819473" timestamp="1279726206"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=71123.msg819470#msg819470 date=1279725959]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is funny aggie. I knew you would be waiting in the wings. :D :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="819473" timestamp="1279726206"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=71123.msg819470#msg819470 date=1279725959]
[/quote]

All right, Aggie!  Don't push it!

[/quote]

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="mactiger" post="819531" timestamp="1279736248"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71123.msg819473#msg819473 date=1279726206]
[/quote]

All right, Aggie!  Don't push it!

[/quote]
[/quote]

Dont mess with the "Mactiger". ;D ;D ;D

I think it's going to be a very exciting year for all of 3A.....From what i have heard every team in this district has been working hard in off season to improve their skills....Good luck to you all and can't wait to watch it unfold.....

As for our dear friend Aggie, it takes SKILL AND BRAINS to play this game....that which you must be lacking....

And Bleed, I hope your serious about Orangefield, cause the thought of seeing that team play is EXCITING....

Rizon, where are you???  I used to enjoy reading your post....we can't help it if Aggie is clueless, now can we...... ;D

Very interesting year like last year. Show up or you will get beat. Aggie won't like my picks because his...well you'll see. I have heard of some injuries concerning very important players for some teams. Don't know the truth behind them but I'm going to assume no injuries until I get to go watch teams play in some tournaments. My picks are as follows:

1) Bridge City
2) Orangefield
3) H-F
4) Silsbee
5) H-J
6) WO-S

If Orangefield uses the Granger girl as an Outside when she is on frontrow, they are going to be really tough. Could see a split between them and BC and playing a game for seeding.Really would not be shocked if we see a play in game between H-F and Silsbee. H-F lost a lot last year and Silsbee lost a very important person seeing as they ran a 5-1. Both teams always seem to just reload so I'm sure they will be tough as usual. Could be 2007 all over again but a couple different teams in different games. Good luck to all the teams on the upcoming season.

[quote name="Rizon" post="819647" timestamp="1279800535"]
Very interesting year like last year. Show up or you will get beat. Aggie won't like my picks because his...well you'll see. I have heard of some injuries concerning very important players for some teams. Don't know the truth behind them but I'm going to assume no injuries until I get to go watch teams play in some tournaments. My picks are as follows:

1) Bridge City
2) Orangefield
3) H-F
[b]4) Silsbee[/b]
5) H-J
6) WO-S

If Orangefield uses the Granger girl as an Outside when she is on frontrow, they are going to be really tough. Could see a split between them and BC and playing a game for seeding.Really would not be shocked if we see a play in game between H-F and Silsbee. H-F lost a lot last year and Silsbee lost a very important person seeing as they ran a 5-1. Both teams always seem to just reload so I'm sure they will be tough as usual. Could be 2007 all over again but a couple different teams in different games. Good luck to all the teams on the upcoming season.
[/quote]

Indeed, clueless. ::)

Rizon I like your assessment!!  You probably haven't seen much of WOS lately, but I wouldn't count them out either.  They have been working hard and as long as they play volleyball and not worry about those Friday night lights it should be a good year for them as well.  Every team will have to show up and play every point!!   Good Luck to all!!!!!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Rizon" post="819647" timestamp="1279800535"]

1) Bridge City
2) Orangefield
3) H-F
4) Silsbee
5) H-J
6) WO-S

[/quote]

I like your order but I do think that if the Orangefield girls all get on the same page they may win their first district championship in volleyball. Depends on if they can keep the drama to a minimal. ;D There is always drama with girls.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="819751" timestamp="1279820332"]
Does BC have a setter, I thought their setter graduated and she was really good.
[/quote]

Yes their setter did graduate but I am sure there is another one in line.

Good District setting,  BC with better than a 50-50 chance to win the District.  They lost a Setter but have a great replacement; plus a real-- Natalie Sarver-- type Spiker starting to develop.

It seems that they will be on track, whether they win or just make the playoffs: they are geared to excel in bracket play--just like last year.  Good Coaching and steady improvement in teamwork play; keeps you from going home after the first Bracket game.

Last year they even beat the Regional Champ in one set--now that is a confidence builder for the short girls.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="819751" timestamp="1279820332"]
Does BC have a setter, I thought their setter graduated and she was really good.
[/quote]

Yes one of their setters did graduate. The games I saw BC play last year they ran a 6-2. I do not know if they ran that all year or not. I'm pretty sure they also had another setter on the bench, so they had three quality setters. BC was not a very good passing team last year and Kosh made a lot of mediocre passes into great kill opportunities. They should be a much better passing team this year so I think their setters will do just fine.

Bleed...I agree...OF could win a district championship in volleyball this year.

Although HF graduated several starters last year, they have more than enough talent in the wings to compete at a high level.  Quality players at all positions.  Looking forward to see how the team gels as the season progresses.  I agree with Rizon.  If you don't show up every night, you may not have much to show for your effort at the end of the season.  Kinda like the 2009 version of Silsbee=Domination.  ;)  Good luck to all the teams!

[quote name="Otter" post="820291" timestamp="1280027285"]
Although HF graduated several starters last year, they have more than enough talent in the wings to compete at a high level.  Quality players at all positions.  Looking forward to see how the team gels as the season progresses.  I agree with Rizon.  If you don't show up every night, you may not have much to show for your effort at the end of the season.  Kinda like the 2009 version of Silsbee=Domination.  ;)  Good luck to all the teams!
[/quote]

All too wise, Otter. HF will dominate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder