Bridge city Vs. Huffman Predictions??

Guest JoesBros

Should be a set of good games next weekend.  I have seen WO-S, OF and BC a number of times this season and look forward to seeing Huffman play.  Their Huffman team was at the game when BC played Taylor.
Seemed to be a polite an very nice group of young men!

ETBU,  forgive OFs--Bobcat 55--you have to remember they have never had a moment-in-the-sun like this season. LOL  All their stars have finally aligned this one time; but I will give them credit they are loaded with Seniors that can play ball.  They really dominated Bryan Rudder who strutted in with a whole club team of Select players grouped at a brand new school by the parents.

Also congrats to the Falcon Softball team on their win this weekend--looks like the State Championship might be decided between Splendora vs Huffman coming up soon.  :o

Why do I have to be forgiven? All I gave was my opinion because Huffman had lost some pitching to grades and injury I have heard. If I upset you etbu I appologize. East TX as far as the stars lining up and never having had our moment in the sun you probly need to think how you say things. I in no way directed any insult to anyone and you sir directed a direct insult at me. So if you have a problem with Orangefield being proud of their kids then you need to cancel your login and find another board to post on!!!

ETBU...I see you "deleted" your pointed message to-- Bobcat 55-- and that is quite regal of you!....  I too can handled his new attack upon me.

I attended the OF vs Rudder game in Nacogdoches and sat with many OF friends and pulled for the Bobcats as usual-- if they are not playing my team...I attended even OF 6 man football games when I was in grade school; and have supported them all they way into the future.  I trust that this one person cannot collapse my long friendships with many folks & friends at OF.

ETBU, lets get together for a moment at the playoff game(as we most always do) and visit.

Guest jhamilton
ET Ha like the "regal" aspect of it. Should be intresting week of baeball but I have not followed the Falcons that much this year. Have only seen them a couple of times. Hashagen kid is a good one and comes from a good family.

Guest bleed orange
You said and I quote:

[color=red]you have to remember they have never had a moment-in-the-sun like this season. LOL  All their stars have finally aligned this one time; [/color]

I take offense to that also. Bobcat55 said nothing wrong. Let me also remind you ET of something. When you guys where in 4A the only sport BC competed in was baseball. We have been 3A for a long time and competed well in 3A until all the 4A schools started losing numbers and dropped down. We have had some moments in the sun as you put it. 

Guest bleed orange
What I don't understand "ET" is you say you have many friends from Orangefield but yet you make a remark like that. You was online earlier and you saw my post yet you did not respond. I understand your loyality to BC but do your research and see where a person from Orangefield has made a negative comment about BC. You may find one but it won't be many. The sun has shown on us many times just like you guys.

BC wins in 2. 21 3A rules.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="bleed orange" post="802428" timestamp="1274057040"]
What I don't understand "ET" is you say you have many friends from Orangefield but yet you make a remark like that. You was online earlier and you saw my post yet you did not respond. I understand your loyality to BC but do your research and see where a person from Orangefield has made a negative comment about BC. You may find one but it won't be many. The sun has shown on us many times just like you guys.

[/quote]

Is this a BC OF thread guys? ET has a opinion just like the rest of us and settle down guys. This is baseball not a revolution so calm down before you have a stroke. ET is a good GOD fearing man that loves BC and all the kids of the area. Now where were we on the the game? Huffman is a very young team and they can be lethal at times or than can play down. I have seen them only two or three times this year but enjoy watching H Hashagen and the younger kids. I know what BC has bc have followed them over the last ten years and they will be tough. Good luck to both squads and may the best team win.

Actually when I posted this it was meant to be a poetic-type compliment.  I was just saying the OF has never had a team of this caliber; as this fine Bobcat team, in their history.  I was not intending this to be taken as a bad remark.  I played baseball and football against the Bobcats way back in the late 1950s and have followed them closely and even had kinfolk star at OF.
I maintain my belief that-- all the stars aligned this year-- and this is the best OF has ever fielded on a baseball diamond.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now as to the real topic of this thread.  At this level any team has the capability to group their hits and win a game.  Example, Bullard was 10-0 in District and Mexia was a 3rd team without a stellar record; yet, they pulled out a win.  Yes they will again play a team that 10-run ruled them twice, this next weekend.....But that kind of proves-- determination-- that they made it to this point and beat a top 10 ranked Bullard team in the playoffs.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="etbu" post="802432" timestamp="1274058550"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69752.msg802428#msg802428 date=1274057040]

[/quote]

Is this a BC OF thread guys? ET has a opinion just like the rest of us and settle down guys. This is baseball not a revolution so calm down before you have a stroke. ET is a good GOD fearing man that loves BC and all the kids of the area. Now where were we on the the game? Huffman is a very young team and they can be lethal at times or than can play down. I have seen them only two or three times this year but enjoy watching H Hashagen and the younger kids. I know what BC has bc have followed them over the last ten years and they will be tough. Good luck to both squads and may the best team win.
[/quote]

This is not a OF/BC thread. I agree get back on topic and I hear you EastTX. Sometimes words are misread. It happens all the time in a email or a message board. I like the old days. Good Luck Bridge City.

Agree Bleed Orange,  and to Bobcat55, when you added in a- second post- that your reasoning was that the Falcons may have sustained some pitcher problems... it kind of took the--edge--off the remark, so-to-speak.  Communications has always been a problem for all.  We write thinking in one vein: someone reading has only the-- printed words--and has no idea of the intend or back ground expanded thoughts of the writer.

We have all on discussion boards said to ourselves, "Wow, how did he get THAT out to the simple statement that I wrote"  ;D

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="802437" timestamp="1274061016"]
Get back on topic...
[/quote]

Last I read we are on topic............... Baseball is what we are discussing right?  ??? Has anyone heard where they may play? Baytown Lee or Lamar?

Only word out and I have no idea if it is reliable is that--number of games & location will be determined by Monday evening.  I would like to see 2/3 games; that way the winner would get in a little more playing time and batting practice that week.

I would like Lamar Stadium in Beaumont.  It seems a lot of spectators will come to see a HS playoff game played at that college field.

Guest jhamilton
We will know soon enough and both Coaches from Huffman and BC are top notch on and off the field. Where is Ruth anyway? He still alive?

Guest jhamilton
WOW is that a three or one game cost? I can understand bc it cost money to throw the party but is steep from the sounds of it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder