Vidor @ Nederland Predictions??

[quote name="JoesBros" post="784056" timestamp="1269962175"]
Who says Hester is pitching in the game?  ;)
[/quote]

Joesbros might be on to something.

Vidor sits at 4-1

This way

APRIL
1st- @ Nederland......Hester
6th- Livingston
9th- @ Central
13th- Lumberton.......Hester
16th- @ Ozen
20th- PNG................Hester
23rd- @ LCM
26th- Nederland........Hester
30th- @ Livingston

or this way

APRIL
1st- @ Nederland
6th- Livingston.........Hester
9th- @ Central
13th- Lumberton.......Hester
16th- @ Ozen
20th- PNG
23rd- @ LCM............Hester
26th- Nederland
30th- @ Livingston....Hester

Surely it is the first way. Expectations are high with the level of talent we are playing with. With the first set up we are still the favorites to win the district. We can't let one bad game turn our whole thing upside down. I say we give our best to Nederland and we will come out on top for sure.

Vidor 5 Nederland 1 (that seems to be all Hester allows)

[quote name="vpride" post="784087" timestamp="1269965642"]
Surely it is the first way. Expectations are high with the level of talent we are playing with. With the first set up we are still the favorites to win the district. We can't let one bad game turn our whole thing upside down. I say we give our best to Nederland and we will come out on top for sure.

[/quote]

could not agree more. The first way is for district champs, the 2nd way is to make the playoffs, when they take 4 out of 8 teams including ( central and ozen ) who are a little down this year

You pitch Hester against Nederland, no brainer.

If not, then you are only settling for playoff spot and not trying to win district and that can backfire on you.

Vidor will qualify for playoffs by pitching their best against the best and give them the chance to win district along the way.

I think this game will be more high scoring than most people are predicting. I'm not sure Bellow has it all back yet. I know he looked good vs Central but still had a few walks and remember it was just over a week ago PNG pounded him. I just don't think against a top team in the district like Vidor he will look as good as he did vs Central. Also I think the Ned bats are really firing on all cylinders. I think they can get a few across on hester. I think defense decides the game. Vidor 4 to 3 in 9 innings my prediction.

[quote name="vpride" post="784087" timestamp="1269965642"]
Surely it is the first way. Expectations are high with the level of talent we are playing with. [b]With the first set up we are still the favorites to win the district. [/b] We can't let one bad game turn our whole thing upside down. I say we give our best to Nederland and we will come out on top for sure.

[/quote]
    Didnt know Vidor was ever the district favorites? Who came up with that? A good team and all, but just wondering?

[quote name="eknights88" post="784100" timestamp="1269967861"]
[quote author=vpride link=topic=67924.msg784087#msg784087 date=1269965642]

[/quote]

could not agree more. [b]The first way is for district champs[/b], the 2nd way is to make the playoffs, when they take 4 out of 8 teams including ( central and ozen ) who are a little down this year
[/quote]
    Don't put the cart before the horse.... Remember what happened and what was said during football season. Vidor would whoop everybody in district. Didnt happen that way... just saying. Hester can be beat.The game the other night against PN-G could have went either way. The train derails for the pirates. They lose there second in a row. Nederland wins this one.

sorry to be misunderstood, i didnt mean to sound like they would win distrct. I just think that throwing hester is vidor's only chance to even come close to win district.

Without hester on the mound, they dont have much of a chance agaist the other top pitchers, their bats just arent  strong enough, give or take a few  hitters.

That is why hester is their only chance verus the png, and nederland's. When he pitches, they can win a 1 or 2 run game, could lose by 1 or 2, or could be ten run ruled. But they will not ten run rule the ned or png's, becuase their bats just cant handle those pitchers.  

What I got from the PA News articles is that Vidor coach is playing some head games by not announcing his starter until game day. He also said that if Hester does not start, he will pitch at some point. I understand all the hoopla behind this approach and commend him for it. The thing is that both teams have to just go out and play the game.....putting the ball into play, no matter who is on the mound. I give the edge to Nederland at home.

Good luck to both teams. I hope to be in attendance for this one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder