ANYTHING WORLD CUP

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="OldSkool97" post="814781" timestamp="1277601854"]
My picks for tomorrow's games are Germany over England and Argentina over Mexico. Both should be good games to watch.
[/quote]

i'm with you on the germany game, but i'll take mexico to shock the world. 

[quote name="bullets13000" post="814801" timestamp="1277610067"]
[quote author=OldSkool97 link=topic=70431.msg814781#msg814781 date=1277601854]
My picks for tomorrow's games are Germany over England and Argentina over Mexico. Both should be good games to watch.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Germany and Argentina.  Messi finally comes out.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="814807" timestamp="1277611261"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=70431.msg814801#msg814801 date=1277610067]
[quote author=OldSkool97 link=topic=70431.msg814781#msg814781 date=1277601854]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Germany and Argentina.   Messi finally comes out.
[/quote]

you were right, and i was wrong, although messi has had a great tournament, apart from scoring.  Mexico is currently down 3-0.  They got royally screwed on the first goal, which was about 2 miles offsides, but afterwards they've crumbled.  i can't say i haven't enjoyed it a bit, though :)

[quote name="Newbie" post="815269" timestamp="1277844070"]
VIVA ESPANA!
[/quote]

Spain looked GREAT today. They could connect 20-25 passes at will.

I could watch another 4 weeks of World Cup it they would play a round robin of Spain, Brazil, Germany and the Netherlands! I forgot about Argentina!

It's a shame Brazil or the Netherlands will be lost after friday and ghana or Uraguay will still be moving on. Not even close in quality of soccer.

I am a little bumbed that Brazil lost today cause I had them picked to win it all. Netherlands is pretty good, got to give it to them.
In the Ghana Uruguay game, Ghana leads 1-0 at the half. Ghana looks pretty good so far. Lets just see what happens in the second half.

[quote name="rschuldt" post="817808" timestamp="1278995270"]
Personally, I didn't want Spain to win for reasons that I don't feel right stating on here. So I would have  rathered the Netherlands win against all odds.
[/quote]

Read Ruud Doevendans article on Planet World Cup: Johan Cruijff cost Holland two World Cups. If you have not seen or read this article it might surprise you. ;)

I'm not really basing my comment off of skill or which team is better. My comment is basically based off of stereotype. I would rather not mention it though, for it might offend some people, but if need be I will and just bite my tongue when my karma takes a plunge (not that it isn't already bad enough).  ;)

[quote name="rschuldt" post="818255" timestamp="1279209837"]
I'm not really basing my comment off of skill or which team is better. My comment is basically based off of stereotype. I would rather not mention it though, for it might offend some people, but if need be I will and just bite my tongue when my karma takes a plunge (not that it isn't already bad enough).  ;)
[/quote]

I only said read the article because the guy they said could have helped them win those world cups resides here in Beaumont. It has no relevance to the 2010 World Cup. He is having a camp next week.  He can still teach us a thing or two about soccer. He just needs the areas support. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder