1. 1.

• Bianca Garza â?? Nederland â?? Jr. - Goalkeeper
    • Bailey Fontenot - Hardin-Jefferson â?? Jr. â?? Goalkeeper
    • Katie Eldredge â?? Silsbee â?? Sr. - Goalkeeper
    • Kami Williamson â?? Vidor â?? Sr. - Goalkeeper
    • Amanda Goenaga â?? Livingston â?? Fr. - Goalkeeper
    • Stacy Dolan - West Brook - Freshman

[quote name="Newbie" post="788996" timestamp="1271028741"]
Stacy Dolan, Freshman from WB.  Shutout ALL Southeast Texas teams. YES, that includes PNG, WB, Lumberton.  Just sayin......
[/quote]

Ok. I'll add her to the list. I never found a 5A all district list so there may have been some people i've overlooked and I apologize.

Guest Newbie
[quote name="hj_hawk_60" post="788999" timestamp="1271028845"]
Ok. I'll add her to the list. I never found a 5A all district list so there may have been some people i've overlooked and I apologize.
[/quote]
Here are the WB players
District 21 5A MVP Aaron Strawser, Mid, Soph
First Team All District from WB
Rachel Babin, Forward, Frosh
Lizzie Florece, Forward,  Jr
Lisl Ost, Mid, Jr
Hannah Babin, Def, Jr
Emma Peralta, Def, Frosh

Stacy Dolan, Freshman from WB.  Shutout ALL Southeast Texas teams. YES, that includes PNG, Nederland, Lumberton.  Just sayin......
[/quote]

When PNG and WB played PNG actually scored twice, but both goals were taken away. I understand that they did not count and someone will probably have something to say about this.. but the ball did hit the back of the net. Tatum Crochet should be added to this list. She only allowed one goal in district play.

[quote name="Frogger09" post="789105" timestamp="1271075844"]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=68496.msg788996#msg788996 date=1271028741]
Stacy Dolan, Freshman from WB.  Shutout ALL Southeast Texas teams. YES, that includes PNG, Nederland, Lumberton.  Just sayin......
[/quote]

When PNG and WB played PNG actually scored twice, [b]but both goals were taken away[/b]. I understand that they did not count and someone will probably have something to say about this.. but the ball did hit the back of the net. Tatum Crochet should be added to this list. She only allowed one goal in district play.
[/quote]

so they didn't score?  ;D

[quote name="Rebel2" post="789096" timestamp="1271072789"]
I don't think a 5A keeper should be included in the list with the 4A teams.  As far as the 5A keeper shutting out the 4A teams, big deal.  They are biggers schools and should beat the 4A teams.
[/quote]

She also allowed something like 2 goals in district against 5A schools.  She shouldn't be excluded from this list.  In fact, the current leader in votes right now plays for a 3A team.  These lists aren't about classification, but about performance.

Guest Newbie
[quote name="bullets13000" post="789211" timestamp="1271095103"]
[quote author=Frogger09 link=topic=68496.msg789105#msg789105 date=1271075844]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=68496.msg788996#msg788996 date=1271028741]
[/quote]

When PNG and WB played PNG actually scored twice, [b]but both goals were taken away[/b]. I understand that they did not count and someone will probably have something to say about this.. but the ball did hit the back of the net. Tatum Crochet should be added to this list. She only allowed one goal in district play.
[/quote]

so they didn't score?  ;D
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D
It doesn't count no matter how many times it hits the back of the net if it's not a goal.  Come on people!

Bullets13000, I do believe it makes a difference.  The 3A and 4A girls play in the same district and have enrollments that are closer then the big 5A schools.  If the keeper for WB only allowed a couple of goals in her district then by all means she should be the 5A top keeper of the area.  Just name another one for all the 4/3A teams that played one another in district.

[quote name="Rebel2" post="789532" timestamp="1271160848"]
Bullets13000, I do believe it makes a difference.  The 3A and 4A girls play in the same district and have enrollments that are closer then the big 5A schools.  If the keeper for WB only allowed a couple of goals in her district then by all means she should be the 5A top keeper of the area.  Just name another one for all the 4/3A teams that played one another in district.
[/quote]

that's what all-district is for.  this is the all-setx team.  it would be pointless to make a separate team for 5A considering there's only what, two 5A schools in our area?  I can kind of see where you're coming from, but it really doesn't work in this situation.

[/quote]

Here i go debating you again... Sometimes shut outs can be deceptive.... If a goalie is shielded behind great field players ie mids and especially defenders then the other team may not get many shots on goal to be challenged. On the other hand if these teams took 15-20 shots on her and she denied them.. then that is another story all together... I have seen club games where Bianca had no input at all but maybe a punt or two per half because Horning,Long, Hughes, Strawser, Afshar and company were dictating the game.  Stacy needs to be mentioned in the conversation as top goalies but it is not the same as the hail of shots Fontenot has to attempt to stop hiding behind her first and second line of defense. As the poll shows it is Bailey Fontenot... and she is not from Lumberton lol.

Is their a SETX addiction hotline... I need to stop this madness.. HELP! :D

Just say NO rip!

Guest Newbie
Not debating you rip, but Stacy did stop possible goals from Chloe, Kaitlyn, (the first time WB played Lumberton) the La Porte twins (you know who)several times, Deer Park, Pearland, Klein Collins, etc.  The other district games, not so much competition, except Sterling.  And WB's backup goalie did save a couple of possible Stowey goals the second meeting as she played on goal then.  Stacy also did not allow more than 2 goals all season from any team.

Regarding Rebel's thought that 5A players shouldn't be compared with 3A and 4A...Several of the 4A schools in the area are more competitive than the district schools in 21-5A (dist. containing WB and PA).  So performance against these schools really is more of a credit than performance against some of the schools in the district.  I do understand about school size, but some schools are just not focussed on soccer at all.  I would like to vote at least 3 times for GK of the year, because we do have these very good ones in the area.  But SD, being a freshman, did a great job for WB this year, and the team had two key defenders out early in the season.

[quote name="Newbie" post="789739" timestamp="1271195156"]
Not debating you rip, but Stacy did stop possible goals from Chloe, Kaitlyn, (the first time WB played Lumberton) the La Porte twins (you know who)several times, Deer Park, Pearland, Klein Collins, etc.  The other district games, not so much competition, except Sterling.  And WB's backup goalie did save a couple of possible Stowey goals the second meeting as she played on goal then.  Stacy also did not allow more than 2 goals all season from any team.
[/quote] I spoke to an insider tonight, a player that has played with all 3 of these goalies and said Stacy got her vote... I might Have to reconsider. Yes I know those La Porte twins very well!!!

Guest Newbie
[quote name="Rebel2" post="789096" timestamp="1271072789"]
I don't think a 5A keeper should be included in the list with the 4A teams.  As far as the 5A keeper shutting out the 4A teams, big deal.  They are biggers schools and should beat the 4A teams.
[/quote]
Not necessarily.  Enrollment numbers by themselves don't guarantee a team's success.  Using your logic, Beaumont Central should be ahead of all the schools in 20 4a according to the latest UIL figures.  Look where they landed in district play, look at their games against PNG and Nederland.  Using your same line of thought, North Shore SHOULD beat West Brook as their enrollment is almost double WB's.  Not so, they played twice this year, and the results were in WB's favor twice 8-0, 8-0. 

Guest Newbie
[quote name="Rebel2" post="790177" timestamp="1271267086"]
Thats true Newbie....I remember Lumberton girls, with less then half of WB's entrollment thumping WB in 09' 3-1.
[/quote]
It was 2-1, not 3-1, hardly a thumping and if I remember correctly, after that last goal, Lumberton subbed players every few minutes and kicked the ball out to run out the clock.  Even the players said the parents were yelling to the girls to run up the clock.  Whatever it takes to win a game.  That was also then when your other goalie played on goal.  She had an amazing game and I noticed that she's a field player this year.  How many shots on goal did they have the first time they met at Kelly tournament this year?  If I remember correctly, our last defender stayed at the halfway zone 90% of the time.  They did do better the second time they met, but our second string goalie shut them down too.  I'm just sayin.....

Guest Newbie
[quote name="Rebel2" post="790504" timestamp="1271334394"]
All that butt kicking of 4A teams didn't do WB a lot of good seeing as they were beat in the first round of the playoffs by a forth seeded La Porte team.
[/quote]
WB had a disappointing end of the season as they lost to 2 teams they beat before, both Sterling and La Porte.  I feel bad for the seniors as that was their last game, but the rest of the team, it's good for them, it builds character.  La Porte may be [b]fourth[/b] seeded in their district but they're no slackers.  The top 4 teams from District 22 weren't that far apart from each other point wise, in fact, WB tied both Deer Park (1st seed), and Pearland (2nd seed) prior to start of district play.  Due to redistricting, La Porte will be in District 21 next year so that's good for our district.  Better competition makes your team stronger.  Baytown Lee is dropping to 4a so they're gone.  Was the loss in the first round painful to the district champs, you bet!  Have they learned something from it?  Hopefully, and they're going to build on that for next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder