DCTF's Predictions for 19-4A

[quote name="panamamyers" post="813957" timestamp="1277142082"]
Baytown Carver won state multiple times....

BH has been squatless for 30 years.
Been a lot of standing up over there the last 30 years...
Haven't even had an S over there, much less the "quat"

[/quote]

Carver????? is that before they made the mascott a GOOSE  ;D ;D  The Olin days are over and he was the only bright spot in Lee's dismal history. Maybe yall should bring back the Brig they could make more noise than Lee will this season.

Has Barbers Hill put any football players into d1 schools since the invention of the face mask?

I was actually able to score a photo of the last Barbers Hill team to win a playoff game right after their victory.
[img]http://diselabia.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/france_football_19001.jpg[/img]

[quote name="panamamyers" post="813966" timestamp="1277146610"]
Has Barbers Hill put any football players into d1 schools since the invention of the face mask?

I was actually able to score a photo of the last Barbers Hill team to win a playoff game right after their victory.
[img]http://diselabia.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/france_football_19001.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

To answer your question YES ;D Has Lee placed anyone is society that isn't working at a fast food place?

Patriots tinkering with new offense
By Nathan Hague
The Baytown Sun
Published June 22, 2010
Dave Campbell’s 2010 Texas Football Magazine dropped a surprise about Goose Creek Memorial’s offense — the Patriots are switching to the I-formation.

“We’re talking about doing that,” head coach Bret Boyd said. “We’ve been in more spread and in the I (formation). We’ll continue to work on it some more in the two-a-days, and see how things go from there.”

Last year’s quarterback, Cody Larson, and running back, DeMartie Allen, each graduated, leaving Boyd with big shoes to fill.

“Offensively, we’ve got a new group we’re working with,” he said. “So we’re still kind of putting pieces together.”

As for finding a replacement at the quarterback position, Boyd said Price Jacobs is the most experienced, but the coach expects his underclassmen to give Jacobs some competition. He expects junior Damon Guillory to take the majority of the carries at running back.

“Right now Damon Guillory, who was on varsity last year, has the upper hand, and hopefully some of the other guys will step up and give him some competition,” Boyd said. “At receiver, we’ve got Jeremiah Johnson, Josh Mayes, big guys who might be more of a tight end type of guy so that could help us decide on which formation we’ll go with.

“But we’ll probably go with a good mixture of the two.”

The biggest factor, Boyd said, is the progress of those protecting the quarterback.

“The offensive line is our biggest question mark,” Boyd said. “Other than our center (Clint Welborn), the whole group is relatively new. That will dictate what were run. Right now, it’s unknown until we get in pads and see.”

Boyd said he hopes the summer heat won’t keep his team down.

“That’s just part of it,” he said. “It’s getting hotter and hotter, and that just something we’ll have to get used to between now and August.”

The Patriots will start strength and conditioning camp Monday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name="panamamyers" post="814102" timestamp="1277228366"]
Yes Lee has....me
I would venture to guess [b]Baytown Lee has more graduates that have college degrees than Barbers Hill[/b].

Tell me who Barbers Hill has graduated that played at a D1 school.
I can't think of any at all...

Lee has to have had 25-30 in the past 20 years.
[/quote]

I would hope so....since you are comparing a school that just turned 4A....a small 4A at that to a school that had been 5A for years.
I would venture to guess that  BH has a greater percentage of graduates w/ college degrees than does Lee.

and no Barbers Hill will not win district next year. Crosby, Dayton, BH, GCM, LEE, CE King, GP, North Forest.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="814102" timestamp="1277228366"]
Yes Lee has....me
I would venture to guess Baytown Lee has more graduates that have college degrees than Barbers Hill.

Tell me who Barbers Hill has graduated that played at a D1 school.
I can't think of any at all...

Lee has to have had 25-30 in the past 20 years.
[/quote]

Kenny Robbins UH 90-93. There are some more and someone produced a list at one time, but I don't have it. Oh and if you count Lee College degrees you may be right  on more degrees than BH;D How many state championships did those 25-30 Div I players get ya? DIV I players help, but they can't carry a team in most cases. BH has beaten teams with Div I players while having none theirselves :)

There are varying degrees of being good. 
Not everyone is going to win have won a state championship obviously.

If it's state championship or bust in your mind, then you are in for a long, depressing ride.

Having said that, Lee has had some entertaining, talented teams over the past 25 years.  I have been privileged to watch a lot of future college stars as well as a couple of future NFL players.

Lee just has a more talented pool of students when it comes to football.
Lee has a lot more athletic players than BH this year as well. 

[quote name="panamamyers" post="814148" timestamp="1277245705"]
There are varying degrees of being good. 
Not everyone is going to win have won a state championship obviously.

If it's state championship or bust in your mind, then you are in for a long, depressing ride.

Having said that, Lee has had some entertaining, talented teams over the past 25 years.  I have been privileged to watch a lot of future college stars as well as a couple of future NFL players.

Lee just has a more talented pool of students when it comes to football.
Lee has a lot more athletic players than BH this year as well. 
[/quote]

Oh I know I have watched and followed the Ganders since Stoener (Sp) I always injoyed watching that offense that Olin put together. If lee has more athletic players than BH this year then it should be an easy win for the Ganders. Oh keep this post handy for after the game and we will see what your explantion is ;D

Oh and where do the athletes go after football? I've watched BH beat lee in Basketball, Baseball and every other sport for the past 10 years? hmmmmm

Notice I said more athletic.
I never said better coached.

Lee has a lot of individual talents that rarely ever gel into a cohesive team.

Lee will be faster and quicker than BH this year.
But North Forest is faster and quicker than BH every year too, so it isn't all about being faster and quicker.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="814320" timestamp="1277331070"]

But North Forest is faster and quicker than BH every year too, so it isn't all about being faster and quicker.

[/quote]

Looking forward to a great football season.  Barbers Hill has a great bunch of kids, that work very hard.
They will do well this year.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="814320" timestamp="1277331070"]

[/quote]

There is the nail on the head! The team has to work well with each other or you can have all the speed in the world. Look at La Marque when they have a coach that can make them buy into the process they are unstopable ,but when they don't not so much! As I've said before Lee has made this a better district, but they are down this year according to what I have read. I don't know what the out look for Lee is in the future, but I do know that BH and Dayton have about 4 years of pretty good talent comming up.

Riley rejoins Hurts at Channelview
By Dave Rogers
The Baytown Sun
Published June 24, 2010
After spending 17 years at Robert E. Lee High School, assistant football coach Clint Riley is switching jobs for the second time in as many years.

The Blanco, Texas, native who was a fixture in Baytown as an assistant to head coach Dic*k Olin, said Wednesday he will coach the offensive line this fall at Channelview, where a couple of former Lee High coaching cohorts are on the staff.

Most notable of them is Averion Hurts, who has been head coach of the Falcons for five seasons. He was defensive coordinator at Lee before taking the Channelview top job in 2006. Another is Terry Bunn, who joined Hurts at Channelview in 2006.

Riley, a former player at Texas-El Paso and a finalist for Olin’s old job after Olin moved to Lewisville High in 2009, worked last season as offensive line coach in Barbers Hill for Don Price, the former head coach there.

“We’ve stayed in touch since they moved to Channelview,” Riley said of Hurts and Bunn, noting the school was a District 21-5A rival of Lee the past four seasons. “They’ve got good athletes.

“You always wish the numbers were bigger (Channelview’s 2009 enrollment of 2,285 makes it the fifth-largest school in six-team 21-5A), but hopefully everything will continue on and work well.

“And the best part is I don’t have to move, which is a plus.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Lee right now it comes down to not having enough kids in the program.
I think they have 7-10 seniors this coming year.
They may have had 65 kids total in the spring game I saw.
I don't even know if that's enough to field a JV squad.  It's going to be tight.

Lee does have some very talented juniors and sophomores right now.
They have probably 2-4 D1 athletes and another 4-5 guys that could play at smaller colleges.
Then, the drop off is pretty substantial after those top 8 guys. 
They don't have a whole lot of those typical pretty good athletes that fill in the holes on a high school football team.
They either have borderline college recruits or guys that should be on JV.

You know the old saying of you're only as good as your weakest link.  Well that holds true for football too, particularly if you have 8 really good links and 14 weak links.

I'm not trying to give an indictment to any of the Lee players.  They all try hard.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="814455" timestamp="1277405846"]
For Lee right now it comes down to not having enough kids in the program.
I think they have 7-10 seniors this coming year.
They may have had 65 kids total in the spring game I saw.
I don't even know if that's enough to field a JV squad.  It's going to be tight.

Lee does have some very talented juniors and sophomores right now.
They have probably 2-4 D1 athletes and another 4-5 guys that could play at smaller colleges.
Then, the drop off is pretty substantial after those top 8 guys. 
They don't have a whole lot of those typical pretty good athletes that fill in the holes on a high school football team.
They either have borderline college recruits or guys that should be on JV.

You know the old saying of you're only as good as your weakest link.  Well that holds true for football too, particularly if you have 8 really good links and 14 weak links.

I'm not trying to give an indictment to any of the Lee players.  They all try hard.

[/quote]

Yall be fine! Good news is you don't have to field that in 5A this year ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin