How about Coach of the Decade....

[quote name="Gabe" post="793535" timestamp="1271961086"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=68511.msg793348#msg793348 date=1271914557]
Our coach recorded his 500th win 2 games ago.  He's now at 502.  Brenham is pretty far from yall, but 500 wins is a pretty big deal.
[/quote]

Coach Long is it?
[/quote]

ya

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="790630" timestamp="1271351555"]
Some of these [b]current[/b] head coaches haven't completed 10 years but here are some [b]playoff[/b] wins. Feel free correct or add your [b]current[/b] head coach to the list.

Mixon (Jasper) 26
Griff (LCM) 17
Stone (PNG) 17
Staubam (BH) 15
Terrier (Buna) 14
Robbins (Ned) 10
Landry (BC/HF) 8
Bennett (OF) 3
Green (Vid) 2
Mehaffy (HF) 2
Trawhorn (Sil) 2  
[/quote]
Didnt Green have some playoff wins while at Kelly??

I think you guys are forgetting someone. Neil Hennigan. 53 Playoff wins from 2000 to 2007. 1 State Championship. 2 State Finals. 3 Regional Finals. 1 Regional Semi-Final. 1 Regional Quarterfinal. I think that record will surpass most if not all in Southeast Texas.
Just curious why this name was left out of the discussion.

[quote name="headcoach25" post="795272" timestamp="1272381358"]
I think you guys are forgetting someone. Neil Hennigan. 53 Playoff wins from 2000 to 2007. 1 State Championship. 2 State Finals. 3 Regional Finals. 1 Regional Semi-Final. 1 Regional Quarterfinal. I think that record will surpass most if not all in Southeast Texas.
Just curious why this name was left out of the discussion.
[/quote]

I almost brought him up.  He certainly had a great run at Colmesneil and Woodville.

[quote name="RoundRock89" post="790394" timestamp="1271294505"]
You guys can't imagine how proud us former Jasper baseball players are of Coach Mixon and the job he has done.  For him to get this sort of recognition in this sort of forum/crowd is really nice....  By the way, I think Mixon hit 13 home runs and batted over .400 his Junior year at Jasper...
[/quote]

Shawn was one of the better players of his era in Jasper and has definitely made his mark as their coach. I also grew up with him and had no idea that he would eventually run the program, let alone win a state title in Jasper. He's always been an overachiever, so his success doesn't surprise me at all. I just thought he would go farther as a player than he did. BTW...he was a pretty good pitcher, too.

[quote name="coach72" post="795575" timestamp="1272456718"]
You cant put bryant on this list. He walked into a great group of kids at BC and if Moore would have stayed then it probably would been the same result or maybe even better for those couple of years that Bryant was the head coach. The kids deserve most of the praise not bryant.
[/quote]moore also had a lot of good players and never got very far in the playoffs.

[quote name="Worm" post="789239" timestamp="1271099850"]
Look up how many guys Coach Griff sends to the next level plus LCM competes every year.
[/quote]

For this reason alone, he would get my vote! Griff does this every year. I wish I knew how many kids he got scholarships and opportunities to play college ball that would never had the shot going to any of these other schools. We are blessed to have a lot of fine coaches and baseball talent in SE Texas. Coach Griff is heads above every other coach in this department.

You cant put bryant on this list. He walked into a great group of kids at BC and if Moore would have stayed then it probably would been the same result or maybe even better for those couple of years that Bryant was the head coach. The kids deserve most of the praise not bryant.
[/quote]
I agree that Coach Bryant walked into a great bunch of kids, but you have to give the man some credit.  The man has won everywhere he has coached.  In Buna he went to the state tournament twice, Bridge City he went twice, and then at West Sabine he almost goes again.  I don't know why Coach Bryant has earned this reputation that he can't coach.  He has proven that he can to everyone.  His coaching style was not the most flamboyant, loud type I have ever seen, but this wasn't always a bad thing.  He kind of sat back, let the kids play, and chimed in when necessary.  I believe with agressive coaches it sometimes puts too much pressure on the kids and they don't perform as well.  I guess you can say "different strokes for different folks".  I have nothing but the upmost respect for the man and his coaching style.  I respect everyone else's opinion, but you can't take away the success this man has had.

[/quote]
You can and you should. Like someone else said, he started the success at Buna. He has been successful everywhere he has been. He is not one to cuss a kid or put his hands on them either. His style is his own good or bad. To each his own. He probably came across laid back in bc as to not upset the lynch mob of "experts" that have sat in the stands most of their lives. If he was firm, then he would have been too demanding. Couldn't have won the battle there. One individual and his klan was just too much in the end. As to the ignorrant statement of walking into a team and being good or not being good. It is just that, ignorrant. I got a mega million lottery coming up, so if you can predict all that then I need help with picking my numbers. According to you they should take away Joe Torre's rings. His name shouldn't even be on a plaque anywhere near Yankee stadium. I never can figure out why anyone on this planet gets off to blasting another just out of the blue and with only malicious intent. Especially when they do it anonymously. Wait, I remember. Usually because of jealousy and envy. They have always been looking up and have never been able to compare. And they are [u]afraid[/u] for someone else to critique what they do. That warrior in the arena has succeeded already whether they win or fail. Simply because they are there in the fight while all the others watch because they were afraid to fail.

What list can we attempt to put you on?

ps  I'm ignorrant for even responding to this crap.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder