All District Selection Process

[quote name="9Doggies" post="805710" timestamp="1274868492"]
Coaches get together with their stats and they talk up their players. Then after the vote a Coach will leak out the list and someone will post it on here for all to see before the Coaches can get out of their vehicles.
[/quote]
Sooooooooo True...... Funny how thinks just so happen get out.....lol 

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
Players are not supposed to be informed about all-district selections until all teams in their respective district has been eliminated from playoff contention. However, it does indeed leak out sometimes.

[quote name="9Doggies" post="805710" timestamp="1274868492"]
Coaches get together with their stats and they talk up their players. Then after the vote a Coach will leak out the list and someone will post it on here for all to see before the Coaches can get out of their vehicles.
[/quote]

I think you are wrong about the part where you think "they talk up their players".  The numbers go up on the board and speak for themselves.

I think baseball/softball are some of the hardest to pick when it comes to alldistrict. The old saying goes "Figures lie and Liars figure". What you call a hit, I may call an error. A batting average should be universal but it depends on who is keeping ithe book for each team.  Also what is better a SS that makes about 3 plays a game that nobody else will make for outs and bats .250 or a below average SS that bats .333?

[quote name="formercaveman" post="805787" timestamp="1274888899"]
I think baseball/softball are some of the hardest to pick when it comes to alldistrict. The old saying goes "Figures lie and Liars figure". What you call a hit, I may call an error. A batting average should be universal but it depends on who is keeping ithe book for each team.  Also what is better a SS that makes about 3 plays a game that nobody else will make for outs and bats .250 or a below average SS that bats .333?
[/quote]

Excellent points. It sounds a bit like LL all-stars. You know it seems a shame that official scorers aren't an element, if each team keeps it's own books then one game could be scored quite differently by each team couldn't it?

I kept up with my sons numbers and the coach was really accurate. I think they allow people to keep a book in the stands if they want to. I dont see how anyone can argue. The coaches vote.If you dont know stats on everyone that made the team you shouldnt say a word.Most people keep up with one teams stats and they dont have a clue about other teams. If someone is upset because they did not make the team they should be encouraged to work harder to achieve that goal.

[quote name="Big Stick" post="806192" timestamp="1274973488"]
I cannot imagine that a varsity coach would not have stats being kept properly.Even some stats from teams he will see again.
[/quote]
Agreed...There may be some borderline calls throughout the year but I believe Varsity stats are for the most part accurate.  The argument that incorrect stats may elevate a kid to all-district status is bogus IMO.

And anyone that felt this was going on at their school should talk to their coach and find out how stats are kept rather than posting on here and degrading the kids that were chosen.

My post from earlier was purely hypothetical. I was not refering to any player this year. I saw no games in the triangle this year. Just making a statement about how alldistrict picks for baseball are difficult. There are so many aspects of baseball that a player must be proficient at that it is sometimes harder to pick who is the best. I would never try to take anything away from somebody who made alldistrict. Congrats to all the kids that made it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder