43.  Tyler Lee
44.  Pearland
45.  Houston Lamar
46.  Harlingen
47.  Copperas Cove
[b]48.  Beaumont West Brook[/b]
49.  Leander
50.  El Paso Eldorado

I'm sorry, but West Brook is at least a top 20 team in the state with those 19 starters returning from a team that was district champs and went 3 rounds deep. I say top 15 at the least.

48!!!! North Shore 16!! A team that West Brook beat last year!!! The mag looses credibility with this pick. ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="817709" timestamp="1278971322"]
I'm sorry, but West Brook is at least a top 20 team in the state with those 19 starters returning from a team that was district champs and went 3 rounds deep. I say top 15 at the least.

48!!!! North Shore 16!! A team that West Brook beat last year!!! The mag looses credibility with this pick. ::)
[/quote]I agree!  Once again, this area is shown NO respect at all.  Brook is a top 15 team in my book...

:D :D :D :D...I'm glad I didn't buy it....Wow...Maybe if I had payed the "Extreme access " fee we would be in the top 20!!! :D :D...I think these ranking are purchased!!!  Last Year's WB team was ranked higher (33) with all Juniors!!!

[quote name="SgtRey" post="817766" timestamp="1278982091"]
Where's Matthew 328, or 721 or $19.99, whatever his screen name is...?   This is Prohibibidabido...I say it in Spanish, because it's that serious!!!
[/quote]

I agree, SgtRey. I would like to hear Matt's explanation for this lame poll.

C'mon, the Bruins #48!!! (and I thought DCTF's polls were bad)

I don't believe Matt will entertain the xplanation...but I'll try:

The Old Coach came up with these prediction thru extensive "Inside Access" to ALL high school programs(7 day free trial..yes 7 days!!!).  We started our research for the 2010 rankings in 2003!!!  After many years of computer in input into the "Old Coach Psychic Processor" our computer's tabulations produced a FNF top 50 this year!!.  We are so proud ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="Beaumont_Legend" post="817879" timestamp="1279040172"]
Beaumont West Brook

FNF #48
5atexasfootball.com #18
Dave Campbell's #10

Wow!  ::)
[/quote]

you can see the disparity.

FNF is a joke.  I generally would say that BWB is a program that likes to flounder at seasons end, but this group is pretty good.

I got them winning 21-5a.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="817821" timestamp="1279024755"]

The Old Coach came up with these prediction thru extensive "Inside Access" to ALL high school programs(7 day free trial..yes 7 days!!!).  We started our research for the 2010 rankings in 2003!!!  After many years of computer in input into the "Old Coach Psychic Processor" our computer's tabulations produced a FNF top 50 this year!!.  We are so proud ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

Nope I am here.  If you want to take shots at what I do on TheOldCoach feel free to e-mail me or call me, you could have come up to me also at the 7 on 7 State Tournament and discussed with me. I am sure the folks on this board would like for relevant topics to be discussed, not taking shots at someone who is simply doing his job.

Unlike other writers and people who cover HS Football I spend my own money to go out and see as much HS Football as possible statewide.  I don't stay in one area and watch one group of teams, I try to see everyone.  As for the rankings, I will be the first to admit WB was low but rankings were not my realm, it was a group effort and in that case I was over ruled...however rankings are just opinions, DCTF has bad rankings all the time...other sites and magazines have bad rankings all the time as well....HS Football is a funny game and sometimes things turn out weird.  My e-mail is [email protected] if you'd like to discuss further.

[quote name="Matthew328" post="817998" timestamp="1279076016"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=70964.msg817821#msg817821 date=1279024755]

[/quote]

Nope I am here.  If you want to take shots at what I do on TheOldCoach feel free to e-mail me or call me, you could have come up to me also at the 7 on 7 State Tournament and discussed with me. I am sure the folks on this board would like for relevant topics to be discussed, not taking shots at someone who is simply doing his job.

Unlike other writers and people who cover HS Football I spend my own money to go out and see as much HS Football as possible statewide.  I don't stay in one area and watch one group of teams, I try to see everyone.  As for the rankings, I will be the first to admit WB was low but rankings were not my realm, it was a group effort and in that case I was over ruled...however rankings are just opinions, DCTF has bad rankings all the time...other sites and magazines have bad rankings all the time as well....HS Football is a funny game and sometimes things turn out weird.  My e-mail is [email protected] if you'd like to discuss further.
[/quote]

Just what exactly needs to be discussed further?

I think the point has been made very clear. West Brook being ranked #48 in your mag's poll shows a lack of football inteligence. Plain and simple. What else is there to discuss?

As for the overall quality of the magazine I am very proud of what a very small team of writers was able to accomplish, despite many, many challenges. Writers not turning in work timely or at all, scrambling to find quality people to write capsules etc. Considering that the majority of our crew works full time jobs not involving HS Football, considering we were all a bunch of rookies and considering we were still able to complete a product comparable to DCTF in a lot of ways in our first try is IMO a minor miracle.  I think next year's edition will be even better and in subsequent years the product will continue to get better and better and if it doesn't then we shouldn't be doing one in the first place.  

[quote name="Matthew328" post="818004" timestamp="1279076549"]
As for the overall quality of the magazine I am very proud of what a very small team of writers was able to accomplish, despite many, many challenges. Writers not turning in work timely or at all, scrambling to find quality people to write capsules etc. Considering that the majority of our crew works full time jobs not involving HS Football, considering we were all a bunch of rookies and considering we were still able to complete a product comparable to DCTF in a lot of ways in our first try is IMO a minor miracle.  I think next year's edition will be even better and in subsequent years the product will continue to get better and better and [b]if it doesn't then we shouldn't be doing one in the first pla[/b]ce.  

[/quote]

I can agree with that. ;)

I've said I think 48 is a little low for WB....not as low as being made out to be but yes it's low.  I'd probably have WB as a team in the high 20s to start the season if I did my own top 50....but the difference between #48 and #20 in Texas HS Football is very very small....a team ranked 20th in the state in pretty much any poll would be a 3-4 point favorite over the #48 team in the state.  That's basically a pick em game. It's quite all right to diagree with the ranking, but regardless if we do get that ranking wrong I don't think it takes away from the fact that the magazine is a good source of information.  

But ranking a team #48 in a top 50 poll that returns 19 starters, went undefeated in district (beat North Shore, who you guys have at #16 and they return less starters than WB) and went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs, makes that poll look weak.

It looks as though you just took the big names and threw them in just to make the poll look credible.

I haven't seen the mag yet ( can't seem to find it anywhere in this area ???), so I really can't draw an opinion on how good or bad the mag is. But I do know one thing, that 5A poll of yall's is bogus. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="818014" timestamp="1279077635"]
[b]But ranking a team #48 in a top 50 poll that returns 19 starters, went undefeated in district (beat North Shore, who you guys have at #16 and they return less starters than WB) and went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs, makes that poll look weak.

It looks as though you just took the big names and threw them in just to make the poll look credible.[/b]

I haven't seen the mag yet ( can't seem to find it anywhere in this area ???), so I really can't draw an opinion on how good or bad the mag is. But I do know one thing, that 5A poll of yall's is bogus. ;)
[/quote]Chuuch!!!  8) 8)

[quote name="Matthew328" post="817998" timestamp="1279076016"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=70964.msg817821#msg817821 date=1279024755]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I would have absolutely LOVED to have known what you look like and expressed my opinion at A & M....I sit opposite of our band on the 35 yd line at every game...there's not that many people in the stands as attractive as I am ( 8) ).... you can spot me a mile away...there is only two Americans, with Mexican descent, on the team. 

As far as doing your job....hmmm...[size=18pt][color=red][b]#48!!![/b][/color][/size]...I agree on the rankings of the different organizations/mags, they are all different....but at #48...it just seems like everyone was hungry at the time these rankings were done...the difference between 20 and 48 is not 3 points!!! where did you get that math?

So, when number 20 Florida State plays newly ranked # 48 Notre Dame (rankings are hypothetical, but close)...Florida State by 3??? ???  Really ??? ???

[quote name="Matthew328" post="818004" timestamp="1279076549"]
As for the overall quality of the magazine I am very proud of what a very small team of writers was able to accomplish, despite many, many challenges. Writers not turning in work timely or at all, scrambling to find quality people to write capsules etc. Considering that the majority of our crew works full time jobs not involving HS Football, considering we were all a bunch of rookies and considering we were still able to complete a product comparable to DCTF in a lot of ways in our first try is IMO a minor miracle.  I think next year's edition will be even better and in subsequent years the product will continue to get better and better and if it doesn't then we shouldn't be doing one in the first place.  

[/quote]

Congrads on your guys accomplishments....I hope you all prosper from this, just take notes of your lessons and grow from it.  Don't defend ignorance, that leads to failure... ;)

Yes I ordered the MAG ::)....you got me Matthew.. >:(.... :D :D

The magazine can only be compared to Dave Campbell's Mag, of course....it was in color though...I really can't say it was better info...I mean when QB - BEN Reyes(as stated in the MAG), is your top dog...gosh darn it, we should at least spell his name right...it's VEN with a "V"...he's VEN Reyes Jr.  !!! :D :D  

[quote name="rschuldt" post="818044" timestamp="1279111539"]
SgtRey relax. He said that he was just over-ruled. In other words he thought it was low too, but others thought that it was just right.
[/quote]
I'm cool...as coo as lil "Ven" Jr in the pocket... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami