4th Annual Silsbee Basketball Boosters Summer Tourney/SILSBEE CHAMPS!!

Start Time: Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 4:00pm
End Time: Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 10:00pm

Description.Twenty Teams: Silsbee, Lumberton, Legacy Christian, Tioga, Kountze, Livingston, Hardin Jefferson, Westbrook, Ozen 1, Ozen 2, Vidor, Spurger, Woodville, Cleveland, Anahuac, Port Arthur Spurs, LCM, East Chambers, Beaumont Mustangs, Nederland.

Admission is $5 per day or $12 3 day tournament pass.

I'll be there giving daily updates and scores of this tourney.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="816310" timestamp="1278381004"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=70859.msg816306#msg816306 date=1278380692]
When will the pools be posted
[/quote]

Probably Tuesday or Wed. of next week.
[/quote] Thanks. Well be looking forward to this turnment. Should be some good ball And a peek at what we can lookforward to seeing next year.

[font=Courier][u][b]Pool A[/b][/u]
Silsbee
Legacy
Livingston
West Brook

[b][u]Pool B[/u][/b]
Kountze
Jasper
Vidor
Tioga, La

[b][u]Pool C[/u][/b]
Hardin-Jefferson
Spurger
Woodville
Cleveland

[b][u]Pool D[/u][/b]
Ozen
Anahuac
Ktz JV
Nederland

[b][u]Pool E[/u][/b]
LC-M
East Chambers
Bmt Mustangs
PA Spurs

[b][u]Pool F[/u][/b]
Evadale
Ozen 2
Lumberton
Hardin-Jefferson 2

Games start @ 4pm Thurs-Fri...Last game 7:45 on Thurs-Fri...Both gyms used.

Games start early Saturday morning.

[/font]

Only watched one game but HJ beat Spurger . Very good game untill the last 2 min. when Grayson hit 4 threes in a row and HJ pulled ahead. Very good showing for a 1a school going up against a 3a club. Sure hope that George can get someone to look at him for the next level.

Today's pool play scores:

Silsbee   58    ( Silsbee played without point guard Kelton Gaines and 2 guard Ronald Barrett)
Legacy   30

Jasper    56
Kountze  52   ( Bad loss for Kountze, Jasper had only 5 players with no coach) :o

HJ          52
Spurger   46  ( HJ played first half without Garrett Gustafson)

LCM        47
Kountze   28  ( looks like a tough season up coming for the Lions)

West Brook  36
Livingston    32

Tioga, La.   45   (former Kountze star Josh Hancock is the coach for this team)
Vidor          37   (not a bad showing by Vidor, Coach Quinn has a good looking team for next year)

Cleveland    58
Woodville    45   (Woodville hung tough for 3/4 of the game)

Nederland JV  57
Kountze JV     12

PA Spurs       50  (Memorial's JV)
Bmt Mustangs 29  (WB's freshman)

Ozen  JV      47  (this was actually a mixed squad for Ozen, varsity and JV)
Evadale      32

Lumberton  41
HJ JV        26

Some games had to be adjusted today and the rest of the tourney.

East Chambers had to back out. Silsbee, Kountze, and Anahuac will play their pool play games. They will not count for those three teams but will count for the opposing teams.(except for Anahuac)

Also today, Ozen and Anahuac did not show for the first pool play game. Anahuac had informed Travis a few weeks ago that it could not make the Thursday games. Ozen had problems getting to their first game. Ozen did show for their JV game against Evadale. They played a mixed squad in that game. Ozen took a loss for the no-show earlier. Anahuac will play two pool play games on Saturday to make up for missing today.

Tomorrow, Silsbee vs. Livingston will be the 5:30 game and not the 4pm game. Livingston could not make the 4pm game. The previous 5:30 game(Jasper vs. Tioga) will now be the 4pm game for tomorrow.

Notes:

Kountze looks like they will struggle this coming season. But looks can be decieving. ;)

I was surprised how much Cleveland played it's starting 5. They must of played at least 28 of the 32 minutes.

Silsbee played well even though starting point guard Gaines did not play.

PA Memorial has an impressive JV squad. They will make some noise in this tourney.

For once, HJ will have the height advantage over Silsbee when they play. The Hawks have two that go '6 "5 or better.

Spurger played well, but misses Blankenship. They gave HJ all they wanted though.

Prudhomme has the makings of being HJ's next star. But the Hawks also have a freshman phenom waiting in the wings. He will play varsity this season.

Woodville impressed me with their overall team quickness and speed. They really had Cleveland reeling for a while.

The most impressive win had to be Jasper's over Kountze. Jasper had only 5 players with no bench coach. These young men played very hard. Coach Young should be very proud of these 5 players.

[quote name="86hawk" post="818515" timestamp="1279288728"]
"Prudhomme has the makings of being HJ's next star. But the Hawks also have a freshman phenom waiting in the wings. He will play varsity this season."

Who is the freshman phenom?  LAZEEK, what say you?

[/quote]

Bosha is his last name was what I was told.

Bosha is solid and has been starting from what I hear....................another Freshman plays and wil make a great PG starting next season I would assume for HJ.  His last name is Mitchell.......and BTW he is Ryan Donahoe little brother!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="818580" timestamp="1279309195"]
Bosha is solid and has been starting from what I hear....................another Freshman plays and wil make a great PG starting next season I would assume for HJ.  His last name is Mitchell.......and BTW he is Ryan Donahoe little brother!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
[/quote]Hey HJ is'nt any good. It's just a rebuilding year. I thought everyone knew that. ;)

[quote name="Sloe" post="818625" timestamp="1279322907"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=70859.msg818580#msg818580 date=1279309195]
[/quote]Hey HJ is'nt any good. It's just a rebuilding year. I thought everyone knew that. ;)
[/quote]

Every year is a rebuilding year for HJ and they are never able to replace the players who left.  So whats new?

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="818580" timestamp="1279309195"]
[/quote]
Is Coach Sutherland really considering taking Gustafson off the point?  My son plays with Bosha & Mitchell and as good as they are, I would think you would go with the experience that Gustafson brings.  Then again I'm just a dad of basketball players and don't possess a whole lot of basketball knowledge - although my Little Dribbler teams won the league title two years ago against Bosha's team and took second to them this past year.   

Todays Pool play scores:

Kountze    49  (different Kountze team today, McDaniel and Linn played today)
Vidor        32

Tioga, La.  44
Jasper        42

Ozen        54
Kountze JV  39 (some of the varsity played for Kountze)

LCM              54  (LCM looks good again, but yet to play a good team)
Bmt. Mustangs 25

HJ        38
Woodville 32  ( both teams played sloppy in this game)

Silsbee      48  ( Silsbee dominated from start to finish)
Livingston    15 

Nederland      47 (Nederland's varsity finally showed for the tourney, very impressive)
Anahuac        18

Silsbee        38  (Silsbee trailed 18-2 after 5 minutes, outscored PA 36-10 the rest of the way)
PA Spurs      28

Legacy        39  ( Legacy hit shot with 1.5 seconds left, UPSET of tourney so far)
West Brook  38

Cleveland      65  ( played without Reed)
Spurger      30

Ozen JV      36
HJ JV          28  ( some of HJ's varsity played this game)

Lumberton    30
Evadale        28  ( Evadale had three chances to tie game in the last 15 seconds)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder